It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 the Elderly and the At Risk

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Violater1

Well, they are numbers only.
We'll have to see what happens.
Hope for the best.....

And, isn't Phage in the West somewhere?

That's right.
I thought he was in Boston, but maybe your right.
Perhaps Seattle, or Portland.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I look at the statistics gathered, and the charts and look at the mortality rate figures and wonder. Is this going to take a whole lot of pensioners off the rolls? With a large portion of pensioners also no longer requiring long term health treatments I wonder about the impact of that on the system.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It’s not just the elderly. More and more there’s reports of people in their 40’s ending up in the icu.

Here’s one Story
Watch until the end, the one who recovered was 82
edit on 12-3-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Diabetes, respiratory illness, lung disease, heart disease, immune system diseases/immune disorder, or a weakened immune system all increase your chances not only of contracting COVID-19, but it is more deadly even if you are not part of the elderly.

People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Diabetes, respiratory illness, lung disease, heart disease, immune system diseases/immune disorder, or a weakened immune system all increase your chances not only of contracting COVID-19, but it is more deadly even if you are not part of the elderly.

People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19

From all of my reading I think this is right.

It’s not so much age specifically - age is just a reasonable way to assess probabilities/swaths of the population who might be higher risk as people who are older tend to be in worse health in general than younger people.

Even if CV19 goes “dormant” we already have examples of that - chicken pox for instance that could turn into shingles later. Not unprecedented.

I wouldn’t be surprised if 100mm+ people have it already. Which, if true, means this isn’t a big deal or we’d have millions of dead humans from this.

This isn’t the Andromeda Strain here people.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Also, who is more at risk,

I know cross posting is generally frowned upon, that being said, this is a very well informed individual who is working first hand on this particular virus and they answer what, "at risk," means:

I'm referring more towards transplant, cancer, immunodeficiency etc. Other high risk are lung, kidney, heart, and other chronic diseases like diabetes. Basically the body attempts to increase ACE2 binding which helps prevent oxidative and other damage to tissue in these conditions. ACE2 is the counterpart to ACE. Sort of like rest and digest versus fight or flight neurological responses.

For example it dilates blood vessels instead of constricting them. With more of these receptors there is an increased chance of deeper or systemic infection and that's when you get the honeycomb lung or possible systemic inflammatory responses that may crash blood pressure and make your vessels more permeable and leaky. It can also increase immune targeting of healthy tissue and cause hypersensitivity or septic/cytokine like symptoms.

post by TheAMMEDDDoc from the update thread.

Perhaps an invitation to this poster to do an AMA thread?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Violater1

Well, they are numbers only.
We'll have to see what happens.
Hope for the best.....

And, isn't Phage in the West somewhere?

That's right.
I thought he was in Boston, but maybe your right.
Perhaps Seattle, or Portland.

Hawai’i I thought?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join