It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jussie Smollett Rejected By Illinois Supreme Court In Bid To Halt New Indictments...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Poor poor Juicy, he just can't get anyone to believe him.... /sarc

UPDATE: The Illinois Supreme Court rejected former Empire actor Jussie Smollett’s request to throw out charges against him.

In addition to that, the court rejected Smollett’s bid to remove the special prosecutor in the case. The decisions were announced on Friday.

EARLIER: Almost two weeks after being newly indicted on felony charges arising from the alleged fake hate crime attack of January 2019, Jussie Smollett was back in court today, in more ways than one.

Full title and link: Jussie Smollett Rejected By Illinois Supreme Court In Bid To Halt New Indictments Over Fake Hate Crime – Update

But why? Why are they rejecting his impassioned plea?

“The circumstances surrounding the initial case in 2019 did not reach the legal level warranting the appointment of a special prosecutor,” lawyer William J. Quinlan and long-time Smollett attorney Tina Glandian stated in the paperwork. “Under the terms of the law, in order to appoint a special prosecutor, the office (of Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx) had to file a former recusal with the court,” the motion added, “and that didn’t occur here.”

Oh, so his buddy (Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx) didn't make it possible for him to fight back it seems. Oooops, I guess she was covering her own butt more than you Juicy.

I certainly hope this loser gets what is coming to him for stoking the hate machine for his own perceived gain.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Poor poor Juicy, he just can't get anyone to believe him.... /sarc

This is a shame, it will only prevent more actors from France coming here to work.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I believe ya Juicy!

I mean who aint been out in -16 degree weather lookin to score a 12" double meat sammich.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

"That's when the men approached you? Did you see them? What were they wearing? MAGA hats!? MAGA hats in Chicago!?"

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm very interested in how this plays out. And I expect there's far more to this than meets the (public) eye, mostly because in the big Chicago picture, Jussie is no one... nothing... a mere blip on that radar. I suspect there is some kind of power struggle or something else going on among the Chicago critters.

I don't like Chicago authorities negotiating and making a deal with a citizen only for it to be later turned on its head. If an improper deal was made by the proper authorities, then that deal needs to be honored, and the problem is with the authorities who made the deal. Not the citizen given the deal.

Moreover, I have no reason to trust Chicago PD or the other government officials involved. Exactly the opposite. Chicago is infamous for its corruption and criminal complicity. So I very much hope that this isn't handled behind closed doors, but actually goes to trial... a complete public trial, with all evidence and testimony on full public display. At this point, the actions of authorities is just as suspect as the actions of the defendant. All the way to the very tippy top:

Chicago Police Chief Eddie Johnson fired after 'series of ethical lapses,' mayor says

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Johnson "was intentionally dishonest with me" following an incident in October.

So, yeah, apparently the police Chief has a problem telling the truth...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Justice for jucy!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Funniest Chapelle bit since his SNL election night skit.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I believe Jussie beat off 2 men before, it just wasn't that night...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think the already 'served' public humiliation, likely end of his acting career and a hefty fine is enough.
Don't think he deserves jail and I don't really think this should be getting much attention. Just another celebrity with an irrational hatred of Trump, but just took it too far.

What I am more interested in is the corrupt DA who tried to brush it under the carpet - and also who told her to do so.

edit on 9/3/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I think the already 'served' public humiliation, likely end of his acting career and a hefty fine is enough.
Don't think he deserves jail and I don't really think this should be getting much attention. Just another celebrity with an irrational hatred of Trump, but just took it too far.

What I am more interested in is the corrupt DA who tried to brush it under the carpet - and also who told her to do so.

Well, he committed felonies, so he should have to face the punishment for those crimes. Just like everyone else.

The public humiliation is a trade-off of being rich and famous and using it the way he did.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Well, he committed felonies, so he should have to face the punishment for those crimes. Just like everyone else.

The public humiliation is a trade-off of being rich and famous and using it the way he did.

Exactly! Had it been some regular guy on the street with TDS, I'm sure the DA and others on the left would hardly be bending the rules for him. Why should he be any different?

I thought, "Nobody is above the law"?

Isn't that what they have been decrying for months now???? At the highest levels?

edit on 3/9/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Funniest Chapelle bit since his SNL election night skit.

Needs to be posted again:

edit on 9-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
"Nobody is above the law"?

I'd like to see a compilation of all the leftovers screaming that, so we can use it in the very near future. Over, and over, and over again.

But for Juicy, I hope he sees the justice he to richly deserves. A public admittance would go a long way with me, but then, who am I?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Literally every time I see or hear his name, the monkey in my brain immediately switches to Dave Chappelle.

No-one beats the internet - Belief in Smollettes innocence is akin to believing Epstein DID kill himself.

It is written, it is done.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I like Jussie, I think he's great.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: lakenheath24

"That's when the men approached you? Did you see them? What were they wearing? MAGA hats!? MAGA hats in Chicago!?"

Find out where Kanye West was last night

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tjack

I’m glad you beat him to the punch.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So the fact that he tried to have two innocent people charged with federal felonies, which would lead to the complete destruction of their lives and likely those of their families, doesn't factor into things here? I will say that again, because it means that much. He was fully willing to completely destroy two peoples lives without ever having met them. Without any care in the world, other than about his career and fame. Seriously, that could've easily been you, or me, or our friends and families that was caught up in his lies. And for what? So he could get another 15 minutes of fame? Think on that for a moment, this is the man you think doesnt deserve jail time.

Personally I this douche needs to be made an example of! If for no other reason than to tell those who are willing to do such. That we aren't willing to play their game. That we take these types of crimes very seriously. And that the act of filing false claims of this magnitude DOES have consequences. Full stop!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge
So the fact that he tried to have two innocent people charged with federal felonies...

Let's not pretend we feel bad for those dimwit brothers who agreed to perpetrate this hoax for monetary remuneration from Juicy. All three need some 6x9 time.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I guess she was covering her own butt more than you Juicy.

Yep. It got to the point when the supreme court said to the state's attorney "put up or shut up" ...and she STFU! Because, well we all know why....DUH!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join