It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Has Come Up An Idea to Stop Spread of Coronavirus in the 'Houseless' Community

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT

He just texted me.

You're almost out of toilet paper.

I'd give him more...but he keeps selling the rolls on the street.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: IAMTAT

It's frustrating isn't it? And sad. I hope he finds what he needs to really make that change this time.

Thanks. It's what we do...look after our own.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psilocyborg
a reply to: ketsuko

If we had true compassion in this country, there wouldn't be a homeless problem.

What do you propose? Mental hospitals have been fazed out in the name of 'compassion'. Treatment centers are 'for profit'. Should we add millions, if not billions to the national debt by forcing addicts into a treatment program, even though it's proven to be useless for those not ready and determined to quit?

Solving the addict and mental health problems will require far more than 'true compassion'.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My local city government run by idiot dem mayors swept the homeless problem under the rug for years to cater and pander to the rich tourists from NYC and Connecticut while telling everyone there's no problem even though we all see it with our own eyes.

I literally saw a dude reach into his sweat pants, pull a wet messy deuce out and fling it into the stores stoop he was standing in front of, all while holding a bottle of vodka in his other hand. Literally flung his shat at the store.....I mean wtf....

I have a feeling they will continue to do this on the west coast and where I live, and I have the sneaky suspicion that these city governments want this to wipe out some of the population. It's messed up but I wouldn't put it past them.
They are also hiding covid 19 cases from us here. My fiance works at a hospital and each day she hears of more confirmed cases (5 yesterday apparently) while the city says 2 cases and they are under self quarantine. It's gonna be a # show both figuratively and literally.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

In California at least, it's a giant way to siphon money off the government. They don't effectively track which services are getting money to combat the problem and how the money is used. They also don't track who uses the system and how. They don't even have any kind of reliable census of the scope of their homeless population.

So they continually sign over more and more money, and it ... disappears.

Where it actually ends up is anyone's guess, but it's a good gravy train while you can ride because there is no system tracking how much good you're actually doing.

Other states that track how the homeless interact with the systems in place, how many there are, and where the money goes are far more successful in controlling their problems to various degrees.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not all. Just us old folks.

Too many Baby Boomers draining Social Security.

Especially those with per-existing conditions that are bankrupting the insurance companies.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains
There's a land that's fair and bright
Where the handouts grow on bushes
And you sleep out every night

Where the boxcars all are empty
And the sun shines every day
And the birds and the bees
And the cigarette trees
The lemonade springs
Where the bluebird sings
In the Big Rock Candy Mountains

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: ketsuko

Wow...I do a ton of business in Portland, and where this makes a nice "sound bite" for the Mayor and Gov. Kate (I dont care what the voters want, Ill pass it with the emergency clause)Brown...

It's not even within the realm of reality. I dont know what numbers frequent their shelters, but if the streets, parks, overpasses etc..are any indicator, theyre going to need to get "boots on the ground" so to speak.

Many of these folks are totally "off the reservation" too. Violent, or just utterly mad, so...great sentiment, but ni way in hell it works.

Truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join