It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco cares about their drug addicts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yes really - at least somebody thought they got it wrong:

San Francisco supervisor: drug overdose billboard sends wrong message

I keep wondering how bad things have to get before sanity returns. Probably never

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Crazy idea to care about people.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
If you think that's caring then you're doing it wrong.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Caring about people doesn't mean encouraging or normalizing their dysfunctional behavior.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think they have gone insane in California. I hate to say I know they have gone insane, because there are still some there that can be helped. I am talking about the ones running the place, not the addicts, the addicts may still have more common sense than those running the state.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hmm, I don't have a huge problem with the words..well, the general idea, the picture kinda rubs me wrong. It portrays to me the young/hip thing, like "its cool". I must concede though, there is probably lots of people just like that, who dabble.

I'm not a prude either, was an addict a few decades ago, I just think no picture would of been better..the message is just the truth..whether or not one agree's with drug use.
edit on 7-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

ETA I only agree with the "not using alone" aspect of the message.
edit on 7-3-2020 by vonclod because: afterthought

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think they have gone insane in California. I hate to say I know they have gone insane, because there are still some there that can be helped. I am talking about the ones running the place, not the addicts, the addicts may still have more common sense than those running the state.

Im in Cali

Not all of us.

I have many friends just like me

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: rickymouse

Im in Cali

Not all of us.

I have many friends just like me

But you are not running California, you do not have sayso as to what the cities or state heirchy are doing do you? I mentioned the people running the show there, not the regular people.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I keep wondering how bad things have to get before sanity returns. Probably never

I've been saying for a long time now that we live in a time when it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between reality and satire, this being an example. A few years ago, a billboard like this would have been the invention of a biting satirists. Today, it's reality.

Yeah, were pretty much hosed. It's all become a massive fuster cluck.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I've been saying for a long time now that we live in a time when it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between reality and satire, this being an example. A few years ago, a billboard like this would have been the invention of a biting satirists. Today, it's reality.

Yeah, were pretty much hosed. It's all become a massive fuster cluck.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Hosed is right!

This is one example of many on how our educational system and MSM are massive failures.

When the definition of a woman becomes hate speech?

But I am quite sure someone will come along with a masters in gender studies to tell us all that dysfunctional behavior is a social construct.......

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Actually I'm starting to think this is a pretty smart move. Shifting the blame for these idiots onto their friends. Sure, keep an eye on your bro while he shoots up -if he OD's when you're taking a piss or passed out oh well you were there for him right?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Crazy idea to care about people.

You're obviously heartbroken. Get out there and volunteer your time as nanny if you care so much. Earn that moral high ground.

edit on 8-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Caring about people doesn't mean encouraging or normalizing their dysfunctional behavior.

Just SAY NO !!!

That has worked wonders. I mean, just keep trying. It will eventually work. Won't it?

Harm minimisation is such a bad thing. Terrible idea. Good lord, whoever advocates it is a seething monster.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I keep wondering how bad things have to get before sanity returns.

I can't say I agree with the message being pushed on this billboard but I can't honestly remember a time when 'sanity' reigned.

And lets face it, past past drug policies/initiatives have done nothing but compound the problem.
A radical change in perspective is needed....but some people seem to have swallowed the moralistic, outdated preaching's that MSM and those who seek to control people's every action have spoon fed them.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don’t think the people in that picture saw that episode with Nancy Reagan on Diff’rent Strokes.

But that didn’t work out so well for Todd Bridges and Dana Plato and they were on it...

But if you look at the number of people that have been brought back by Narcan, the zombie apocalypse is already upon us and that billboard proves it.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

For real. What is up with that picture?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
People should be free to do what they want with their own bodies.
Even if we don t like what they do we should still care about them.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I wonder what behavior you have that I would label dysfunctional.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
People should be free to do what they want with their own bodies.
Even if we don t like what they do we should still care about them.

Sorry but you're never going to convince me that enabling is caring.

When I tell someone I care about to "Get help", I don't mean "Find someone to spot you while you get high". Big difference.
edit on 3 8 2020 by underpass61 because: added

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join