It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America won’t test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Because the virus has already mutated at least once and possibly twice pending new testing.

If you just let it go without tracking it, it could easily (and quickly) mutate into something that makes the Spanish flu look like the common cold...

This isn't something we've had around for years to know how it acts...

The ignorance in the "ignore it and wait" mindset is astonishing...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

It might. Or it might mutate itself into something that makes it harder to infect people for some reason and die off before it can mutate its way out of the dead-end? Hope springs eternal!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Oh yessir absolutely.

Not trying to spread doom and gloom by saying it's going to mutate again, etc...

Just pointing out why testing for a new-to-planet-earth strain of virus is so important.

Because we don't know what we don't know...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So the Gates foundation is now dumping a ton of money into home test kits where you swab your nose and send it to their lab. They are expecting to have the kits ready in a few days.

Now here is where my NWO spidey senses start working..This could also dump everyone in a DNA data base... just saying.

edit on 8-3-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yeah I'm a hard pass on sending anything of mine/myself to an unknown lab that i don't know is legally bound into protecting my HIPAA privacy...

# that idea right off...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It’s not at all hyperbolic. Entities like the CDC aren’t independent anymore. Donald Trump has made sure of that by installing people that he can trust to be loyal to what he wants. Over everything else. Most of the time that’s their only real qualification.

Yeah, Democrats suck, but at least agencies like the CDC and EPA were independent and followed the science instead of the presidents wishes. What we have now is no different from how the health agencies in Russia and North Korea operate.

The first director of the CDC he appointed stepped down after she was found to be trading stock in tobacco companies. The current one is a Trump loyalist that once pushed the message that AIDS is a punishment from God on gay people.

He actually says this in a forward to a book:

It is time to reject the temptation of denial of the AIDS/HIV crisis; to reject false prophets who preach the quick-fix strategies of condoms and free needles;

Link

“Reject false prophets who preach the quick-fix strategies of condoms

This is who you are counting on for truthful information. Don’t let hate for Democrats make you naive.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo
a reply to: schuyler

Don't use the phrase "you lied." That insinuates pre-planned wrongdoing. That's #ing rude.

You lied. You SAID testing was not being done. I proved that it was RECENTLY. Why do you think testing has to be done "at a hospital" when in this case it was done at the Shoreline state-run facility designed for this sort of thing? And given that these tests have come back negative, why are you so keen on testing at all? What we have here is panicked people who cough once and rush into a facility demanding to be "tested." We don't have 350 million test kits available. Plus the current testing takes seven days for a result. Stanford has just developed a new test that takes a day, but it was just INVENTED, so it's going to take awhile to distribute.

Plus, as I stated, 80,000 people died of just plain old influenza two winters ago. As of the 7th of March there have been 17 (seventeen) deaths attributed to this virus. In the same period there have been exponentially more deaths in the US from the plain old flu. Yet you are whining about this.

The fact is You are the problem. You are over-reacting and going crazy for no good reason. If you happen to get the virus, stay home and drink a lot of Gatorade. There's over a 95% chance you will be fine.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

It’s not in the best interest of the government to test people. Any large reported outbreak will tank the stock market. And that’s what they’re protecting the most. Never forget that with this administration it’s politics over everything. Before you, me, or any of us.

It’s smarter politically if they play it down and make people think that it’s not a big deal. So most people stay home when they get sick and don’t go to the doctor and add to the numbers. They don’t care how many people it endangers. Just that they still have the artificially inflated stock market numbers to wave around.

If you care at all about your safety, you won’t take as truth what the President tells you on this. This is the man who had an economic advisor give a statement on the virus. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Meanwhile plenty of people here with lots of experience and knowledge have confirmed this isn't the hair on fire sky-screaming disaster that you want to make it out to be, because YOU are politics over everything.

Stop being a petty alarmist. Every post you make even remotely related to public health manages to damage your already near non-existent credibility.

As I said to another poster, don’t let your hate for Democrats make you naive. No one is saying that it’s a “hair on fire-screaming disaster”.

Just that this administration can’t be trusted because every agency is led by a person specifically installed because of their loyalty. All you have are assumptions and a naive faith in people who have every reason to lie to you.

That says more about your credibility than anything I ever could type about mine.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No. Read your article and look at the date. Then go look at the Evergreen press memo dated 3.5.2020 and 3.6.2020...

The time they announced no testing was after your article was published.

And no test results have come since.

Again. This isn't me giving you this information. I'm literally, like in writing literally not that hipster literally, giving you the press release and the news article that supports it existing before it was removed.

Argue with them. Not me. I'm just the messenger.

And yes. I AM hoping people panic into getting their asses prepared. I don't want them caught trying to when it actually matters.

I'm not spreading fear of the virus killing anyone... I've said that many times... I'm spreading awareness of what's going to happen because of people, not the virus...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Plus, as I stated, 80,000 people died of just plain old influenza two winters ago. As of the 7th of March there have been 17 (seventeen) deaths attributed to this virus. In the same period there have been exponentially more deaths in the US from the plain old flu. Yet you are whining about this.

The fact is You are the problem. You are over-reacting and going crazy for no good reason. If you happen to get the virus, stay home and drink a lot of Gatorade. There's over a 95% chance you will be fine.

And to add 14 of the 17 are from one nursing facility, so that is just bad luck that it made its way first into a care home of those already critically ill.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Now isent that just great

Who the # says things like that

I'm not anti trump but hiring those 2 is like getting a fox to guard the henhouse stupid

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Well since you brought up Seattle;
It's been going around in the media when they interview doctors and lab personnel that they had the test kits, but Inslee (that's the Governor) wouldn't allow them to test. Just last night a clinic official said that now that she was allowed to use the tests on more potential carriers, she's going to start testing.

It's was no secret when all this started that Inslee was going to try and hide as much about what was going on until he can make good political use of it. I personally believe that Pence said something to him during their meeting here a few days ago, that has made him rethink that position though.

Around the Sound we have a lot of Media that take their jobs seriously enough to push for answers even when they get death threats by people in power of groups that can/have enacted death on others. This is why the state couldn't stop the stories from from the Nursing Care Facility and Evergreen from getting exposed.

Here's a question:
If Washington State has a Governor that would throw the entire population under the bus for political reasons, how many other states have officials that will do the same?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
🤷‍♂️ I dunno man, countries quarantining millions of people, people fighting over toilet paper, cruise ships stuck in the water not being allowed to dock at ports. 🤷‍♂️ It seems we are living in 2 realities within the states our governments are saying it’s just the flu, stay home if you get sick it’s no big deal.

Don’t panic check. Don’t put my head in the sand check. I project the ivory tower elites will continue to say to us it’s just the flu.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

You know if they don't text then the number of cases won't go up.

That apparently is the primary concern. That those numbers don't go up.

Who cares if the infected go unidentified right? We need to keep the number of confirmed cases where they are right now.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

How about to keep track of the way it spreads so we can learn more about it?

Nah we don't need to know.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If they don't test, the numbers don't go up and people don't panic.. might just be the best way to deal with the situation. Either that or go all totalitarian, which means the country and economy comes to a stand still.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
🤷‍♂️ I dunno man, countries quarantining millions of people, people fighting over toilet paper, cruise ships stuck in the water not being allowed to dock at ports. 🤷‍♂️ It seems we are living in 2 realities within the states our governments are saying it’s just the flu, stay home if you get sick it’s no big deal.

Don’t panic check. Don’t put my head in the sand check. I project the ivory tower elites will continue to say to us it’s just the flu.

There's nothing else they can say, it's not like they're going to admit they don't have the capacity to test the population and it's embarrassing that the medical system is so unprepared and lacking.
edit on 8-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

If you test too many people, the mortality percentage plummets, like it did in South Korea. The US news media would hate to have that happen.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You are correct . There is a procedure in place if you think you have Covid19.
That procedure includes answering questions about travel and contact probabilities.
The kicker is it you answer correctly they come and pick you up to get tested and keep you out of the emergency room and I'm pretty sure I don't remember that ever happening before.
But it's all just par for the course say some.
Uh huh.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Feeding the lemmings with “it’s just the flu” I don’t think is the most responsible course of action. I agree thou, perhaps not politicizing it left vs right, and not generalizing it to viruses like the common flu or cold would have been a better approach. “Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil” comes to mind at the moment currently with the pandemic in the states at the moment.
edit on 8-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join