It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Run On Toilet Tissue Amid The Coronavirus!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: Trueman

i guess that's my poop privileged showing again... i do poop only once a day, medically that's a lot IIRC, i think a BM every 2 to 3 days is considered "medically normal"

once every 2 to 3 days either means your fiber intake is woefully low or you reside in Ethiopia and only eat solid foods once every 2 or 3 days.

As to the other, TP is not a survival necessity by any stretch. I find the run on it to be hilarious. Here in Anchorage, it's flying off the shelves. Islanders seem especially concerned over making sure they buy enough as I've seen a couple of families with one cart filled with SPAM and ramen and the other filled with cases of soda pop and thunder ribbon. If the stories of hypertension and diabetes being serious comorbidities for Coronavirus are accurate, I don't know that they'll be needing that much TP/

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They are not capitalists
They are just plain criminal who like to abuse the law of capitalism unfairly. I don't know about the sinister things and elections. Maybe, everything is possible. I personally see the political sphere under the financial sphere. Politics is mostly ran by people who are vain enought to act out the scenarios that are written by people who are clever enough to want to remain anonymous.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This TP shortage, while funny is really weird. I don't yet consider this virus a real SHTF scenario just yet, but at the very least it's proven to be an interesting social experiment. We now know TP will be the first thing to sell out if a REAL SHTF moment happens. The question is why? What possessed the entire country to hoard TP first?

I say entire country because I've heard reports from all over the country and EVERY Costco, Wal-Mart etc seems to be sold out! Maybe it's somewhere, but I don't know a single person reporting that TP is fully stocked anywhere. My mom lives in Idaho Falls and her nearest Costco is sold out. IDAHO! Really strange.
edit on 10-3-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
We now know TP will be the first thing to sell out if a REAL SHTF moment happens. The question is why?

Clean-up after the S has hit the fan immediately comes to mind.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just wait until these jerkoffs start selling it everywhere at hugely inflated prices. Oh, you know its coming.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Just wait until these jerkoffs start selling it everywhere at hugely inflated prices. Oh, you know its coming.

That' when you start using grass, leaves, mud, and dirt.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I seriously want to bitch slap each and every tp hoarder right about now!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The question is why? What possessed the entire country to hoard TP first?

It appears that fear of the virus directly effects brain tissue..I'll leave it at that.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

Yup, there are assholes here selling purell on craigslist for 100$ a bottle..bottom feeding losers.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Dead arses don't need wiping.

Your last concern should be arse-wipe.

If you just came home from the store with 1000 rolls of arse-wipe you are as good as gone anyways because you are so far in the dark you are already lost.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I seriously want to bitch slap each and every tp hoarder right about now!

Me to,there are plenty of vulnerable needy people who cannot make due on their own without help of TP.....by making our most vulnerable even more vulnerable to 2ndary diseases we make things worse....TP goes to the infirm and healthy people can rip up an old T-Shirt and get the hell to work at wiping and swiping....then rinseing and repeating daily or as otherwise required.
edit on 10-3-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

🤣🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Aussie here. Been to my local supermarket a few times in the last week trying to get a pack of loo paper. I'm disabled and spend the first few hours of the day on a toilet, the hours I've ahem, logged in there... Anyway, I cant get to the supermarket until 11am on my best day.

I've begged the managers to hold onto one pack for me and they wont as they would have to do it for others etc. Anyway, today they relented and gave me, wait for it...

1 single roll, no wrapping. At least they didn't have the nerve to charge me for it.

But still, things are really starting to frighten me I will admit. I can live uncomfortably without tp. But I'm amazed this schamozzle of a sh#t show country is so unorganised and so dependant on every other country to manufacture 95% of everything we need.

And all those things are kept in really low stockpiles. I'm worried for my mum most who is just starting to deal with being told she has cancer, If I go.. I go I guess, I'm in the 'medical complications' territory, but I love life and dont want to leave my kids behind. They still need to learn so much. Anyway...
I think it's best I limit my time online, cause I really am having a tough time writing this out and.. yeah. I know when I need a break online.

I wish you all well, and please keep calm out there, if ppl hoard and stockpile, that will create crime from those desperate to survive. So please go easy on stocks in the stores!
edit on 11-3-2020 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2020 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In many studies into normal, "healthy" defecation, normal pooping ranges from three times per day to three times per week. Less than 40 percent of healthy people poop once a day.

www.vice.com...

thunder ribbon!!!! i almost drowned on my coffee thanks to you hahahahaha.

one really big comorbidity i think nobody considered is obesity, its the equivalent of heavy smoking

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ALL Bernie has to do to win the election by a landslide...is to promise FREE toilet paper to everyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
ALL Bernie has to do to win the election by a landslide...is to promise FREE toilet paper to everyone.

ETA: I know it's not the Pit, but it's intended to be funny. If you can't see the humor in this, then try plunging your head in the toilet tank and holding your breath until you either can see the humor or don't particularly care anymore. Thx.
edit on 11-3-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Funnily enough here in Australia some people are returning or trying to return their toilet paper but the supermarket is refusing refunds .Sadly i can't link the article .

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just stumbled across a recipe for toilet paper, so maybe this is the new survival food. The recipe calls for the user to "Brown the paper on one side, then throw it into the pot." I'm no Galloping Gourmet, but if one of our culinary minded members wants to try that recipe, let the rest of us know.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Keep going...You're on a ROLL

Tanks! Plus,wipe that smile off your face.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 12-3-2020 by Waterglass because: added

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join