It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please. . . . Calm down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was going to say, "listen to the science," but this is America we are talking about and less than half the population gets the flu vaccine for a disease that kills 20K Americans each year, so that is probably too much to ask, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

I was going to say, "listen to the science," but this is America we are talking about and less than half the population gets the flu vaccine for a disease that kills 20K Americans each year, so that is probably too much to ask, unfortunately.

Holy hell, nice to see your name still on here and doing well Ozzy.

I think the main problem with the populace being so divided about this, is that the scientific info we are getting is different from almost every person they ask. Even the Potus and VP can't get on the same page.

For every WHO memo that goes out saying everything will be fine, there are an equal number of MDs and PhD level researchers saying it's going to be horrible.

I can't blame either side.

I just don't see how people refuse to be prepared in case...

Be well dude,

-YALT
edit on 8-3-2020 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

Yalt! You crazy bastard! Where have you been?

Everyone has their area of expertise. With due respect to the potus/vpotus -- their role is to manage the herd and limit worry/exaggerated market pressure due to panic buying/selling and price gouging. I try to get my advice from relevant professionals. No one is an expert at everything, right?

Damn, that hurts to admit.

Be well all!

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

100% agree. I just wish they wouldn't say anything at all (P/VP)... They are just making it worse by giving mixed information.

IMO, listen to the medical professionals on the ground on the front lines. They are who you can believe so far.

Anything else is conjecture made-up by numbers that can be skewed in any direction they please. We all know how statistics work.

Where have you been: Finishing another degree, lol.

And missing all the fun around here, apparently. Lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Finishing a degree? Good for you! That's awesome! I almost got a master's in data science a couple of years ago but found that level of granularity (1) made me crazy and (2) was unnecessary for science writing *about* data science. Plus, the crazy.

On the plus side, I did learn how to create a simple hashtag/keyword analyzer for Twitter and how to code relatively simple machine learning applications in Python.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am still thinking that 5G may be part of this.

There is the virus for sure, and there the EMF, but specially 5G super Hotspots ( kill zones )

For sure this corona virus do make people sick, like having flu . But being in area that is 5G super Hotspots , or possible very high 4G radiation field can maybe turn the flu and whole immune system to death spiral because it`s then combined factors together ...sort of putting your head to microwave oven and turn the power on ( patient then die to coronavirus )

I admit it`s a conspiracy theory
, and i am conspiracy theorist . TPTB want to reduce population . Wuhan might be the selected zone they roll up their systems....and release the corona virus on purpose then.

Tinfoil hat is usefull hmmm...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
People are retarded sheep. The fake news is encouraging them to panic, so they are panicking.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I just wish they wouldn't say anything at all (P/VP)

They are just trying to offset the MSM doing the exact opposite. Even Fox has people on saying it's the end of humanity as we know it.

Admittedly, they also have some saying it's no big deal... but it's human nature to believe the worst and most dramatic.

Preparation is a good thing. Caution is a good thing. If someone has a runny nose, don't lick it. The only problem I am having is that so many people are panicking so much, it's liable to turn into a self-fulfilling prophesy. It's a nasty bug that we don't know much about... but we're learning quickly and it will go the way of Ebola and SARS soon enough... IF we don't panic.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Oh dude nice! Coding is fun
I used to have my CCNP and did a lot of work on figuring out bootstrap injections on the 2600 series. Fun times lol.

At this point, I'm kicking it in the mountains overlooking 2 major cities and watching the cluster# start. Still expecting the situation to affect us a little, but hopefully we can avoid the majority of the craziness lol.

And quit sniffing my hashtags

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

How can this be a new Flu when it's not a regular Influenza virus. Please explain? This is a whole new thing, I agree. But it's no normal flu and no regular cold.

I'm not panicking but 2 months ago I began prepping, that is what adults do, protect your kids and wife and the people you love. Very calm and relaxed. I have everything in house for 1 month solitary live with my family. But I don't speak to anyone about it, not laying fear on anyone. People have to make their own decisions.

Yesterday I was in a traffic jam in front of the local gas station, I joked with the cashier if the gas was free today. She laughed and said it's never this busy. I said to her do you know why? She didn't. I bet the people waiting in there car to tank some gas knew.

A lot of shelves empty at the supermarket, toilet paper gone, canned veggies or fruits gone, soap gone, canned soup gone, water gone. It's telling me that I was ahead of the game and made a good decision to prep early.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toinski

How can this be a new Flu when it's not a regular Influenza virus. Please explain? This is a whole new thing, I agree. But it's no normal flu and no regular cold.

It's a new flu because it's it's not a regular influenza virus. You just answered your own question.

I'm not panicking but 2 months ago I began prepping, that is what adults do, protect your kids and wife and the people you love. Very calm and relaxed. I have everything in house for 1 month solitary live with my family. But I don't speak to anyone about it, not laying fear on anyone. People have to make their own decisions.

Yesterday I was in a traffic jam in front of the local gas station, I joked with the cashier if the gas was free today. She laughed and said it's never this busy. I said to her do you know why? She didn't. I bet the people waiting in there car to tank some gas knew.

A lot of shelves empty at the supermarket, toilet paper gone, canned veggies or fruits gone, soap gone, canned soup gone, water gone. It's telling me that I was ahead of the game and made a good decision to prep early.

*shrugs*

People are panicking.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I feel like a lot of you don't know there is an actual scientific difference between the two...

www.google.com...=true

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So it's new, we both agree. Not a flu and not a cold. A Corona Virus is not the Flu. It seems more related to a normal cold. But again it isn't a 'normal cold' what is it then?

Just wondering myself, not pissing on you in anyway. That might get you infected though lol

I love your thread, so kuddos to you.

Yes people are panicking, but I'm not. Stay calm, relax and enjoy the ride. This is a once a lifetime experience, I might well enjoy it. People are panicking about the media, the spread of this new thing. But what can I do. I just tell people which are near me, prep, keep in touch, stay close to your loved ones.

All the stuff I bought can be used if nothing happens, if nothing happens we will probably eat Nasi Goreng a few times this year
Some chicken sate with it

But I will not fail on protecting my family. They are my loved ones and I will take the necessary steps to achieve that.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When I was out yesterday I thought I'd do a bit of investigative investigating and what I noticed that was for two weekends or so, the dried beans have been nearly sold out at the local grocery. It would appear that folks, here anyway, are not fond of the five or seven bean mixes nor the lentils (I suppose too hoity-toity). Also, I can report that sugar and flour supplies appear stable. The powdered milk was all sold out. POWDERED MILK!!! Happy to report there is plenty of toilet paper (which is sort of concerning...?).

So, we stocked up on wine, lentils and pre cooked bacon. I would say that we are prepared not panicked and ready for the corona-apocalypse.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

I feel like a lot of you don't know there is an actual scientific difference between the two...

www.google.com...=true

I get the impression, of stubborn old timers. 😊. I mean that in the most nicest way. Yes thou reminds me of old stubborn old timers like my great grandpa back in the day who refused to ever GOTO a doctor.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yes, the influenza virus and the corona virus are two different viruses. They technically cause different diseases, but the symptoms are so similar as to be virtually the same illness in the end for all practical intents and purposes as far as the average person is concerned. You get the same symptoms; you treat them the same way. In the end, if you're stuck at home managing your own illness which most will be, it isn't going to matter a whole lot if they're caused by two different strains of virus.

That will only matter to medical professionals if you end up so severely ill that you need hospital care and support, and then at the moment, it only matters insofar as infectious disease protocol is concerned. They don't want you infecting others, but the disease processes are still going to be the same symptoms as other diseases. Viral pneumonia is viral pneumonia no matter what causes it. ARDS is ARDS no matter what causes it. Treatment will be the same.

And until they come up with specific anti-viral treatments for this beyond some randomized trials currently in the works on some drugs that may have specific anti-viral properties against this particular virus, the best they can do is the same support treatments they do with any patient who displays those symptoms.

edit on 8-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Y... Yo... You're not serious... You people actually don't know the difference in a coronavirus and an influenza virus...

... What the actual # happened to this site...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

You know what though?

For several years, we've noticed that powdered milk is never in great supply at our local grocery.

Despite the news of our first positive in this area, no one was shopping any different today. Beans and rice were in good supply. There was plenty of water on the shelves. There was a massive meat and seafood sale going on, so lots of people had lots of cryovacs in their carts, but the deals were really good, so I can't blame them. We were not immune to that action ourselves. There may be some extra meat in our chest freezer now because the prices were hard to ignore.

But no evidence of any panic shopping here. Lots of TP, lots of paper towels.

(post by XCrycek removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
God bless the OP of this thread... Million cheers from Portugal

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join