It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody watching Carnivale on HBO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I keep catching an episode here and there and am sooo confused -- please explain what you feel is going on...... I'm hoping it will come out on DVD so I can catch it all.

jm

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I see 12 people have looked at this and since no one replied I am guessing you are all as confused as I am :bnghd:--- so how come I want to torture myself and watch the whole thing - do I really think I will understand it any better? Hopefully the next couple of shows will make things clear as they are the last ones of the year.

jm

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I watch carnivale religiously(no pun intended)...If you are catching it, say, now, then you will be completely lost...If you caught like Episode 1, Season 1 and then saw Episode 4 Season 2, you are probably lost. I can tell you what has happened thus far, but I need to know where you are at in the show. Season 1 DVD has been out since 12/7/2004

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I didn't catch most of the first season at all - just maybe 1 or 2 and not the initial -- and have caught the past month or so -- now wishing I had seen it all. I haven't seen the DVD yet -- will have to look for it -- do you think my local blockbuster will have it or do I have to buy it.

jm

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Not sure...Buying it would be expensive($74.99)..Just checked Blockbuster.com and they carry it online at least....
It's a really good show..I would highly recommend catching it from the beginning, because even if some eps are slow, Season 2 is totally worth the wait!!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'll have to check out my local rental place (in town) to see if they have it -- have a membership there -- if not I may have to go a few towns over to blockbuster to get it from there.

I get that the minister is evil and Scudder was evil -- but why did the minister cut Scudders head off -- just to get rid of him or did he get power from it -- does that mean the kid is evil and just doesn't know it?? And the girl working for the minister (sorry about no names -- no coffee in me yet) now is actually his daughter by a rape of her mother?? Does the minister know -- the sister remembered it right??

ARRGGHH --- I just know you are going to say I have to watch it to understand -- please give me those answers at least. pretty please

Heck it's even confusing to ask questions of

jm

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Brother Justin cut Scudder's head off to take his power(called "The Passing") The only way he could take it is by surprise or if he gave it freely. I think the kid(Ben Hawkins) is good, not evil. The sister knows about Sophie but I don't think Justin does

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Someone referred to Sophie as "The Alpha" what does that mean???

thanks
jm

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Omega..In reference to the Alpha and the Omega...meaning The End...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So what did you think of the season finale??

Can you explain the tree tattoo and the running thru the corn field flash back significance? What I got was a possiblity of going back to a Cain and Able original good vs evil type of connection? And did Sophie inherit the evil because of being his daughter when he died?

Anything else you can help with would be greatly appreciated -- don't worry about spoilers for me -- I'm just sooo confused -- and I will still look for the first season on DVD

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
HATED the finale....Sucks that Jonesy died. The tree tattoo was a refence to season 1. Ben kept seeing that in his visions("The Usher") and he kept seeing the tree tattoo chasing him thru the cornfields, so that's what that reference is.
As for Sophie, the best I can come up with is Justin told her it was time to choose him or the Carnivale, and throughout the season she kept hearing "Every Prophet In Her House"....Then when she was captured, the ghost of her mom told her "This is your house". I can only assume that means that she was on Brother Justin's side.
I thought it was cool that the whole Carnivale now respected Ben Hawkins and wanted to help and I really loved the part where he was healing everyone in the tent using BJ's power.....
But leaving it like the whole field of flowers is dying because she is supposedly reviving Justin is Bullcrap!!! We wait 2 seasons to watch Ben hunt Justin and finally kill him, just to have him be resurrected AND have a sidekick that is just as powerful, if not more than him? That sucks!!!

Any other questions?
Craig

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yeah Jonesy dying sucked big time -- Also I was hoping that when Ben was healing the old minister using BJ's power that he (the old minister) would be the one to kill BJ. On Sophie I thought that the vision of BJ raping her mother and knowing she is his child sent her over the edge on the whole "This is your house" thing -- like it wasn't a choice to her anymore-- that "blood will tell" type of thought.

I really hope she isn't able to revive him but that is what I was thinking while the corn was dying also -- do they repeat the season or will the new season start soon do you know?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Carnivale has not been renewed yet. The creator wants 6 seasons total to tell the whole story, but HBO has yet to renew...Aintitcoolnews.com reports that HBO is unlikely to renew and the creator is already developing a comedy series for Showtime

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
NOOOO!!! Don't tell me that -- is there a letter writing campaign or anything?

Of course I would find a program at the end of it and get hooked -- it is just my luck. But letters have brought programs back in the past haven't they.......
:shk:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
HBO message boards has a Petition for Season 3 thread...it's like 82 pages long...You can go there and sign it.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I can tell I will be over there checking things out also -- will be able to hear what others think on the symbolism etc. also.

thanks again

new topics

top topics

join