It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW down 2000 pts.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
Whats the bottom going to be I guess 18000. What do you guess lets see who gets it right or closest. Be nice to know for investing.

We were at 18000 not too long ago (2016).. markets go up and down. A correction was being discussed for sometime, and our last one was back in 2008. Russia/OPEC controversy, plus coronavirus, plus media hysteria is going to do this.... Now, if you really wanna see something scary happen to the markets, just wait till the day if/when Bernie would take over... markets would tank to that man and his ridiculous policies..

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

I think that it will bottom at around the same level as it did in 2009, with the final days being full of total despair. But that's just my instinct guess. Depends on so many factors, like if they'll find a new illusion to plug the hole with or will the crisis lose enough public trust into the monetary system to create the large-scale reforms not just temporal bailouts. My advice would be to keep your eyes open and see how it goes and not get greedy and impatient.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Look for the FED to start bailouts again. I would imagine they would stop the crash and print a trillion dollars to prop it up again.

Of course, and because it will be done so quickly and without proper oversight, billions will end up just "lost" just like in 2008. "Oops, now where did I put that $5 billion? Oh, well, it will turn up." In a Cayman Islands bank account.

And people wonder why they have to work two jobs to make ends meet.
Politicians are criminals you elect to steal from you.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Bluntone22

When people panic I make money in the long run.

I actually just increased my biweekly deductions towards some stocks by 4% today.

Last week my hubby increased his 401(k) donations another 2% when all of his co-workers were freaking out and stopping their donations. We realize it may seem like a loss short term but long term we will be able to buy more shares and benefit when it climbs again.

We should have done so sooner when he got his raise but eh...we were side tracked. Better a little late than never. Not saying everyone should increase their investments but definitely do not recommend allowing you to impulsively stop from momentary fear especially if you are not going to retire at this time.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

That's why the dems are freaking out about the Burn.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'll just put this up and retire for cocktails.. .

rough day all around.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I put all the 401k into bonds a week ago.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

The thing is that they can't just print money. They have to have some economic predictions to print out the money. They don't have to back it up with value created by present ecenomy, but they can print it from creating unrealistic economic predictions for the future. The game is that they have to make the public believe that there is value in something, and if they make the illusion seem real enough, then they can print it.
For instance my theory is that the crypto market was mainly created as an form of that illusion. A market that seems to hold a lot of wealth, but actually isn't solving a real economic problem. Just a lot of people believing that it will someday, somehow solve real economic problems and therefor can hold an illusion wealth in it.
You can print money as long as people believe that there is value in it, but people need to believe it. If the belief fails, then they need to make it real, and if the real economic outcomes won't be as optimistic as the belief in them, then the system will start to deflate of value.
edit on 9-3-2020 by eitea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eitea
I think Trump will do every thing he can to prop it up. So I don't see it as bad as 2009.

edit on 9-3-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Since it is mostly speculative I suspect it will be labeled a standard 10 percent correction nothing to see here tomorrow afternoon after a volatile morning and countermeasures taken to alleviate downward pressure. Tomorrow morning you may see it tap 23k but will close tomorrow around 23,600 and that will be bottom. Unless more dire news that could be construed as having a financial load on the economy. If it closes below 23k tomorrow look for the US to find favor in rolling Iran or n.korea.

Nothing like getting speculator's attention on defense spending to rescue the economy. Ask the last 3 presidents.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Inflation is only bad when you have a lot of money not properly invested.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
time to go shopping

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eitea
The thing is that they can't just print money. They have to have some economic predictions to print out the money.

No, they don't. They need an order from one of the Federal Reserve Banks to the Treasury to print new currency, however this new currency is only used to replace old and worn currency, the M1 level has pretty much remained unchanged for some time now.

You're confusing creating and selling more Treasury Bonds which we then buy from ourselves, which is Quantitative Easing.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think Trump will do every thing he can to prop it up. So I don't see it as bad as 2009.

I think this will be Trump's legacy. Disease and economic collapse. The irony is that it won't be a result of anything he did or didn't do. Nothing that the Democrats or anyone else can blame him for. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Sort of like President Crayons with Hurricane Katrina.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well, maybe, but I myself don't really believe in politicians. They are mostly just the entertaining front-men for certain interest groups. I myself see that the only solution is to clean the markets from illusionary value as much as possible, and then create more conservative rules in printing money by childishly hopeful economic predictions. Possible even start to routinely test leading financial figures of coc aine traces, so they won't fall into their drug induced euphoria while making economic predictions

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You are correct.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I think he's going to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I think he's going to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

I suppose it's possible. It sure would be something to see.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Printing currency meaning wasn't used directly here, not by printing actual cash, but by printing more money into the monetary system. The general rule for the central banks is to keep stable inflation, but stable inflation can't be the only rule that overcomes other rules. If you print out too much money to keep the stable inflation, but that money is based on unrealistic expectations, then you're gonna have a bad time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join