It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 6S racing drone - super agile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey all,

Its been a while. In recent weeks Ive decided to build a 6S racing drone. I challenged myself to build something quick, and nimble, for as cheap as I could. This build cost me roughly $230US. I think it came out great. Here's a few quick laps around my yard! I hope you enjoy.

Full build is in video description!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
Hey all,

Its been a while. In recent weeks Ive decided to build a 6S racing drone. I challenged myself to build something quick, and nimble, for as cheap as I could. This build cost me roughly $230US. I think it came out great. Here's a few quick laps around my yard! I hope you enjoy.

Full build is in video description!

I wish I had the time to learn how to fly those things...

I prefer to run my 1/8th scale RC cars on 6S. What kind of run time do you get? Is heat ever an issue?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

That thing's awesome, and probably my favourite video you've done yet!

(I still haven't picked up a charger for that RC paraglider yet, it's kind of out of sight out of mind lol)

Nice work Triton!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

All you needed was Bruce Campbell running from you through those trees.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
originally posted by: Edumakated

Once you have your tune dialed in, along with filter settings. A quick 20sec hover will be enough to check and see that your motors arent getting too hot. Warm is fine, but you dont want them hot. These come down luke warm. With a 1300mah 6S I get roughly 5min depending how much Im hammering on it. The flight time is comparable to a 1500mah 4S with a similar setup. Running higher kv motors ie. 2600kv.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Very cool! I always enjoy your vids.

May I ask how much it cost you to get everything you needed to fly?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Radio w/crossfire - 190$
Battery's - 30$ each
Lipo Charger - 110$
FPV goggles - 300$
FPV Antenna's - 55$
(Then price of the drone)

How I fly is 3+ years of flying hundreds of flights a year.

I also build all my own drones to save on price. I also learned to tune/configure it all on my own to support myself during the hobby.

I'm a electronic technician by trade, 2000+ logged hours (this helps with the building / repairing part)

There is a lot to it. The more popular it gets, the more the forums went from " Hey check out my new build " to " Can someone help me arm my drone "

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
originally posted by: Edumakated

Once you have your tune dialed in, along with filter settings. A quick 20sec hover will be enough to check and see that your motors arent getting too hot. Warm is fine, but you dont want them hot. These come down luke warm. With a 1300mah 6S I get roughly 5min depending how much Im hammering on it. The flight time is comparable to a 1500mah 4S with a similar setup. Running higher kv motors ie. 2600kv.

Yeah, in cars, the sanction that governs our races limits us to 4s in 8th scale racing. We mostly run 4s 5000mah with 1900 to 2200kv motors. Heat can be an issue on hot days or longer tracks in 10+ minutes of hard racing. Most of us prefer 6s setups with 1400kv motors and 6s 2200 packs but they aren''t legal for national racing.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, been wanting one for awhile now.

top topics

join