It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with DJT - an analogy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

My 2004 Mustang is orange. The specific color is Competition Orange...

Still around 80,000. Although I am thinking of getting something else. 16 years is a lot to ask for out of an American car anymore, especially since so little is made in America.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Too many worship trump and are unable to acknowledge his flaws. Like saying something wacky on twitter or pretending to know everything.

In today's politics, Trump is either satan himself or a swamp clearing savior sent from God.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Don’t know, I’m only here for the cool cars, hot babes and the beer.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I don't know what city you live in, but seriously- what's with the failure to strap down gear and crap in the back of pick-ups? Been hit twice since I moved to the area, and I hate it. Once with some serious HVAC pieces, and the dude didn't even stop.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666

I hear you, and I acknowledge your point. It still doesn't change the fact that the President is often his own worst enemy, and that he is piled on by the media, etc.

Both can be true statements.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Yeah, I really don't understand it. I mean, I tried to stay objective for all 4 of my CICs, yet I cannot remember the vitriol being this bad from both sides, ever.

On a side note- after reading more into Andrew Jackson's duel (and his use of early 19th century twitter), I cannot separate these two historical figures- him and our current president.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And we are almost out of beer...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The man wrote the art of the deal. He has developed a style that has served him all his life and has done well. Why change now?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Because, nuance?

Look, I don't treat my wife like my Soldiers, just because my leadership style has (mostly) always gotten the mission done. Same with my kids.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hey, look! A flag!

I guess I'm not the only one on this crazy train after all. Good thing, this was starting to look like it was going to be a long quarantine.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I bet Trump has not driven a car in years.

As the bumper sticker says
You are not my husband so get off my ass!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That’s a pretty good analogy.

Though I wouldn’t expect it to be well received around here. I’ll add to it that the driver of the Kia has bolted a Mercedes Benz hood ornament on the front and everyone around you is screaming at you that it’s not a Kia, but in fact a great American made car..

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
To ThouArtGod, DBCowboy and AugustusMasonicus, thank you for being class ATS members with your engaging dialogue.

Understanding rather than being right.

Kudos.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This analogy would be apt if the Kia that was being a jerk and jumping in front of you knew - in-line with a few others on the highway - of a big problem up ahead, and was trying to both warn the person in front of him as well as to slow down traffic behind.

Having had CBs and various other radios while driving at times, I've often slowed down this very way, except just staying in the far right way, in advance of obstructions in the road.

In this analogy, the "highway" is our economy, and the "obstruction ahead" is our ridiculous amount of debt combined with the amount of people that are subscribing to the ideas of "modern monetary theory" (i.e. - Just drive faster through whatever obstruction it is. Sure, the first few cars/drivers will crash and die, but the rest will pummel through the obstruction in the "ideal" scenario.)

Too many conservatives have tried "staying in their lanes" and it's not only not working, it's detrimental: it looks like they're doing something...they're certainly saying righteous things that people agree with....but what's not happening are the actions that need to take place to slow the highway down before the giant fogged-out wreck ahead.

And then of course there's the group that wants to pretend that the crash ahead has actually formed a ramp they can propel everyone past the rest of the highway at faster speeds with.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

If you mock his tiny Kia, he will inform you that it is actually a high-performance engine under the hood.

Giggle giggle, titter titter.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This was always the inevitable danger of someone like Trump being president. He is completely incapable of behaving any other way. He is a malignant narcissist and they are slaves to the maintenance of their grandiose false image. This actually makes his behavior incredibly predictable because his motivations are always known. Thats why people like me and actual experts in the field of psychology have been ringing alarm bells for the past 3 years. There was never a chance that his presidency wasn't going to end in an absolute disaster. Its literally impossible to maintain himself in that position for 8 years and not completely self destruct and bring the country down with him.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Ummm... I reread my post, and although I can see where you got an assumed insinuation, I assure you my comment was both above the belt, and not intended to be sophomoric.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

While I respect your area of expertise, and an informed opinion, I openly ask you to submit one (just one) non- narcissist who maintains an elected position.

I’m not saying his behavior isn’t that of a narcissist, I’m just saying that he isn’t special in that regard. President Obama, et al., are all narcissists.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I apologize if my wording implied that I was apart of the experts, I am not formally educated on this topic at all but I have a lifetime fascination with figuring people out and I was the scapegoat in my family who are the blue print for right wing Christian Trump supporters. I spent lots of time trying to understand their minds as a kid and I have a very unique understanding of this entire Trump phenomenon because of this. I've had mental health professionals retweet my threads on twitter due to seeing my insights as a valuable contribution to the conversation if that means anything to you. If you read anything from any of the experts, they mirror a lot of the stuff I have written while missing some as well.

As to your question, narcissism is a scale and there also different types. Obama was a covert narcissists. These are usually very intelligent and calculating people. Trump is an overt malignant narcissist. Which means he is as high on the scale as you can be and nothing matters to him but maintaining his image. Nothing, not even his own life.

There has NEVER been a bigger narcissist in the history of the entire world than Trump and I can quantify this by a few simple facts. Narcissists run on what's called narcissistic supply. Basically attention and admiration. I'm vastly oversimplifying this but think of narcissists as addicts and n supply as their drug. The more drugs the addict uses the higher his tolerance and the more problematic maintaining his addiction becomes (and the "bigger" addict he is).

So the more attention and admiration a narcissist gets, the more he needs to at least maintain that same level of n supply to get his fix. Any decrease in his drug intake results in severe withdrawals. Due to the interconnectedness of the world, 24 hour news and smart phones with 5G internet, this is the first time in history that a single person could have constant attention paid to them all over the world and that attention could be maintained due to the instant nature of the 24 hour news cycle.

No one has ever been at the forefront of this many human beings minds in human history as Trump has been the past 3 years. The fact that he evokes intense reactions in both his supporters and detractors alike also lends to his need for n supply as any strong emotional reaction reassures him he exists and he has power. So if the more drugs an addict has to do to maintain their high is directly correlated to the concept of being a "bigger" addict, the same can be said for the narcissist. If that is the case, name me one single person in human history who had upwards of billions of people aware of his existence with the instant ability to stay updated on his every action while millions actually did pay attention to his every action?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And that's a thing about analogies ain't it. They are stories that take one frame of reference and attempt to compare them to another frame of reference. So while your frame did not intend the ''below the belt'' reference, still it was there from another frame of reference.

LIkewise, it is your frame of reference concerning Trump that has your mind broken as to why he doesn't let others do the driving while my frame of reference concerning Trump going, yep it makes all the sense in the world. He simply can't.

He is at war with the world. That war he fights is with anyone who does not believe he is as great as he thinks himself to be. Or at best, anyone who tells him he is not. And him being the ''kingpin'' of his own enterprises certainly must have a bunch of yes men around him at all times saying ''yes sir yes sir, whatever you say sir''.

And these yes men, could they be the ''best'' as he promised them to be? All the best contacts that would make his American-remake a success? I doubt it. How could any of them live up to the expectations of a megalomaniac self proclaimed genius with a big brain who knows more than the rest of us could imagine find anyone capable of what he can do himself. He can't. He MUST do it all himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join