It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America won’t test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

They are testing all over the globe.
Our gov't. won't allow those tests to be used.
Stubborn or intentional???

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
If they don't test, the numbers don't go up and people don't panic.. might just be the best way to deal with the situation. Either that or go all totalitarian, which means the country and economy comes to a stand still.

Yeah, also people don't protect themselves as they should because they are oblivious to what is going on around them.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

See. That's how you maintain control of the number of cases.
You just don't count 'em.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This thing won't be contained now anyway, it's too late.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You guys need to stop calling this the flu.
It is not the flu.
And this is a different type of human corona virus in that generally it does not kill.
This one does.
I am not a fear monger but I believe I am seeing the opposite taking place here by trivializing the severity of this disease and it's potential.
Yes most people who get it will recover but I see a dangerous game evolving here where we ignore the problem and hope it goes away.
I hate to say what I think the reason for that is.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

Yes I saw this several times over the last few days.

Samples are being sent to Atlanta for testing.

Nothing like having Uncle Sam in charge of all of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Feeding the lemmings with “it’s just the flu” I don’t think is the most responsible course of action. I agree thou, perhaps not politicizing it left vs right, and not generalizing it to viruses like the common flu or cold would have been a better approach. “Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil” comes to mind at the moment currently with the pandemic in the states at the moment.

Yep just the simple fact some people are looking at the spread of this virus through political lenses tells us the people that do that aren't looking at this critically, I'm betting some even think they can pray this virus away.

Hopefully is does just miraculously go away, judging by how it's taking off in the rest of the world though it's highly unlikely that's going to happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JAY1980

If you test too many people, the mortality percentage plummets, like it did in South Korea. The US news media would hate to have that happen.

Because it’s the News Media calling the shots at the CDC...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Welp, anecdotally speaking more people died from covid19 today in Italy, Than the flu, in the entire USA Today.

I will just leave that here. Fixing to veg. Out on a flick.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

"I don't need my numbers going up for something that is not my fault."
Donald trump on the plight of the passengers of a cruise ship circling San Francisco bay with corona virus onboard with them.

The bold emphasizes where his priorities lie.

I heard him say this with my own ears.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

But without testing and tracking we won't know will we?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Whoa that's a big jump in deaths, the death rate has gone up another .1 % as well, not good...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They were hoping the cases resolved themselves fast enough that they could keep the numbers down by not testing the early cases.

Now that cases are exploding, they are too far behind to test adequately.

They've lost control on it. At this point it's a case study. We just need accurate tracking.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The fact is You are the problem. You are over-reacting and going crazy for no good reason

You're the one screaming and getting defensive.

No one is panicking but it's not wise to bury your head in the sand either. Not when lives are involved.
Sorry but trying to trivialize the situation is just as bad or worse than a few folks panicking and demanding to be tested.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes downplaying is just as dangerous as fear mongering

We need the truth anything else is not helping the situation

To many people trying to tell us what to think in both directions I dont trust any of it

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

No. Read your article and look at the date. Then go look at the Evergreen press memo dated 3.5.2020 and 3.6.2020...

You are behind the times. As of TODAY every single state lab is testing for the virus. Every. Single. One. Period. You are relating fake news. And you just admitted to spreading panic because of your political agenda. That's disgusting.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

No. Read your article and look at the date. Then go look at the Evergreen press memo dated 3.5.2020 and 3.6.2020...

You are behind the times. As of TODAY every single state lab is testing for the virus. Every. Single. One. Period. You are relating fake news. And you just admitted to spreading panic because of your political agenda. That's disgusting.

Citation required...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You are lying through your keyboard.

As of yesterday only 46 states even had offices to *do* the testing, let alone be up and running.

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You are lying through your keyboard.

As of yesterday only 46 states even had offices to *do* the testing, let alone be up and running.

www.google.com...

here's the link from the CDCMap of states testing now for CoVid 19

Only Maine and West Virginia are in progress to getting set up to test all other states are already testing again per the CDC.
Scroll all the way down to check the map, BTW this is where you ought to get all your info if it isn't on here I'd seriously wonder about its legitimacy.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Boadicea

How about to keep track of the way it spreads so we can learn more about it?

That could/would benefit society, but not necessarily the patient. And if my loved one -- especially my child -- is in critical condition, unless that test and diagnosis is going to make a difference in treatment and outcome, it's not going to be my priority. If it's part of the medical protocol -- and there is good reason for it to be -- I won't argue... I won't care. As long as my loved one's needs are being taken care of.

If my loved one does not need critical medical care, however, the hospital or any healthcare setting will be the last place I want my loved one to be -- for their benefit. That's where all the sickest people are. It's also the last place they should be -- for the benefit of the sickest patients who should be there and need that medical attention. At the point our medical resources are stretched that thin, anyone and everyone who can take care of themselves should take care of themselves.

I would think it's also the sickest patients who would benefit most from studying the sickest patients. And as long as that's being done, I don't see the point in stretching crucial medical resources even thinner for mass testing of dubious value to the vast majority of people (including patients).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join