It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Run On Toilet Tissue Amid The Coronavirus!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Ever consider changing your avatar to Underpants61"

That Walmart sign is shall we say. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I remember people saying it wasn't good for you because you could get poisoned with the ink. Funny how people believed ink went inside you through that way.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Nah...too easy.
Mods will be wiping and flushing this thread any minute.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i do not need a ton of toilet paper. i shower after. so i lock it down, jump off toilet right into the shower.

if i am out, i go to my gym.

if i am at a friends house, i will still minimum pull down my pants jump in their shower for 45 seconds under the lower faucet. your friends might hear you shower, but c'est la vie.

if i am out, and there is a situation, i will go back to gym or house then go back out.

basically, im a clean freak, and for sure i am well showered all the time and before any interaction with girls lol.

my gym has gyms all over nyc and northern nj, so showers are usually close by somewhere.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
So what say you?

How about a short joke?

Once in my younger days a girl I knew was hit on by a guy in a bar. So this guy approaches her and says " boy would I like to get into your pants". "No thanks" she said, "one asshole down there is enough"!

Keep going...You're on a ROLL.

...i'll show myself out.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I remember people saying it wasn't good for you because you could get poisoned with the ink. Funny how people believed ink went inside you through that way.

This is the preferred way to ingest your ink from what I understand.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

OK, yes now I remember.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

When wet, it can enter your bloodstream transdermally.

But in a, erm, 'pinch', the temporary benefit of a clean bum outweighs the risk factor, at least for me.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I left a big family pack of Cottonelle in my car last week and someone broke in and stole it.

Not even joking.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I was doing house cleaning a week ago or so. I had all these rolls of toilet paper that were the cheap single ply crap that I bought on accident. Hard on the tushy.

I almost tossed them in the garbage. Thank god I didn’t.

Turns out, that crappy toilet paper is worth it’s weight in gold...

Now I have enough TP to last 4 months

F U toilet paper hoarders!

“Hoarder” brags about having four months supply.

Curses people who buy one or two months supply.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have TP for dayz, I'm on marketplace with competitive rates of $1 per sheet. Look me up.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Is the MSM Coronavirus fad still going?

People be like, remember when I bought all that TP.... lol

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Bit of useless information on the same subject......

In 1973/4 I worked for a toilet tissue manufacturer and for a different reason there

was a tp shortage and the supermarket and other outlets had to be rationed on

their orders.

The Three-Day Week was one of several measures introduced in the United Kingdom by the Conservative government to conserve electricity, the generation of which was severely restricted owing to the effects of the oil embargo on transportation and inflation. The latter industrial action by coal miners further compounded events. The effect of the three day week was that from 1 January until 7 March 1974 (also the same month the 1973–74 oil crisis ended[1]) commercial users of electricity were limited to three specified consecutive days' consumption each week and prohibited from working longer hours on those days. Services deemed essential (e.g. hospitals, supermarkets and newspaper printing presses) were exempt.[2] Television companies were required to cease broadcasting at 10.30 pm during the crisis to conserve electricity

en.wikipedia.org...

And here we are almost 50 years later
same # different century

We are resiliant!! we survived then we will again

edit on 10-3-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Trueman

When I was a kid we did that too. No to printer paper. Newspaper has more fiber!

Printer paper sounds awful (paper-cuts anyone?), newspapers has a much better softer handfeel.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I never heard that there was the Runs associated with this Coronavirus. So why the big issue about tissue?

I may have to go out and stock up more on toilet paper, we may be looking at a six month shortage on it. Seems you can never be prepared for every disaster, a toilet paper shortage is not something anyone would think you have to be prepared for.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just wash your arse with water like a civilized person. Or use the three seashells. Whatever works.

This feels like a market test of the coming deficit to see how the consumer acts when something regular is taken away.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eitea

This feels like a market test of the coming deficit to see how the consumer acts when something regular is taken away.

Indeed it does. But I think the reason for the hype, surreal overreaction, is much more sinister than simple market research.

However, fear not...our community sanctioned think tank that meets every afternoon at the bowling alley bar is in full "research" mode.

Most of us are seniors, so if we don't get sick and die, we will publish our findings on a 3x5 card tacked behind the bar.
edit on 10-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I personally bet that the corona panic is the reason to handle the masses during the coming financial crisis. 2008 flaws weren't fixed, but were just hidden by enlarging the problem a lot bigger then it was. Now, time is up and you don't have enough fuctional illusions left to pump money out of. And as educated people, they have read of revolutions and they know what masses do to those in charge. So they need a reason to make everyone stay at home and they need the troops motivated to enforce it.
And now some are already testing the market to look for most efficient methods to profit on the coming crisis on.
edit on 10-3-2020 by eitea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eitea

I personally bet that the corona panic is the reason to handle the masses during the coming financial crisis. 2008 flaws weren't fixed, but were just hidden by enlarging the problem a lot bigger then it was. Now, time is up and you don't have enough fuctional illusions left to pump money out of. And as educated people, they have read of revolutions and they know what masses do to those in charge. So they need a reason to make everyone stay at home and they need the troops motivated to enforce it.
And now some are already testing the market to look for most efficient methods to profit on the coming crisis on.

Sounds totally American and favorable to the crony capitalists. That is the rosy scenario...I think the elections secretively have just been called off and they are priming us for something even bigger!!
edit on 10-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join