It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N19COVID : mortality rate vs recovery - an american " anomoly " ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Thunderheart

I like this section of Wordometers. It has a daily count for each country.

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Deplorable

If you haven't tested positive ... you didn't face CoViD-19.

and if you haven't tested positive, you can't say you faced it. it's just that plain and simple. no proof you did. could just had the flu it is the season.

I can't say you're wrong, but we took every precaution against the flu this year. When I finally got an appointment and saw my doc, I tested 'negative' for the flu and they told me I only had an upper respiratory infection.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: ignorant_ape

most of the deaths in the U.S. came out of Seattle from a single old folks home. as i said being old and confined in a old folks home does not seem to be a very safe place to hunker down from a virus that seems to target the old and sick, but what are they gonna do.

This along with there aren't enough known cases to make a valid judgment one way or another probably need 2000 or more

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Probably a sample bias, because only extremely sick people were being tested for months, and then only if you had known direct recent contact with China or travelers from there. We've still only tested a couple thousand people total. I would bet tens of thousands already have it in the US, and most have shrugged it off as the common cold or flu and already recovered.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
When you get old and frail, any virus or disease can trigger you to die. I do not think that they should consider compound diseases mortality on a particular virus. When you die of old age, it is because of a failing immune system or an over reaction. You can eat something that temporarily blocks your immune response and catch pneumonia. You can go out in the cold wet weather to go to the doctors office and wind up lowering your immunity and get pneumonia. Do you blame that on the trip to the doctors office or the pneumonia?

That is all considered dying of old age, all animals seem to have the same problem with this. The vaccines will only defer the death. Quality of life has to be considered, if I go to the Builders Show and catch a cold, and die, the real reason I died is because I went to the builders show and got sick. The illness does not matter, it could be one of many diseases, the majority of illnesses people die of around here are not caused by the flu that is covered by the flu vaccine, there are lots of other viruses and bacterias and funguses that kill people. All old people are going to die, most from illnesses.

I think that the fear mongering put out by the agencies overseeing this is flawed. Maybe these people who died from the flu were taking meds that suppressed their immune system or caused them to overreact with sepsis. CYA is what these health officials do quite often, They point their finger at a virus instead of pointing it at their practice of messing with people's immune systems instead of telling them to avoid certain foods. Bedside manner sucks.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The theorist in me wonders if this virus was created in a lab, maybe it could've been designed to attack its host in relation to their genes.

Ever see a world map of lactose intolerance?

Make a bug to thin out the milk drinkers.

Vegan activists maybe...

Oh god, this is 12 Monkeys all over again!
edit on 8-3-2020 by Psilocyborg because: poor vulnerable bruce willis

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Germany looks like they have their hospitals working better. 18 recovered 0 dead. Americans are complacent and lazy about following rules.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
13 of the American deaths are in one nursing home. I’m guessing you didn’t take that into account.

Also - France has 16 dead, 12 recovered.

more than that. today I read that 19 of the 22 US deaths are all from the same nursing home. I also heard on Friday on the radio that there's speculation the nursing home contracted the virus because a nurse at the Everett hospital the US first confirmed case was treated at has a side hustle working at that nursing home. Haven't found verification of it online, but it's been floated out there.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

In one word, obesity.

That's got to put a strain on the body.

Then there is age to consider.

How many of them are fat and/or old that have succumbed to the virus?
edit on 8-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Get your pneumonia vaccine.

Pneumonia has so far been found to affect 10% to 15% of patients hospitalised with coronavirus.

Getting Pneumonia co-morbid to the coronavirus is really going to put your life at risk.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join