It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please. . . . Calm down

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

telling people to calm dow - does not work on :

A - women

B - the general pubic

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
All my numbers are accurate and come from the World Health Organization and from the Centers for Disease Control.

Either the WHO & the CDC are correct OR the whistle blowers I cited above are, I'm going with the ones who have the better track record, no rocket science needed BTW...

"The WHO’s declaration of a “false pandemic” is “one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century.” (PACE chairman epidemiologist Wolfgang Wodarg in Forbes, February 10, 2010)

edit on 3.8.2020 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

telling people to calm dow - does not work on :

A - women

B - the general pubic

C - calm people

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

D - scoucers

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=25000205]Murgatroid[/pos

Most studies are working on an r0 Of about 3 ?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Can we put the Wu-flu into perspective?

It is something serious. But like I stated in another thread, it's not an end-of-the-world serious.

We're nearing the end of the regular flu season.

A season where 18,000 people died WITH an available vaccine.

And no one bats an eye.

Hell, many threads on anti-vaccinations are on this site. I don't get the vaccine.

This is a novel virus. There is no vaccine.

So wash your hands, cough into your sleeve. If you're sick? Stay at home.

The last few days I've been working from home because I've caught a nasty cold and I work in a hospital so I didn't want to freak people out.

Now I'll be in work tomorrow to check on Power Charting and time change issues because of Daylight Savings Time, but I'm also feeling a little better.

This is the flu. A new flu, but the flu all the same.

I am not stockpiling on water, toilet paper, or rice and canned meat.

I did stock up on scotch, vodka, wine, and beer but that's because I'm an aging booze hound and it was a Friday.

I won't tell people not to stock up, but you're wasting a perfectly good worry on what (in my opinion) is a minor issue.

Let's all calm down, act like adults and carry on. Let's treat this seriously, but rationally.

Ah..."just a flu"

Except its not influenza at all. Its a coronavirus, so it would be more accurate to call it a cold. What it is, from what we know so far, is a virus which spreads much more readily than seasonal flu, and which has a mortality rate currently estimated to be 24x higher than "just flu."

Its not a big deal at all, as long as it doesn't spread too much. If it does, we could l be looking at 50m+ dead.
"Just a flu" - NO.
I aporeciate the efforts to contain, and hope it doesn't come to full lockdowns here.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Alien Abduct:

The flu -
Influenza has an R.0. Value of 1.3 (this means that for every person that gets infected they will infect 1.3 other people on average). At this infection rate the flu infects about 13% of the U.S. population every year killing about 14k people a year. This gives the flu a mortality rate of about .04%.

Covid-19 -
covid-19 has an R.0. Value of 4.7 - 6.6. It is projected to infect 60% - 80% of the population of the world. Even with the low-ball mortality rate of 3.4% we are looking at a death toll of 7,600,000 people in the United States alone. This is a far cry from the 14k people that will die from the flu.

This is why people are concerned. They have a damn good reason. This ain't no flu. This is the real deal folks, we are at the beginning stages of a pandemic and we should all be preparing just as the WHO and the CDC has asked us to do.

Oh you think so? You're funny. You do know that China is over the worst of it...don't you? There is that much misinformation and misdirection on this thing, you couldn't possibly 'know' the facts of it. The most concerning aspect of this alleged pandemic is the way governments and agencies have behaved towards it.

It's looking like the Covid-19 virus has a life cycle of 4 or 5 months. China won't even reach 25,000 deaths (if you believe the figures given out?), so far China's death toll is less than 4000, and fewer new cases are being reported each day. By August, we should see it reduced considerably globally, with mere trickles of new infections and deaths. You need to maintain a well-reasoned perspective. This has not been as bad as what we're being told it is, certainly not on the scale of the yearly flu.

Of course, when it all dies down (and it will), governments will pat themselves on the back and praise the agencies for all their splendid reactions, no matter how over-the-top they are/were. Hype really does control the actions of the sheep.

This is not to say that there are not things in the pipeline being prepared for us in the years to come, but this exercise in locking down areas globally really does groom the public and habituate them to unpalatable actions.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Can you give me the "Texican" version please? I'm not the smartest grape in the bunch you know...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Yep just business as usual ....

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You aren't the only coots who think its better to go from the Wu-Flu than to get Alzheimers….this is not the first time I have heard that EXACT STATEMENT from a boomer...it is my sincere hope that all the old coots don't keep on trucking and show a total disregard for pregnant women children and the plethora of others at high risk from this illness....or just go sit in a Bingo hall or Mall somewhere the rest of us are now avoiding in groups so you go quicker with far-off smiles on your faces as you remember things ok.
On the upside your hoard will be a welcome sight to whoever finds it when you eventually forget your way home...lol..

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I was calm until yesterday when NY became the second state to declare an emergency, the AHA stats came out (along with an estimate that all beds will be filled by May 8), and Italy even forbade weddings and funerals. Now....not feeling very calm about this, being 62 yo and immunosuppressed. I'll go back to being calm if no big outbreak occurs by June. Until then....waiting to see if I dodge this thing or not.

Infection is a bad way to die; I came within hours with a nosocomial MRSA infection in 2005. "May your death be swift" is something I'd consider a blessing of sorts. Infectious disease is Way Too Slow.

edit on 8-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I'm a mini prepper. Always be prepared. If something happens then great, I was ready. If nothing happens, then great I was ready just in case.
I don't know all there is to know about this virus, just what I read and I don't really know if even half of that is true. There is to much propaganda/bs out there. Thank you media.
I think you are on the right track stocking up on booze as it is a good bartering tool.
Time will tell, it always does.

Just found this. It has some swearing in it.

edit on 8-3-2020 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Let's all calm down, act like adults and carry on. Let's treat this seriously, but rationally.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here is what they are not telling you and not talking about on the news. The ports in California are usually FULL of shipments coming in the country. The week before last the ports were empty. They are usually hustling and bustling with ships and trucks dropping off and picking up containers but that week they turned into a ghost town. Not even a shop in port some days. In fact the ports were so dead that they closed on Friday and the following Monday and only opened partially some days last week. Trucks went to the port to drop stuff off but came back with empty containers last week. There will be a chain reaction to the lack of stuff coming into the country as well as the lack of work for all the truckers and port workers. I anticipate we will eventually feel the repercussions soon. No one knows what this week will be like but I can imagine its not going to get any better. They are probably not saying anything as to not cause panic.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
What the hell?! That is the craziest thing. This guy is right though the selfishness and greed will be our downfall. This is what worries me about supplies running out. It will be complete mayhem. People are way too reliant on convenience, stores, and way too self centered.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Every single person in this thread that isn't listening to the warning sirens are going to look back and remember how they had a chance, and how much of a head-in-the-sand cause to all of this you were.

Your complacency is legit the thing that is allowing this to spread. This disease spreading is just as much your all's fault for not taking this seriously as it is the WHO for their #ty response to it.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

You actually believe the news china is putting out??

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LenaB
Here is what they are not telling you and not talking about on the news. The ports in California are usually FULL of shipments coming in the country. The week before last the ports were empty. They are usually hustling and bustling with ships and trucks dropping off and picking up containers but that week they turned into a ghost town. Not even a shop in port some days. In fact the ports were so dead that they closed on Friday and the following Monday and only opened partially some days last week. Trucks went to the port to drop stuff off but came back with empty containers last week. There will be a chain reaction to the lack of stuff coming into the country as well as the lack of work for all the truckers and port workers. I anticipate we will eventually feel the repercussions soon. No one knows what this week will be like but I can imagine its not going to get any better. They are probably not saying anything as to not cause panic.

Sad, but so true. I should post all my links and you'll read what I've stayed away from saying, but a few times I mentioned one year and then 6 months. It really won't matter, if you live in a big city, it will only become a .... sorry I won't say.
Maybe the wall was to keep us from escaping ...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

We stocked up on waters, toilet paper, and paper towels. We're guilty of it. Ten cases of waters. Two bulk packs each of toilet paper and paper towels.

But not for any illness. We expected there to be a run on it once it started to take root in the US. Manufacturing is in a decline with China's slowdown and lessened demand.

Hurricane season is nearly upon us. We did it more for that, to get it done with and out of the way, more than anything.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join