It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucker Carlson Tells The Hard Truth & China Threatens To Ban Exports Of Drugs To The U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Oh

Dear god

China no send drugs

Oh god no

How will we Bayer with this

I suffer with mental health, the thought of running out of meds terrifies me 😟

There are suppliers in many other countries. Even if China was the main supplier of raw materials, there can be alternatives fairly quickly. China is good on threats, not so good on follow through.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
...the United States will fall into the hell of a new coronavirus epidemic."

We already are in a coronavirus epidemic, of fear mongering, and this twat Carlson is part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
While China does hold the leverage, if USA doesn't buy from them they have nothing and will spiral downwards instantly.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

At this point, I'm beginning to think China is using this as a trade war gambit more than actually being sick.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Listen to a MSM pundit on a bias news channel? No thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Listen to a MSM pundit on a bias news channel? No thanks.

You should give it a try. He is critical of the administration for downplaying the situation.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

They could. And then the US calls in the pre-WW2 debt that China owes the US. And you say, wait...It wasn’t Communist China then. And I remind you that Mao himself both acknowledged and accepted that debt that has never been repaid. Even using debt canceling, the US currency stockpile, gold on hand and relative currency values over time...China still owes the US.

Go Flying Tigers.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

This is such a no brainer.

I don't care if you are Red or Blue or Reptilian.

More proof that the elite don't give 2 f's about us!

...but, but, but....its cheaper to make them there.
we only set our profit margin at 1000%! What will we do?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

India is begging for this to happen. The solution is less than 3 months out.

Although I agree that we should demand these items be made within the US, China has almost no room to fight and the they lose in the long run. We built China, they will shoot them selves in the face and watch made in China become made in India before they know what hit them. Their economy was built around needing us.

We don’t need China long term for anything.
I would infinitely prefer buying things made in India, which I hope will become a close ally of the United States.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Maybe the US should re-issue greenbacks and retire USD, wiping out the debt record.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
If we boycotted China, wouldn't they call in our debt?

How? Explain the process whereby they 'call in our debt'.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Grabs tinfoil hat

So China releases Covid-19 to trade drugs in exchange for relief from the tariffs.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Oh no, so our opiate producing pharmaceutical plants will have to produce actual life saving drugs? How will we manage?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Might wake us up.

China isn’t our friend.

We should not be dependent on people that hate us.

America no longer manufactures anything.

We don’t want the mess. Time to rethink this.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have wondered why we haven't outlawed anything ingestible from China since it was proven they were making dog food with cement and plastic in it. The FDA tests less than 2% of imported food.
India has been proven to have quality issues in the drugs they manufacture too. With ingredients coming from China, that's understandable.
Drugs should be manufactured in the US, with strict quality control over all of the ingredients used, IMO. And there should be sever penalties for any company caught subverting quality; mandatory jail time in addition to monetary fines. Lives depend on it.

edit on 200000044America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: eta

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

Although I agree that we should demand these items be made within the US, China has almost no room to fight and the they lose in the long run. We built China, they will shoot them selves in the face and watch made in China become made in India before they know what hit them. Their economy was built around needing us.

I would infinitely prefer buying things made in India, which I hope will become a close ally of the United States.

Why? India gets the supplies they make drugs with from China. That is a huge problem. Your product can only be as good as the ingredients you use, and China is famous for providing inferior- and unsafe, even lethal ingredients- to countries they trade with.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Might wake us up.

China isn’t our friend.

We should not be dependent on people that hate us.

America no longer manufactures anything.

My friend owns a steel stamping business. He's been watching China take more and more of his work for the last 15 years. About 10 years ago he had T-shirts printed that said "A Country without Manufacturing HAS NO ECONOMY" written under a caricature of a tattered, beaten down Uncle Sam pulling a rickshaw with a smiling fat Chinese guy in it.
I wish he still had that graphic - I'd start printing those shirts again.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Sorry, does not work like that. You say America built China, sorry, but it works both ways. How many American companies rely on China to make their goods? Oh, and there economy was not built around only America, but the whole world. You think China only does business in America?

What do you think would happen if one day China decided not to do business with America? Will not happen, but if it did, America would struggle. Thousands of businesses will go under.

It goes both ways.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

We need to remember we started cheap labor in Japan, then Korea, then China...time to move on...

Got the whole big continent of South America to still exploit. We've been keeping it in our back pocket. Might be time to kick start it.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Sorry, does not work like that. You say America built China, sorry, but it works both ways. How many American companies rely on China to make their goods? Oh, and there economy was not built around only America, but the whole world. You think China only does business in America?

What do you think would happen if one day China decided not to do business with America? Will not happen, but if it did, America would struggle. Thousands of businesses will go under.

It goes both ways.

China makes cheap crap. I'd pay double for most of my amenities if they were made in America. Then maybe we could address the wage gap (between CEOs and their subordinates).
edit on 10-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join