It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Crazy Political Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So there something that I read recently that surprised me, the Democrats are running a contested primary, it looks like they will shut out Gabbard for the debates, and Bernie a long time ally will not support her, when she supported him in 2016 at a very critical moment when nobody else would. This will come to feel like not only a betrayal by the DNC but also by Bernie himself. Tulsi is not running for congress again. Basically she has been so thoroughly thrown under the bus she might decide to switch it up with Trump, despite past heavy criticisms Trump could forgive her to come onside.
Here is the scenario the DNC runs a media frenzied contested convention this summer, Trump see's an opening to throw a political grenade.
So he dumps Pence as VP and picks Gabbrad as his running mate.

Putting Gabbard on the ticket would create a giant media sensation—a VP being dumped from the ticket, plus a party switch, plus a female vice-presidential nominee? It’s a quick way to dominate media coverage. If the Democratic ticket doesn't have a woman, this would be a lock for Trump to win.

There is reason Gabbard is still running on the DNC side despite zero chance to win, and is on FOX news all the time, she is already against the establishment and the liberal media and the Clinton cartel just like Trump....but to what end ?
edit on 7-3-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hmmmm That would be an odd thing to do.

Have we ever had a mixed PotUS and vice from opposing parties? Tried to google but it acts like it didn't know what I was asking. lol

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The Trump adminstration needs to make her secretary of state.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think Pence has done a great job as Vice President. I don't know why anyone would expect Trump to change up what is obviously working. I think it would be a mistake.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

I heard a rumor once that someone actually saw him speak!!!

Wonder if this is REALLY true

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I think Pence has done a great job as Vice President. I don't know why anyone would expect Trump to change up what is obviously working. I think it would be a mistake.

Even though I don't trust Pence, I have to agree. Although it would be glorious to see the Koch brothers lose their minds!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
The last time a vp was to be dropped they shot the president. Shades of JFK!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think it's more likely Biden picks Mitt Romney as his running mate than Trump veering away from Mike Pence ESPECIALLY considering how likely it is that the Dems try more impeachment games (if they hold the House... which they may not succeed at doing).

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Biden and Sanders are both Jewish .

Zionist !!! Zionist !!! Zionist !!!

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
In your original constitution, the losing candidate in the Presidential race became the vice-President. That's how the immediate succession to Washington worked. Adams and Jefferson were opposite parties. Then they amended it, of course.

edit on 7-3-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Biden's Catholic

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If we take the split in the democrat party for real.
And if we take that that split is between the moderates and the progressives.
And if we believe that Sanders in not on the side of the moderates.

We might also suppose that the split is not so much between the progressives and the moderates but rather between the Clinton dominated ''old guard'' and younger dems who see that that old guard, the machine, the DNC do not represent the ln-flux of younger voters. Two aspects of that party. The Machine of the past and all that do not want it anymore.

We know that Sanders could be seen as being a spearhead of that group which is against the machine. Gabbard, we know is also being pushed away by that machine, ''see Clinton's dislike for her.

Biden of course being the go along dem that he is will gladly be the new chosen one for that established Dem power structure.

I can see Sanders, if he wins the nomination, turning to Gabbard as a vp choice. If he does not win and is neck and next with Biden, I can see a contested convention where both sides need to compromise with her as a viable choice to beat Trump in November. I"m not saying it will be so, just brainstorming like everyone else.

As to Trump trying to gather Gabbard into his fold, I don't think that will happen. I don't think he would try and I'm pretty sure she would not. However, as to that notion of Gabbard getting a vp nod from Trump because she is a woman, that tactic of dropping Pence in favor of a woman would and might likely be accomplished by tapping Nikky Haley for that ticket embellishment.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
And if we believe that Sanders in not on the side of the moderates.

If Bernie Sanders' ideologies ever encompass what's considered "moderate" in this country, then it's time for the US to dissolve and the union to end.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree. I also like your notion of Biden asking Romney if he would like to be on his ticket. I have thought about that before however that might be too much for the rest of his party. Plus I don't see Biden as being that smart.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Dropping Pence would hurt him deeply with evangelicals imo. Giving her a position somewhere as ambassador or something would be fine, but where is the win in that for him?
Dems cannot be trusted, not even a beautiful woman (and veteran) like Tulsi.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Biden and Sanders are both Jewish. Zionist !!! Zionist !!! Zionist !!!

Starting to wonder if he even knows what a Zionist is...

Biden is a self-described Zionist. During an interview conducted by the U.S. Jewish television cable network Shalom TV, Biden said, "I am a Zionist. You don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah I was thinking about Bloomberg . 🤦‍♂️

How about ?

Zionist !!!! Zion !!! 😆

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Biden and Sanders are both Jewish. Zionist !!! Zionist !!! Zionist !!!

Biden is a self-described Zionist. During an interview conducted by the U.S. Jewish television cable network Shalom TV, Biden said, "I am a Zionist. You don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist."

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, that happens with dementia, now a Zionist, tomorrow he claims he is Napoleon...
edit on 7-3-2020 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't think Trump would just dump Pence for no reason. Now If Pence doesn't want the job another 4 years then OK. But I think Nikki Haley is a likely choice to fill the position.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Interesting.

What if Bernie does pick Tulsi and then Biden picks Warren?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join