It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Rather admits US media failing to reveal the truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Actually I don't need Dan Rather to tell me the news we are getting from the top news outlets is watered down and promoting the war, heck I have seen it and knew it long before Rather made his departure or his statement. Have you not noticed that there are very few if any of our wounded getting interviews? You will very seldom see the shattered bodies of war or hear what the soldiers have to say unless its all about promoting the war. Have you heard about how many Iraqie civilians have been killed in this war? Have you seen any flag draped coffins on the news, you won't their banned. If you want the real news you had better look to the independent media.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Even if Dan Rather would start shooting in a bucket of fish , he would miss...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
yeah, this guy truly seems to have ruined all sense of honest journalism to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
what in the flying # is Dan Rathers talking about truth for!

What a #ing farce - this is the guy who got busted for LYING about military records of our president.

WORST POST EVER

I think maybe you should look deeper into the subject before posting such things. Its easier to make one person look like a liar when you have the top secrecy, most powerful figures in the country, at your side at all times.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy

Originally posted by American Mad Man
what in the flying # is Dan Rathers talking about truth for!

What a #ing farce - this is the guy who got busted for LYING about military records of our president.

WORST POST EVER

I think maybe you should look deeper into the subject before posting such things. Its easier to make one person look like a liar when you have the top secrecy, most powerful figures in the country, at your side at all times.

or maybe you should look deeper into things. Dan Rather did everything he could to RUSH this story...

WHY?

Because it hurt Bush.

He is the damn voice on the Kerry adds. He WANTED this lie to be true SOOOO badly, he sacraficed any kind of credibility he would have had otherwise.

The guy is a tool of the Democratic party, just as there are reporters who are tools of the Republican party.

What gets me is this guys nerve to start comparing himself to being tortured in Africa over reporting the truth when he has PROVEN he can't do that anyway.

<< 1   >>

join