It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America won’t test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

originally posted by: schuyler

a reply to: schuyler

No. Read your article and look at the date. Then go look at the Evergreen press memo dated 3.5.2020 and 3.6.2020...

You are behind the times. As of TODAY every single state lab is testing for the virus. Every. Single. One. Period. You are relating fake news. And you just admitted to spreading panic because of your political agenda. That's disgusting.

You are lying through your keyboard.

As of yesterday only 46 states even had offices to *do* the testing, let alone be up and running.

www.google.com...

here's the link from the CDCMap of states testing now for CoVid 19

Only Maine and West Virginia are in progress to getting set up to test all other states are already testing again per the CDC.
Scroll all the way down to check the map, BTW this is where you ought to get all your info if it isn't on here I'd seriously wonder about its legitimacy.

"As of TODAY every single state lab is testing for the virus."

Appreciate you validating him lying to the general public with baseless information. So we're at 48/50 now.

And I trust the CDC about as much as the WHO...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Why America won't test all 300+ million of us? Because their is 300+ million of us that's why. The resources required to do that would be akin to a 30 trillion dollars Medicare for all pipe dream.

Is it to hard to ask people to be responsible and go get tested if they think they are sick? Rather than implementing some authoritarian forced testing of the whole population.

The thing is, many people dont feel sick until after they have had the disease and had been spreading it around for a few weeks or longer.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

With an incubation of up to two weeks from exposure the reality of containment was never on the table.
They lost control from day one.
Some get sick within hours of exposure some takes days and days. That was true from the very beginning and many progeny of covid-19 left china on a slow boat.
Or flew here before it was a known threat.
There was never any hope of containment with that kind of incubation period.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Gotta wait for those $500m pandemic bonds to mature.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 8-3-2020 by Psilocyborg because: Weird link

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

a reply to: schuyler

No. Read your article and look at the date. Then go look at the Evergreen press memo dated 3.5.2020 and 3.6.2020...

You are behind the times. As of TODAY every single state lab is testing for the virus. Every. Single. One. Period. You are relating fake news. And you just admitted to spreading panic because of your political agenda. That's disgusting.

Citation required...

www.cdc.gov...

* Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020, with the exception of testing results for persons repatriated to the United States from Wuhan, China and Japan. State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.

† CDC is no longer reporting the number of persons under investigation (PUIs) that have been tested, as well as PUIs that have tested negative. Now that states are testing and reporting their own results, CDC’s numbers are not representative of all testing being done nationwide.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Of course it wouldn't be your personal priority if you had a sick child.
But others would and should make it theirs.
Knowing about all of the cases will give a more complete picture of what we are dealing with.
Studying only the most ill will only give results about the most ill. It wont tell us how the others use their antibodies to fight it and survive.
It's a skewed picture.
edit on 382020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

cheers.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Like I said... They aren't even testing sick patients in some places. Washington DOH just updated their webpage:

www.doh.wa.gov...

"In addition, people do not always need to be tested for clinical care purposes since there is currently no medication to treat COVID-19. Currently, anyone with a fever and cough should assume their illness could be COVID-19 and take steps to protect others in the community and household from the disease."

We aren't going to get the real numbers...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'm curious to know just how many people in the U.S that have actually been tested, although I suspect it's going to be tough to get any real numbers.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

I mean at this point thats good advice. Testing is pointless now...either be a hermit or risk it for the biscuit. Odds say you are really unlucky or know good and well any diseases such as this put you at major risk due to medical issues.

I was in an ER in Vegas today and honestly it was the best visit I've ever had...was for my wife but damn...like a ghost town. Was in and out in less than an hr. There was literally not even a single person in the waiting room! I actually wasn't even worried about Ncov 19 after I saw that.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Boadicea

Of course it wouldn't be your personal priority if you had a sick child.

Nor should it be my responsibility.

But others would and should make it theirs.

Yes.

Knowing about all of the cases will give a more complete picture of what we are dealing with.

Maybe... maybe not.

Studying only the most ill will only give results about the most ill.

Who would be the ones who need the professional medical care, therefore the ones who need to be studied and understood most.

It wont tell us how the others use their antibodies to fight it and survive.

Neither will diagnostic tests alone.

I'm not discounting your point. It's reasonable enough to want to understand how and why one person recovers just fine, one person develops complications but eventually recovers, and some who develop complications do not recover -- and to compare and contrast their particulars.

But we also need to prioritize our resources, and mandatory testing of every citizen has little immediate value, and certainly isn't worth the violation of rights.

It's a skewed picture.

It's an incomplete picture. The numbers we have available (well, not available to you and me, but to authorities) can also provide valuable information. If it is skewed, it is deliberate. The question then is who skewed it and why? To falsaly inflate numbers and inflame panic over what is basically a "severe cold" with the typical number of complications and fatalities among the typically vulnerable? Or is it minimize numbers to hide an inevitable pandemic that's going to kill millions?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Not many people have it

I fixed your statement for you.
Omitted the personal feelings.

edit on 3/8/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Source would be nice... ANYONE?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You have your priorities, I have mine.

Personally? I will never again vote for any of the Iraqi warmongers or their stooges/flunkies. Run a better candidate and I'm all in.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Mandatory testing would cause panic. Plus, testing is not a very good judge as we are seeing with this virus. There are those who test negative then die and those who test positive and seem to only be carriers.

Testing is not the worry. It is quarantine. Almost every single country in the world is cancelling schools or have quarantined zones.

What happens when a city has to be quarantined? How are the citizens going to react? There is a lot to consider.

To me it is not a matter of won't but can't at this point.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Posted above.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Posted above.

The source proving he lied?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I don't know anything about that side of the healthcare business but it certainly looks intentionally stubborn from here.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I don't know anything about that side of the healthcare business but it certainly looks intentionally stubborn from here.

Probably has to do with regulatory issues.

I know I'd want to know why we can't use the kits South Korea has. They seem to be working very well and very efficient if they've been able to test as many as they apparently have.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join