It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard called . . . . And so it begins. . . . . .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Both New Jersey and New York have declared states of emergencies.

In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced the most rigorous actions to date to combat the spread in New Rochelle, which he described as the "most significant cluster in the country" and accounts for the lion's share of the surging caseload in the tri-state area.

Those measures include deploying National Guard troops to a Health Department command post and setting up a satellite testing facility and one-mile, two-week containment area in the city. Public schools in that containment zone will be closed through March 25; National Guard troops will help clean surfaces and deliver food in that one-mile radius.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

This isn't going to end well.

People are going to panic.

It' going to get even uglier.

SMH

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

AND SO IT BEGINS....

Nothing to add...I've just always wanted to say that.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm curious how they will manage quarantines here. I just saw a post in the update thread from Italy how they are using police tape to keep people a certain distance from each other. I can't imagine people not being allowed to go to the store here in the states. Honestly, if this thing is as spreadable as it's being advertised, I just don't see what can really be done to stop it. Sure, wash your hands more, but really it seems futile to have all these quarantines.

Even IF everyone stays home for months, this thing isn't going anywhere. At some point everyone is going to be faced with having to deal with it and allow their bodys' immune system learn how to fight it. ALL viruses are novel at some point, right?

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
New York wants some of that emergency pandemic money. They want to make sure they are first in line to receive it.

New York actually has not had that many cases till recently, they are not as bad off as Seattle. But you will be seeing a lot of people trying to get a piece of the pie....or should I say a sip of the Corona Beer now that the bottle has been opened..

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Even IF everyone stays home for months, this thing isn't going anywhere. At some point everyone is going to be faced with having to deal with it and allow their bodys' immune system learn how to fight it. ALL viruses are novel at some point, right?

The quarantine method seems to be working pretty good in Korea and China.

The problem in the US is that every area with an outbreak would have to quarantine, which obviously isn't happening.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In cali they are using local police to enforce quarantines, using patrol cars and helicopters to ensure the peasants stay in their homes:

www.wibw.com...

using the national guard is FAAARRR more terrifying.
edit on 10-3-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

they only need to shoot 3 or 4 people before the rest usually fall in line.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Last night on our news station, it was reported that
Governor Dewine has declared a state of emergency
here in Ohio.

www.bizjournals.com...
edit on 10-3-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If I had a nickel for every thread that started with And so it begins

I would have many nickels.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Maybe even enough for a roll of toilet paper!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

"most significant cluster in the country"

Really? From: King5 (warning: this link contains one of those auto-play videos)

At least 22 people have died among more than 162 who have tested positive for coronavirus in Washington state, according to health officials. Washington state has the most reported cases in the U.S.

I'm glad that Cuomo isn't talking out his hemorrhoid-hole.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

In cali they are using local police to enforce quarantines, using patrol cars and helicopters to ensure the peasants stay in their homes:

www.wibw.com...

using the national guard is FAAARRR more terrifying.

An update in Northern California - Sacramento
Seems they are now pulling back from enforcing quarantine.

California's Sacramento County is calling off automatic 14-day quarantines that have been implemented for the coronavirus, saying it will focus instead on mitigating the impact of COVID-19.
Link

Not sure how many other counties will follow suit.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The number of novel coronavirus cases in the tri-state area nearly quadrupled between between late Friday and Tuesday, from 49 cases to 190; New Jersey has reported its first death

We need to stop downplaying and tell people to buy more toilet paper.
edit on 10-3-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Shouldn't the people have stored up food and water to go with
all the toilet paper?
edit on 10-3-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I can’t help but feel this is a complete overreaction to something that isn’t Ebola or Plague. I mean it isn’t even that deadly.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I'm curious how they will manage quarantines here. I just saw a post in the update thread from Italy how they are using police tape to keep people a certain distance from each other. I can't imagine people not being allowed to go to the store here in the states. Honestly, if this thing is as spreadable as it's being advertised, I just don't see what can really be done to stop it. Sure, wash your hands more, but really it seems futile to have all these quarantines.

The idea is to slow the spread down so hospitals dont get overwhelmed and less people who would of otherwise survived die due to what is essentially a very treatable condition (needing artificial respiration)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I’m surprised. I figured NY would skip the Guard and go straight to the UN Blue Hats.

Maybe it isn’t so much about containment of CV from Jersey as AM?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Trueman
Shouldn't the people have stored up food and water to go with
all the toilet paper?

Toilet paper is priority. Everybody is : "OH $H!T !!!" now.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's an election year... there must be some sort of conspiracy behind it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join