It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got anxiety? DROP ENERGY DRINKS NOW!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Okay guys, so basically i suffer from extreme anxiety
i took therapy, and every kind of medication from sertraline to citolopram for it

All i found is they made me sluggish and gain weight and was always tired.

I work long shifts, and i would constantly buy energy drinks, it didnt help that the shop had a budget brand of them at 3 for 1 pound

In a long day at work, i would often have about 7 or 8 a day!
I am not kidding!

In the last week or so for whatever reason, mainly financial, i have not completly cut it out but gone from 3 at a time to one at a time,
and have never had more than one or two a day
most days none at all

My overall energy drink intake for the last week has gone down 95 per cent!

I am feeling so much lighter, less bloated, clearer mind, more energetic!
My anxiety is massively decreased, im less on edge.

I know to be honest cuting out energy drinks 100 per cent is ideal, but to go from so many a day, to one a day, or most days none a day at all, is in itself a huge step forward (its hard to go from 100 to 0 just like that)

But the point im making is by massively cutting out energy drinks , after just a week, its changing my life

I would strongly suggest to anybody with anxiety or tiredness - CUT OUT ENERGY DRINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention all the health benefits of not having the junk ingredients

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The fact that people drink those things has always been a shock to me.

Garbage in a can.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Coffee is a kind of energy drink right? I stopped drinking coffee 5 days ago or so, out of the blue. At the outset, I had a headache, irritability, low energy, and a couple intense episodes of depression. The past couple days I've had brief dizzy spells. My skin looks healthier and I've saved an entire $10 on coffee. Hehe early retirement here I come...
edit on 3/10/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

If you have anxiety.

You shouldn't be drinking stimulants.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Caffeine can seriously effect anxiety and energy drinks usually contain somewhere between 200 and 325 mg of caffeine per can.

By way of comparison a 20 ounce bottle of soda has something more like 50 mg. A cup of coffee averages around 100 mg.

Everyone has their own body chemistry and not all caffeine is created equally. There are variations in how it's digested from thing to thing.

In my case I can drink iced tea without any noticeable issues. I can tolerate a soda or two before it begins to effect my anxiety. If I'm engaging in an uncommon amount of physical activity a single energy drink doesn't have too much of a negative effect.. But coffee, for some reason... A single cup and I'm in a panic attack for two full days.

The point of all that random and subjective info - I relate to the need for caffeine but offer that if you experiment a bit you can probably find a caffeine delivery mechanism that doesn't have the negative effects or at least minimizes them.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Not just energy drinks, but all stimulants such as coffee, etc.

I was advised to quit caffeine before even considering therapy, medications and such.

I did quit caffeine briefly last year and felt great without it. Might try coming off it again!
edit on 1032020 by Churchhousecreeper because: Didn't make sense

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
Okay guys, so basically i suffer from extreme anxiety
i took therapy, and every kind of medication from sertraline to citolopram for it

All i found is they made me sluggish and gain weight and was always tired.

I work long shifts, and i would constantly buy energy drinks, it didnt help that the shop had a budget brand of them at 3 for 1 pound

In a long day at work, i would often have about 7 or 8 a day!
I am not kidding!

In the last week or so for whatever reason, mainly financial, i have not completly cut it out but gone from 3 at a time to one at a time,
and have never had more than one or two a day
most days none at all

My overall energy drink intake for the last week has gone down 95 per cent!

I am feeling so much lighter, less bloated, clearer mind, more energetic!
My anxiety is massively decreased, im less on edge.

I know to be honest cuting out energy drinks 100 per cent is ideal, but to go from so many a day, to one a day, or most days none a day at all, is in itself a huge step forward (its hard to go from 100 to 0 just like that)

But the point im making is by massively cutting out energy drinks , after just a week, its changing my life

I would strongly suggest to anybody with anxiety or tiredness - CUT OUT ENERGY DRINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention all the health benefits of not having the junk ingredients

That's why I don't trust many psychiatrists. The first thing they ever want to do is put a person on medication.

Among the therapists that ascribed to mindfulness and actually addressing the causes of anxiety and depression the first thing they wouod ask me is how many caffeinated drinks do I consume on a daily basis. At the time Ibwas drinking a but ton of energy drinks.

I was drinking probably a little less than what you stated, and when I drank coffee it was straight espresso. I'm talking a full thermos of espresso.

I cut that out, and I noticed an almost immediate increase in my health condition both physical and mental. I was able to sleep properly, I felt more rested, and my digestive problems got A LOT better.

My anxiety and depression didn't turn around as quickly, but after a few months of making small goals for myself I did begin to feel better about myself, and I no longer suffer from high levels of anxiety or depression.

So, yeah. I knew drinking that many energy drinks wasn't good for me, but it surprises me that anyone thinks they aren't unhealthy. I know many people who slam multiple Bangs a day and actually think they are being healthy.

I'm glad you're making progress with it. Keep at it, you'll get there eventually. Remember it's not a race. Just takensmall steps, and set small goals to meet. Before you know it, you'll look back and realize you've come a long way.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I never buy those energy drinks, I just have coffee when I need a little perk, with maybe two teaspoons of sugar, 30 calories, and a dash of milk in it. They are too expensive for what you get from them. I see people buying a couple of the drinks or shots everytime I go into Holiday Gas station, they evidently are popular, but a waste of money I feel. I would rather get a can of Arizona green tea, those calm you. Green tea works on the receptors of the cells to clear them off so our bodies natural endocanabinoids can attach to them and calm us and reduce pain. But green tea tastes like crap and the Arizona green tea tastes pretty good. Fifty cents for a big can too.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Good lord, that's a crazy amount of energy drinks you were drinking! I'd have anxiety worrying about how many days I'd live for at that amount of intake!

I do find it funny that there are people who drink pop who think energy drinks are terrible. I have myself a 12 oz Red Bull every day - not the best thing, of course, but much healthier than a can of Coca-Cola (corn syrup & phosporic acid.)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Coffee is a kind of energy drink right? I stopped drinking coffee 5 days ago or so, out of the blue. At the outset, I had a headache, irritability, low energy, and a couple intense episodes of depression. The past couple days I've had brief dizzy spells. My skin looks healthier and I've saved an entire $10 on coffee. Hehe early retirement here I come...

YES - coffee which sounds so innocent and such a nice thing, has caffeine
too much caffeine has the reverse effect of what is intended to do, and will make you bloated, sluggish, and lethargic

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Good lord, that's a crazy amount of energy drinks you were drinking! I'd have anxiety worrying about how many days I'd live for at that amount of intake!

I do find it funny that there are people who drink pop who think energy drinks are terrible. I have myself a 12 oz Red Bull every day - not the best thing, of course, but much healthier than a can of Coca-Cola (corn syrup & phosporic acid.)

im not kidding, i would buy one before work
during work id buy 3 and then another 3

then when i go home id have a couple of cans of pepsi max and yet another energy drink

its a miracle my heart didnt burst

but is it any suprise i was always tense and on edge

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If you value your health, mental and physical, stop drinking energy drinks.
I did them at a low rate for just a year or so and it started to ruin my health. Gave me urinary issues, etc. I quit em and I'm fine now.
Should be illegal.

It's not just the caffeine, it's the combination of all the garbage they cram into those cans.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Is it OK to drink Monster Energy Drinks if you wash it down with some Jägermeister? Asking for a friend, actually several.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Everyone has their own body chemistry and not all caffeine is created equally. There are variations in how it's digested from thing to thing.

I just want to confirm what you are saying above. I do not get anxiety from Caffeine. I can drink high amount of energy drink and soda without issue but drinking coffee or tea upset my stomach. I get extreme hangovers for very little beer but do not get the same hangovers from for instance Jägermeister.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
All of this started because of the culture around coffee, it's like alcohol. Then energy drinks come along; coffee really messes my stomach up, but they go down easy because I've been conditioned on soda.

Energy drinks are messed up and incredibly addictive. I have been drinking them for a while and trying to stop but you get in a sleep debt cycle. Drink too much caffeine, stay up late, be tired, compensate with caffeine, don't sleep properly, be tired, drink caffeine, etc... It's easy to drink one every day.

I managed to break the cycle by acknowledging that it's two different addictions, sugar and caffeine. I started drinking a sugarless drink called Redline and switched to that with a fruit in the morning. Redline is more concentrated than a Monster or Rockstar and is twice as strong. It sounds like a bad idea but it's better than 2 Monsters a day. There is a gauge to see how much you are drinking and it comes in a resealable bottle.

That worked for a while and then what I did was I used the gauge to effectively ween myself down to half, then a quarter, then around ~40mg of caffeine a day then none at all. One day VPX (Redline) came out with "Bang" energy drinks which comes in a can and contains massive amounts of caffeine and creatine and other strange chemicals. I caved and tried one of those after an all nighter and was back on the full cycle again overnight.

I wish it was easier for me to stop, but I had stopped for a while. It's a tax and I miss not feeling tired all the time. It's just like: miss one night of sleep? Boom right in the cycle. This is a real conspiracy against us and the youth. It's not "relatively benign" by any means. We're pushed pretty hard to make sleep a second class citizen to work. I can feel it taking a toll on my body.
edit on 11-3-2020 by Attentionwandered because: **

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Attentionwandered

I wish it was easier for me to stop, but I had stopped for a while. It's a tax and I miss not feeling tired all the time.

If you are in a negative fight or flight zone then your body can get very sensitive to light and sound making sleep even harder. It is a negative downward circle.

For me meditation and sound manipulation videos on youtube puts my body into a very relaxed state.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ive now had just three energy drinks in 9 days
in my peak i would have 7 or 8 in ONE DAY ALONE
its totally changed me, i feel lighter, more focused, and less anxious!

top topics

join