It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfamiliar Realities and Jumping Universes and Immortality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I occasionally read stories on the Internet about people who for whatever reason find themselves in what they generally describe as alternate realities. They sometimes go through traumatic events, and sometimes they just wake up and find that their lives have strangely altered in small but noticeable ways. People they worked with for years are no longer at the offices where they worked, and nobody remembers those people. Pets that were dead or alive are now the opposite. Buildings in their towns are gone or replaced, and so on. It's like they somehow jumped into a slightly different universe that they feel is not right.

It sounds like a psychological condition, of course. Something has gone haywire with their brain's ability to recognize familiar things so they're having to cobble together a reality in their heads that tries to fill in the blanks with memories, perhaps sometimes imaginary memories.

But I've also read an interesting idea that suggests that if there really are a huge number of parallel universes out there, and particularly universes where slightly alternate versions of ourselves live, then realistic dreams and visions and imaginings might be bits of these universes mixing in with the consciousness of this universe. Our reality is not monolithic and singular as it appears, but is more like a fog of probability where what we think is our real and only universe is actually more like a rough average of a lot of different universes. Like how a fly sees things. It has a lot of eyes, and each one detects something slightly different, but the brain of the fly puts all the pieces together and that's what it uses as a basis for reality.

Then there's another idea that posits that the reason we're all alive right now (I think I can safely say that) is that in some universes - even what we think is our primary universe - we frequently end up dead due to diseases and accidents and other random occurrences, but when that happens, we just slightly shift our consciousness away from that universe, shut it down, and concentrate on living in another cluster of universes where we're still alive.

Slightly shift that black dot below (our primary consciousness) to another spot in the cloud (multiverse) where we're still alive.

Almost everyone has a story about how they narrowly escaped death in a car crash or fire, some kind of attack, a battle in war, or how they once got so sick they almost died, but against all odds got better. Well, what if you actually didn't? What if you did die, at least in that particular universe, but in your mind it was a narrow escape, "you got lucky," or maybe you have no explanation for it. In that universe you died, but your consciousness kind of shifted into a different primary universe and kept living.

I was thinking that in some ways that might be why some people surprisingly find themselves in slightly altered realities. They died, or had to refocus themselves into another universe but it was too much of jump not to notice, or there just wasn't a nearby universe close enough to the old one that the differences couldn't be ignored.

It might also suggest that we're immortal and don't even know it. If every time we "die" we shift our consciousness to a nearby area of the universe cloud where we're not dead, then maybe it's possible that we'll keep doing that forever. And sometimes we'll wake up from a universe jump and we'll find ourselves in strange realities and it will freak us out at first, but our old ones will quickly fade like lost dreams. Other people will seem to die, but that would just be them jumping to a universe we don't share.

Anyway, I thought it was an entertaining notion. I've always liked those time-slip, alternate reality stories. So much of the "paranormal" seems to rest on our perceptions and awareness, but paranormal just means we haven't figured out a reasonable explanation yet.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Nice post. You have given me a lot to think about. Back in the summer 1969 I had a very near death experience. My mother said I had a very hard time adjusting, after I got out of the hospital. It was even said that I had memory problems due to lack of oxygen during the CPR. Certainly my grades suffered and something just just wasn’t right with friends on my baseball team. I thought I played short stop before the accident. My friends said I was the catcher.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Then there's another idea that posits that the reason we're all alive right now (I think I can safely say that) is that in some universes - even what we think is our primary universe - we frequently end up dead due to diseases and accidents and other random occurrences, but when that happens, we just slightly shift our consciousness away from that universe, shut it down, and concentrate on living in another cluster of universes where we're still alive.

I side with that idea , back in 1992 I was involved in a road accident and sustained a serious head injury which could have killed me if it weren't for the hospital treatment I received , or perhaps did kill me in that reality and I came round in this reality thanks to the hospital treatment I received in this reality.

I've pondered multiple Universes and the implication of repeated realities in those multiple Universes for a number of years , I have no evidence for my belief just a feeling that this reality is not the reality I started in.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I believe there is a lot to be said about the potential reality of parallel worlds ala the Many Worlds Theory. Some of the accounts are really interesting, and the fact is, the mathematics of quantum mechanics supports the idea. However, I take issue with the "Mandala Effect" stuff. It seems to me that is a way to shirk responsibility for being wrong. It has ALWAYS been "Berenstain" Certainly "stein" is a more common and intuitive spelling, making it easy to mis-remember, but that is no excuse to claim the entire word has changed but you have not. Occam's Razor" The simplest explanation is most likely the correct one, and you mis-remembering is clearly the simplest explanation. But beyond that, it is a fascinating subject.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I believe there is a lot to be said about the potential reality of parallel worlds ala the Many Worlds Theory. Some of the accounts are really interesting, and the fact is, the mathematics of quantum mechanics supports the idea. However, I take issue with the "Mandala Effect" stuff. It seems to me that is a way to shirk responsibility for being wrong. It has ALWAYS been "Berenstain" Certainly "stein" is a more common and intuitive spelling, making it easy to mis-remember, but that is no excuse to claim the entire word has changed but you have not. Occam's Razor" The simplest explanation is most likely the correct one, and you mis-remembering is clearly the simplest explanation. But beyond that, it is a fascinating subject.

Most of the stories I've read that have a kind of reality-shifting component to them are more personal than something like the Mandela Effect, which I see as social. They talk about the overall feeling of the new or displaced reality as not being quite right and point out people or objects or happenings that they were personally aware of being changed. I read one last night where after someone had shifted universes they asked about their grandfather's dog, which they remembered specifically, including the name. But the grandfather and the rest of the family said he never had a dog. In another story, a woman post-shift found out that she was still with her old boyfriend, even long after she remembered dumping him and getting a new boyfriend, who is now just an acquaintance. Personal stuff.

Of course that makes it essentially impossible to prove that something like a reality shift happen, and there's no leftover record of the previous reality. But the stories are compelling and entertaining, if nothing else.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread!

I like these kinds of stories too - do you have any links to where you read them?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
Thank you for this thread!

I like these kinds of stories too - do you have any links to where you read them?

You can try here. I don't know what you think of Reddit, but there are some good stories there occasionally. I just usually watch the YouTube videos so I don't have to sort through all the junk.
www.reddit.com...

But a lot of these are not compiled anywhere, they just show up as individual odd stories. Time-slip stories, for instance. The Man from Taureg. I don't know if there's a place where a lot of them have been collected. There's kind of no real good place to put them, I suppose. Two posters above have indicated similar or at least related experiences. So who really knows how common this experience actually is?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Have been thinking about this too for a couple of weeks now,

This one kid for example, i used to hang out with him as a kid, then he moved, fast forward ten years, i saw him and talked with him a bit, he denied ever knowing me and claimed he did not live in the area.

Fast forward another ten years i found an old photo, my mom took a picture of us, by chance, saw him again showed him the photo, he admitted being that person, but here is the funny thing..

Now its me, that does not believe he is the person he claims to be, we met this last time because a mutual friend.. But damn it, even though he thinks he is in that photo.. its not the same guy.. Thats not him.

You know those dreams that you are for example falling to your death? What if when we die in this world, you wake up in the next world, in your bed and be all like, man i had this crazy dream about another life and was writing some weird (SNIP) on to a conspiracy site then BAM a car hit me and i died.

Sometimes i dream that i have a friend that does not exist in this world, or being married to someone else, they feel so real, then they just fade away in an hour after i have woken up.

I do not have any children, but once i had a dream that i had a daughter, i remember still how i felt, was quite sad when i woke up.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The problem and frustration with these kinds of tales is that they cannot be proven in any conventional sense. Maybe that's the point, that they cannot be proven and will remain personal. 25 years ago my wife jumped off a bridge. Her body was never found. I have recurring dreams that she is back, that it is my current reality that is the dream, and that such a thing never happened. When I am in the dream, I cannot tell the difference, i.e.: That reality is as real as the one I'm in now. It doesn't take a genius to figure out all the psychology there, but it is very unsettling, luckily occurring less and less as the years wear on.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The problem and frustration with these kinds of tales is that they cannot be proven in any conventional sense.

Yeah. I'm not even sure how you would test it, unless somebody gained some kind of technical knowledge in one reality that they took with them into the new reality where they would have had no way to acquire that knowledge. I've read about people who know directions or recognize people or find things stored away where they wouldn't have known about them. But again, that's all just statements without proof and with another possible explanation such as faulty memory.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I think your avatar sums it up quite nicely. We are something under a microscope.

Do you think the "reaching" part of something so small that grows until it makes contact or dies is similar to where we are going "from" our ball of dirt or how it is developing? Starts with a satellite, then a rocket, then more satellites, then a space station....ever expanding. Searching, reaching out for ANYTHING.

To ultimately become bigger than the snowflake on your sleeve containing a world in a snowflake on a sleeve in a world in a snowflake on a sleeve.... I love Dr Seuss.

Big or small, I love this reality that contains so many possibilities. Possibilities that we are DESTINED to consider without ever needing to or understanding the real MAGIC.

I thought myself back to a singularity the other day by regressing to my birth. Freaked myself a bit, but not in a scary way.

Then I did the opposite and thought of myself as a tiny itty bitty part of a singularity by imagining the biggest scheme of things.

We can never fully understand any purpose we may have, but it's the ride that is important.

Bon Voyage mes amis.

Full circle in the inevitable.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This subject really interest me, and has done for many years now. I believe psychadelics has a huge role to play, most people just do not know it yet.

I am not telling people to go out there and take psychedelics, but the stories you hear, tells me that we see a very small part of reality, but there is so much more.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Time travlers messting things up?
so they can make things beter for them!

and to discredit people and to make they look stupid.
they now use a term to make them look silly.
The mandela effect !

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And if the person you are explaining this too thinks you are just having bad dreams you can tell them its because you went to China and got your head caught in a rice picker as a child. I hate when that happens..
edit on 9-3-2020 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There is no such thing as multiple universes. It's a paradox; if two universe ever did manage to come into existence thy would immediately collapse back into each other. The very term "multiple universes" implies a coexistence, and as such, each would exist as part of a structure which contains all the others.

Well that structure actually is THE universe and each of the "multiple universes" actually resides in this structure as different, realities, possibilities, eventualities.

As far as shifting between them whatever weterm them, well sure I think this could achieve an immortal like effect; although, I'm pretty sure it still ends with death of old age. And I can't imagine it would be simply for no purpose that the timelines would shift. In fact this very occurrence would imply that something is expected of the person that was saved.

I think Monty Oum said it best. "For it is only in passing, that we gain immortality."

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
There is no such thing as multiple universes. It's a paradox; if two universe ever did manage to come into existence thy would immediately collapse back into each other. The very term "multiple universes" implies a coexistence, and as such, each would exist as part of a structure which contains all the others.

Well that structure actually is THE universe and each of the "multiple universes" actually resides in this structure as different, realities, possibilities, eventualities.

As far as shifting between them whatever weterm them, well sure I think this could achieve an immortal like effect; although, I'm pretty sure it still ends with death of old age. And I can't imagine it would be simply for no purpose that the timelines would shift. In fact this very occurrence would imply that something is expected of the person that was saved.

I think Monty Oum said it best. "For it is only in passing, that we gain immortality."

I get what you are saying here, but I believe, though not fact, that conciousness may not be part of the brain, that concioussness is much bigger, and older than that.

This is where people have many opinions. Is consciousness the universe experiencing life? Is conciousness transferred into some other existance, and dimension?

I find it all fascinating!

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I think someone has taken a few too many Sci-Fi shows and/or pseudoscience documentaries too seriously concerning the subject of the multiverse. Thinking about or discussing the multiverse has about as much usefulness as discussing La La Land.

Even some philosophers are ready to admit to a Principle of Nonsense in their field. Thomas Hobbs once wrote that one of man’s distinctive abilities was “the privilege of absurdity to which no living creature is subject, but man only. And, of men, those are of all most subject to it that profess philosophy.” But, strangely, many people prefer nonsense to truth.

Including scientists who are talking about supposed evidence for a multiverse in a rather convoluted, elaborate and beguiling manner (trying to impress people with technical jargon and the type of beguiling pseudoscience presented in so-called "M-theory" and "String Theory", meant to impress people with their supposed knowledge and intelligence; both of which do not classify as a "scientific theory" as that term is defined in the Encyclopedia of Scientific Principles, Laws, and Theories; it's just a marketing ploy to use that label for these unsupported philosophies/ideas and more unsupported philosophies/ideas that build upon them causing one myth to lead to another).

Hence the warning at 2 Timothy 4:3,4 is very prudent/apt/astute/fitting for these times:

For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.* [KJV: “myths”]

“Knowledge” is a synonym for the word “science”, which comes from the Latin “scientia” which means... “knowledge”. Essentially, knowledge/science means familiarity with facts/truths/realities/certainties acquired by personal experience, observation, or study. Knowledge (Greek: gnoʹsis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.*’” (1Ti 6:20) (* KJV: “science”) I.e. these philosophies and views are pseudoscience.

Another apt warning related to this:

“Look out that no one takes you captive* [Or “carries you off as his prey.”] by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;” (Col 2:8)

Some people prey on the minds of others, trying to captivate their attention and admiration for profit. Some scientists have made quite a career out of it, never contributing a factual/certain/conclusive discovery to the sciences (the various fields of knowledge/science). Neurotic speculation and talking about things that tickle people's ears, intrigues, entertains and pleases them (satisfies their desires of wanting to have deeper insight or seeming smart, intellectual), is often more profitable (and gets you more positive attention). Whereas if you speak against this behaviour, you get the type of reaction Jay-Morris gives below, basically boiling down to, 'oh, you're just so completely closed minded'.

My mind is quite open to truth, real science/knowledge, knowledge of realities/facts, especially the knowledge concerning this behaviour, unlike those who do not want to deal with this reality and/or reflect on their own behaviour in this regards (do not want to put up with it as 2 Tim 4:3,4 puts it). So, who's really closed minded (to this type of knowledge) then? Who really doesn't want to deal with the reality of the situation? Who really doesn't want to hear out Sir Roger Penrose's expert opinion about M-theory, String Theory and the multiverse but instead makes this about me not being a physicist and therefore trying to discredit whatever I say about the subject even when experts agree or say almost the same thing?
edit on 11-3-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
I think someone has taken a few too many Sci-Fi shows and/or pseudoscience documentaries too seriously concerning the subject of the multiverse. Thinking about or discussing the multiverse has about as much usefulness as discussing La La Land.

Even some philosophers are ready to admit to a Principle of Nonsense in their field. Thomas Hobbs once wrote that one of man’s distinctive abilities was “the privilege of absurdity to which no living creature is subject, but man only. And, of men, those are of all most subject to it that profess philosophy.” But, strangely, many people prefer nonsense to truth.

Including scientists who are talking about supposed evidence for a multiverse in a rather convoluted, elaborate and beguiling manner (trying to impress people with technical jargon and the type of beguiling pseudoscience presented in so-called "M-theory" and "String Theory", meant to impress people with their supposed knowledge and intelligence; both of which do not classify as a "scientific theory" as that term is defined in the Encyclopedia of Scientific Principles, Laws, and Theories; it's just a marketing ploy to use that label for these unsupported philosophies/ideas).

Sorry, but what you wrote I completly disagree with, and you too it off by saying it's just a marketing ploy I really do not understand why some peopke look at this sith a completly closed mind. It reminds me of debates with religous people, who do not care what you throw at them, there minds never sway.

You talk as if you know it's all a lot of rubbish. Are you a physicist? Do you have evidence that proves they are all wrong, and this should not researched?

Absolutly nothing wrong eith thinking outside the box. That is what pretty much got us where we are today. The theory might turn out to be wrong, it might turn out to be right. I do not know, and you certainly do not know.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Nice, it's this kind of supposition that makes this life interesting, so many layers were unaware of...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
...I really do not understand why some peopke look at this sith a completly closed mind. ...

See my signature. Some people today are like sponges; they soak up whatever they come across. It is all too easy to absorb whatever is around us.

But it is far better for each individual personally to choose what he will feed his mind. It is said that we are what we eat, and this can apply to food for both the body and the mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join