It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America won’t test

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

South Korea is the size of Minnesota.

They have a much easier time logistically with testing due to the small area... But at the same time that population in a small area is what's causing the spread as well.

They really do seem to be working their butts off to get ahead of it...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Still no testing? We still dunno how many Americans, have been tested..

Ridiculous
edit on 9-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

The media is not reporting how many people have recovered either. There must be a lot of them since the virus only keeps a person sick for 5 to 10 days, and the number of people dying from it is not increasing rapidly at all.

edit on 3/9/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

🤷‍♂️ Seems pretty pathetic, the #1 country supposedly for a pandemic, can’t provide its citizens with IMPORTANT information other countries seem to be able to tell their citizens..

Ridiculous.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The tracking websites are good at showing how many people have contracted the virus. But that's about all they're good for.

In the meantime you have governors of these states declaring National emergencies so they can get Federal money, when there are very few people that have died there. California lost 72 people to the flu in the last 3 months. But hardly nobody to Coronavirus.

edit on 3/9/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

🤦‍♂️ Yesterday more people died from corona, in Italy, than the flu in the USA. Flu, is old news I am afraid, we need to keep an eye on the novel virus..

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

We will know if serious if Biden and Sanders begin canceling their campaign rallies. They are both at that prime age, with underlying health conditions, where coronavirus would send them to the critical care unit.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

True, true. I just want to keep track of it, besides I don’t want to get sick either. Even if I didn’t have a chance of dying.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Again, for an illness that is viral with no specific treatment protocol and no special features to it that demand anything special be done beyond treat its symptoms which are those in common with your garden variety cold or flu in mild cases and match up with viral pneumonia, ARDS and similar in severe to critical cases, why do *you* the sufferer of the disease need to know?

At this point, that information is more the protection of those caring for and those around you to keep them from getting ill.

Does the knowledge of which particular virus is giving you a cough and sore throat change how you feel or how you treat those? Not at all.

Does the knowledge of which particular virus is giving you that viral pneumonia change how the hospital is treating it? Not at all.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yep not getting sick, that was my point. Preferably I would like to know if I had corona, or the flu, since there are different symptoms. I normally GOTO my Dr. if I am sick with a fever for a few days also. Not providing data, for a pandemic outbreak is in a sense a little irresponsible for the people healthy, going outside everyday working, or going out in public, I would believe it’s a bit concerning for those of our older population or those with underlining conditions who this virus would effect most. They have no vaccine, like they do for the flu to help protect their health, so ya having that data is important...

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

But at this point, all it is is a data point. In real terms of treating this thing and handling how to be sick, it's not important at all.

I have a sore throat today, so I home right now instead of watching my son's practice. I'd rather be there. I suppose if there were a ready test, I could tell if I had it and then go if I didn't, but then I could spread whatever other virus this is around me.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yes dear, I just wish we had more data. I hear and understand you. Get well soon.

👍

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Why America won't test all 300+ million of us? Because their is 300+ million of us that's why. The resources required to do that would be akin to a 30 trillion dollars Medicare for all pipe dream.

Is it to hard to ask people to be responsible and go get tested if they think they are sick? Rather than implementing some authoritarian forced testing of the whole population.

Short answer, yes it is to hard. Why, you might ask. Because not everyone is legal or not a wanted criminal of some sort. That percentage that is, is the concerning part. They wont get tested even if they are sick because if they do they know they will get in trouble. And while they make up a small percentage of the population, it is still a significant percentage none the less. Because if even one of them has the virus it will be impossible to eradicate it entirely. Slow it sure, but it will hang around indefinitely as a result. Forcing the test has a better chance at stemming the tide, than asking people to be responsible.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I guess I don't see the point in testing. There is no cure and if you are feeling ill why would you go somewhere to find out you have or don't have the illness. Stay at home and deal with being sick. The last thing we need is for people that are sick to start going all over the place to see about getting tested and spreading the germs. All the test is going to tell you is yes you are sick, which you already know. To me it seems like the test is just for a status thing to say yes I have the virus feel sorry for me

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Pandemic Bond - only if WHO actually officially call it a pandemic, and only if other strict criteria are met, which they haven't done yet...

but yes, if conditions are met, then the insurance pays out, and investors lose big bucks. I think it's due to mature June/July this year...

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It is beginning to explode around the US, and the CDC is now saying there is a shortage of one of the needed ingredients to run the test.
Lack of testing has been one excuse after another since day one. Seattle wasn't allowed to do their own testing when it first hit, since they didn't have one of the ten CDC approved test labs. Then it became not enough test kits, and now it's a lack of one of the required ingredients to perform the test.
There comes a point when you begin to realize this HAS to be more than just total incompetence at the highest levels.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980
>Because their is 300+ million of us that's why

That makes no sense.
The scale of the rest of the country is in proportional to that, including factories that make test equipment.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR
a reply to: Deplorable

Pandemic Bond - only if WHO actually officially call it a pandemic, and only if other strict criteria are met, which they haven't done yet...

but yes, if conditions are met, then the insurance pays out, and investors lose big bucks. I think it's due to mature June/July this year...

Went off today.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join