It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoVID19, from 8 days ago to now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I’m of the opinion that cruise ships should have been the first travel shut down. People coming from all over floating around together for a week and going back to their homes. On a good year they’re full of norovirus and respiratory illnesses. Sick ships happen all the time without coronavirus! I love cruising, don’t get me wrong. If we can’t be smart enough to shut that down then why bother. I know several people leaving on cruises soon, I have kids in two different schools and kids in both are cruising soon. They come back with it and then it works it’s way through Elementary and Middle school and how many homes? That’s just one example. There’s people everywhere going on cruises right now! It boggles my mind that the cruise lines haven’t shut that down.

I guess the almighty dollar reigns supreme.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Pretty dark man...and its just part of the game the slow work stuff. In a few months I'll be back to making good money and doing a job I love and take pride in...not often a person gets that in life.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I can’t post pics from my iPad on here. Not the right format. Wish I could show my January image of China not being as bad as Italy is right now. Imagine how bad N. America or the UK will be in a weeks time.

Point being we all found China’s stats quite shocking (over 5000 cases, 136 dead .... oh wow) it was new but it was over there. Now it’s here and spreading. One by one it made its way around the world.

It cannot be contained because people keep travelling and going to crowded places. “it’s just a flu” is dangerous thinking that affects the rest of us innocents who are not doing the above.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin
I agree and I think they’re selfish!
Shut these damn cruises down ASAP!
I have friends going to northern Italy, which they told me before the lockdown, I’ve not asked what they think now.

I have other fiends going to hot spots, one northern Italy, coming back “I’m not sick, off to work I go”

edit on 8-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

If you stay sequestered in fear at home then you have nothing to worry about. Remember the Mask of the Red Death? Honestly, though, if this was Ebola or Plague this might be scary, but this ain’t those.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: ValentineWiggin
I agree and I think they’re selfish!
Shut these damn cruises down ASAP!
I have friends going to northern Italy, which they told me before the lockdown, I’ve not asked what they think now.

I have other fiends going to hot spots, one northern Italy, coming back “I’m not sick, off to work I go”

I really don't understand what else people think will happen, our society is selfish, were taught to be selfish, were taught to care for our own and screw the rest, were capitalists, you do what you got to do to get ahead, and screw anyone that gets in the way...

We're due for blowback, i suspect were only seeing the beginning of this mess.
edit on 8-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The map from 8 days ago has at least one major omission.

It does not show any cases in Nebraska, even though there have been 19 patients there since the middle of February.

Thirteen people repatriated by the U.S. State Department from the Diamond Princess cruise ship were transported to the National Quarantine Unit, located within the Training, Simulation and Quarantine Center on the UNMC/Nebraska Medicine campus in Omaha on February 17, 2020.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Gothmog

If that is true then we will know by the end of April.

One way or the other.

I don't have an imagination like most folk

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

you said "Test and Treat all Americans "

Ok, you've tested positive -- whats the treatment ?

A shot of go home and wash you hands, don't talk to anyone and call us if gets worst.
If it gets worse then what? what are the treatments?
If the lungs are getting destroyed what are the long term implications?
Do you risk going out and getting it again?

Would be handy to have some answers.
What kills the virus?
On a surface Lysol alcohol.
In the body?

Is there something that can prevent the ACE-2 receptors from accepting the bug or damage its ace-2 nodes?

Does heat kill it - I.E Boiling contaminated Water/food? Coz I sure ain't dipping my steak in Lysol - brandy maybe.

If we breath the virus out, apparently Alcohol will kill it on a surface -- What strength ?
Would it better to have us breath out via our personnel breathing tube which bubbles out thru Lysol or alcohol filled bowl ?

Could we all walk around in scuba full face masks?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Shhhh quiet people don't like facts around here.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"Travel restrictions"? Sorry, but that won't cut it.

This virus is DEADLY and spreading like Wildfire!

Close all inbound traffic to the USA...planes...ships...rail, etc..

Test and Treat all Americans as fast as possible. MANDATORY Testing, or prison! No one can leave their home until its proven that they are CoronaVirus-free.

Keep the borders sealed tight until a vaccine is developed.

This virus must be taken SERIOUSLY!

Mandatory testing or prison?
You've lost your mind over this virus CWM. There is no way I want to live in a country that gives prison time for someone not willing to be poked and prodded. I'll take death.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
And is most likely to diminish by the end of April
Just like...
Every
Single
Time
Before

I bet if we ran a normal flu Mathematical Spread it would look about the same and actually is about the same. Since I live in WA I say bring it on, lets get this puppy over with, I got a mexico trip in May...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Test and Treat all Americans as fast as possible. MANDATORY Testing, or prison! No one can leave their home until its proven that they are CoronaVirus-free.
This virus must be taken SERIOUSLY!

Hell yeah brother!! Shut up and take my freedoms. Sieg Heil my man.

Over the GD sniffles.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Yes, we should panic and run in the streets. A new virus has spread PANIC I TELL YOU PANIC!!!

In other news, this novel virus will be spread like all others in the past. It's tendencies seem to be deadly to the elderly and medically compromised. So it seems if your a healthy individual under 70, you will be just fine.

This panic stuff isn't helping. Fear mongering leads people to commit irrational behavior, such as buying 6 months supply of water, tp, and sanitizer...

Just calm down and live your life, wash your hands a bit more, don't go on cruises, avoid mass transit unless you have to (bus, plane, boat, train)

By the way, just so you know, the common flu we catch every year has killed about 12,000x the amount of people corona has, that means every ONE person that has died from corona, 12,000 have died from flu.

Yep, lets get scared and panic.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It's too late , the time was 2 month ago ....if even then as since travellers fly from China to USA even before that...

I am furious on how the officials handle this in prevention level.....every official party seems to just repeat the " there is no medicines for this coronavirus " .

Well , look.....elderly people and many people who take medications have most likely higher vitamin D deficiency , some medications interact vith vitamin D metabolism lowering it down.

Vitamin D = needed for proper immunity , and also immunomodulation which in this case means modulation of cytokines/ inflammation down.

D should be the first medication allready to all risk groups, but i dont see it even being mentioed outside ATS universe.not to mention vitamin C , selenium, zinc, NAC .....

www.sciencedaily.com...

Vitamin D deficiency may increase the risk of coronavirus infection

Activated macrophages can convert 25(OH)D to 1,25(OH)2D. When the
macrophage produces 1,25(OH)2D, it instructs the cell to produce
cathelicidin which is a member of the defensin protein family whose purpose
is to kill infective agents such as tuberculosis.6,33 This led to the suggestionthat the reason why upper respiratory tract infections and infl uenza are most common during the winter is that that is the time when the 25(OH)D
levels are at their lowest. It has been reported that adults in the United
States with the highest blood levels of 25(OH)D had the lowest risk for
developing upper respiratory tract infections compared to adults with the
lowest blood levels.34 A study in postmenopausal women who received
2000 IU of vitamin  D/day indicated a risk of upper respiratory tract
infections reduced by 90 percent in one year

the vitamin D pandemic

Jeez....

edit on 9-3-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Nah... I'm good...
I like being able to work and pay bills...also like my freedom of travel should I want to. How bout you stay home and the rest of us will do what we will...be it stay home or venture out.

Dont worry, in a few months you won't have a choice.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Psilocyborg

It is without doubt too late. CDC say's watch the Walking Dead to prepare.

I haven't done that in years.

CDC Requests People Watch ‘The Walking Dead’ In Preparation of Coronavirus

Everyone please visit the link provided here by LookingAtMars. It has some very important and very helpful information.

Been a long time!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yikes, prison for possibly having the flu, have you enough space in those prisons in the USA?

world's prison population

you have the highest rate of incarceration with 737 in every 100,000 and a total of 2,193,798 in prison, land of the free and all that.

Thought your thread CDC Official Inciting CoronaVirus Panic is the Sister of Rod Rosenstein Who is Under Investigation asked why the people were druming up panic, now its you thats banging that drum.

Earlier today, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, an official in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), held a conference call with media and pushed a panic narrative around the Coronvirus that ran counter to the Trump administration.

Why would Rod Rosenstein's sister attempt to drum up panic?

edit on 9-3-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Shhhh quiet people don't like facts around here.

An RN I know says that Lovelace Hospital in Abq, just got it's first CoVID19 patient.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join