It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoVID19, from 8 days ago to now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Several countries have now begun to quarantine their people to prevent the spread of this virus. Italy comes to mind, and many countries are quarantining people coming from those high infected areas.

But more has to be done. Here is the J.H. CoVID19 map just 8 days ago of the USA.

We have 71 cases of CoVID19, and 1 casualty.

8 days later:

Over 500 infected and 21 dead in 8 days.

There are only a few states that remain uninfected.

We need to have the governors of all U.S. States restrict travel now. This is not permanent, but like other countries, travel restrictions must be tried.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Nah... I'm good...
I like being able to work and pay bills...also like my freedom of travel should I want to. How bout you stay home and the rest of us will do what we will...be it stay home or venture out.
edit on 8-3-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Cool brah. you mind picking me up a sixer of Corona while you're out? I can just vimeo you the money.
Oh, out of TP too, mind grabbing a roll or two?

edit on 8-3-2020 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Nah... I'm good...
I like being able to work and pay bills...also like my freedom of travel should I want to. How bout you stay home and the rest of us will do what we will...be it stay home or venture out.

Yeah, state to state travel restrictions because seniors in pockets are passing away is pretty overblown and would wreck the economy even further. Lots of angry business owners, corporations and the like. Republicans would be livid and the corporate moderate Democrats focused on getting Biden into office likewise. Their money is more important than saving lives unless large groups of Americans of all ages start to get it and spread it.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.pharmaceutical-technology.com...

It's most likely already a month too late.

Heh. 28 days later...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

I ain't no gopher...no one goes to the store for me except the wife if I talk to her right lol!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Containment is no longer possible.

We have to move on to mitigation. That means trying to prevent too many people from getting it all at one time which would be very, very, bad.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

I am a lighting tech for live events...there has been a massive wave of canceled shows and such which is really putting the squeeze on...espically since I just moved to a new city and am building clients again. Real hard for folks who already have clients here to keep in work much less an unknown new guy in the area with no local rep and clout.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

It is without doubt too late. CDC say's watch the Walking Dead to prepare.

I haven't done that in years.

CDC Requests People Watch ‘The Walking Dead’ In Preparation of Coronavirus

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Containment is no longer possible.

We have to move on to mitigation. That means trying to prevent too many people from getting it all at one time which would be very, very, bad.

OK, let's call it mitigation travel restrictions.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Considering most people don't need actual hospital care why does it matter? Unless you are an at risk person or part of a very unlucky percent who gets hit hard with life threatening symptoms all you are doing is wasting hospital resources anyway. You can usually treat symptoms at home just as much as a hospital can.
edit on 8-3-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Its so you are better prepared for your shopping excursions =P

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The problem comes in if it becomes widespread and 100m people are infected all at once. 5m people in sebere respiratory distress and only able to get a couple hundred thousand on supplemental oxygen, while we plunge into The Greatest Recession is the concern.

As a nation, we're taking a lower level of risk mitigation. Wash hands, avoid large gatherings, don't lick the handrails in Chinatown, and hope spring/summer come on fast before excrement hits the leaf blower. If it works out, we're in good shape. If it turns out to be a bad gamble, we'll rebuild in the aftermath. I have metal scrap ready to attach to my old leather jacket ready to go.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I don't think any of that will play out. I think people will get sick but most wouldn't even know it's this without all the media hype and a test. They'd just do their normal sick thing and get better. In fact it sounds like a few folks here already have. Doubt we will even see 10m infected at one time. And like you said summer is just around the corner and with warmer weather we will see a rapid decline in cases.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
And is most likely to diminish by the end of April
Just like...
Every
Single
Time
Before

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I pray you are right and that all the commotion is for nothing. I really honestly do.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

If that is true then we will know by the end of April.

One way or the other.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

I am a lighting tech for live events...there has been a massive wave of canceled shows and such which is really putting the squeeze on...espically since I just moved to a new city and am building clients again. Real hard for folks who already have clients here to keep in work much less an unknown new guy in the area with no local rep and clout.

Wow, sorry that your lighting biz is floundering.
Since common sense people are not going to live performances, and going to hospitals when they feel sick, that eliminates those two options.
Why not broaden your expectations to wakes and funerals?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
the way I'm seeing it is we are in much more danger of our economy collapsing because we now have a broken link in the supply chain.
twitter.com...

a lot of the goods we get in the USA have some kind of component or ingredient that is made in China. If their factories are shut down and can't get rolling for a couple more months we are going to see the economy grind to a halt.

www.zerohedge.com...

We could end up seeing bankruptcy's all over the world. This might be the start of the system collapse.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

"Travel restrictions"? Sorry, but that won't cut it.

This virus is DEADLY and spreading like Wildfire!

Close all inbound traffic to the USA...planes...ships...rail, etc..

Test and Treat all Americans as fast as possible. MANDATORY Testing, or prison! No one can leave their home until its proven that they are CoronaVirus-free.

Keep the borders sealed tight until a vaccine is developed.

This virus must be taken SERIOUSLY!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join