It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Of Georgia Covid-19 updates and developments

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The story has since been updated, with additional information:

According to the ordinance, a curfew is imposed from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. effective 9:00 p.m. March 26, 2020. Residents, unless “exempt individuals” should stay in their homes or on their property during the curfew period.

Additionally, no person who is a resident of a state, county or city subject to a stay-at-home order or stay-at-home restriction and who is not currently physically present in Blue Ridge, Georgia is allowed to enter the city limits.

originally posted by: Liquesence
Houston, We have a problem.

I'm sorry, but if I own a piece of property you damned well better believe I have a right to go there. I can understand prohibited from renting a cabin or something, but if you OWN that property?

Fannin County is one of many that made an emergency declaration this week amid the coronavirus pandemic.

County sheriff’s officials are now clarifying that this means people from Atlanta with cabins in the area cannot go to their cabins at this time. The Fannin Sheriff’s Administration posted this on Facebook Thursday:

“I have received multiple inquiries wanting to know if people from Atlanta can come to their cabins. The answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT!! Atlanta is under a “Shelter in Place” order. Our ordinance specifically prohibits this.”

North Georgia officials: You are not allowed to come to mountains this weekend

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That really sucks.

You will have to sneak in off road.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: Liquesence

That really sucks.

You will have to sneak in off road.

Backtrack through the hills like in a true martial law lockdown shtf scenario.

Nah, I'm lucky to live in a small, semi-rural, town.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So, in my area of North ATL, people are drag racing on empty streets late at night.

Our county has a shelter in place order but our neighbors have friends over every day.

Can't fix stupid I guess?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Your post led me to opening 11Alive to check and, yup. I'm shelter in place as well.

For as much time as I've spent digging around for data and news, it's mostly at a national / international level - so, yet again, this thread has let me know what's happening outside my door.

Can't express how grateful I am that this thread is here. Truly. Thank you to all involved.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here's a metro Atlanta county and city list of declarations of emergency, and other orders.

Looks like Cobb, Gwinnett, Dekalb, Fulton, Rockdale all have shelter in place, and travel only for essential goods/services.

My county has not issued anything itself, though my city has closed all nonessential business, but has not issued shelter in place. A neighboring city in the county has a shelter in place order, however.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have to say that so far I am happy with my county.
I just went to the Hall County website and we are under no orders.

Only this. Board of Commissioners bans in-person dining, enacts other measures in light of COVID-19 outbreak

They have closed down most of the government. Of course schools are shut down too.

Looks like they are ready for this, whatever it is.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I haven't looked at Lanier, but the flash that went out last week was pretty much the same take precautions, close down typical large gatherings and the govt and lets see who brings it to us first and go from there.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

ACOE closed the parks and trails at the dam.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
A few updates for Georgia.

Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Ga. climb to 2,651; deaths increase to 80

Of Georgia’s overall cases, 666 patients remain hospitalized, a rate of about 25.12%, according to the figures released at noon. That number is up from 660 confirmed hospitalizations at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Fulton County still has the most confirmed cases in Georgia with 407, up from 378. DeKalb County has the second most with 272, followed by Dougherty County with 239, and Cobb with 222.

The number of coronavirus-related deaths across the U.S. surpassed 2,000 on Saturday after doubling in just two days, according to a Washington Post review of state health department numbers.

---

Georgia nurse quits over COVID-19: ‘My family and my life, they matter’

In a video that has gone viral, a Georgia nurse with pre-existing conditions quit her job at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital due to concerns over the coronavirus.

... a nurse in Albany, GA and is currently receiving widespread support on the internet after she shared her breaking point. On Wednesday, she took to Facebook Live after being assigned to the “Corona floor” for a 12-hour shift.

---

Perdue Farms Confirms Positive Case of COVID-19 at Perry, Georgia Production Facility

The affected Associate is in quarantine for 14 days while still receiving pay and no attendance penalty, and may return to work when approved to do so by a healthcare provider.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Irishhaf

ACOE closed the parks and trails at the dam.

Buford was ordered to shelter in place yesterday.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
just check my local news app and its so boring down here right now that they are running stories comparing todays health care system to what was here during the Spanish flu.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
COVID-19 is just another bug, like the Flu. The odds are better than 99%, that those affected will fully recover.

Well, I for one, am relieved to hear that. Thanks for those reassuring words, and darn those who would have us get all riled up!

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Good website that shows when we will peak and how many ICU beds we will be short in GA (and the US). It's not as bad as I thought it could be.

Looks like with tents or turning existing buildings into temp hospitals we may be ok in GA. The state needs to get the extra beds set up now. Looks like GA will peak on April 22.

COVID-19 Projections

Thanks to 1947boomer for the link.

edit on 30-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: fix link

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

edit on 3/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It shows total deaths nationwide substantially lower than other projections. But the timing of peaks is of interest.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes it is. NY will peak in 15 days and GA in 22.

Not sure what explains the week difference. Population density or did it just get there a week earlier?

Did you follow the link that has this.

About an hour ago, the White House announced that the US Gov has built their own model of the spread of the epidemic and it agrees very closely with this model, so they’re recommending that people use this model to forecast what’s happening in their state.

edit on 30-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The catch is people have to actually use social distancing. Apparently in my area that's impossible. I've never seen more socializing in my neighbirhood, not in fifteen years.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

The catch is people have to actually use social distancing. Apparently in my area that's impossible. I've never seen more socializing in my neighbirhood, not in fifteen years.

I've seen some congregations at a few houses on the road I live, which I presume is just family, but it's not a neighborhood, per se. Most of the houses are quite a ways a part,and it doesn't seem to be a huge number of people.

Watching the local news, looks like it's hit or miss with social distancing. Atlanta seeming to be doing well, for the most part but probably because most places are closed to the public, except for parks. Just saw that the DNR was going to start enforcing distancing at some parks and lakes.

Also, the measures companies themselves are taking. There was a WSB report of Home Depot only allowing a certain number of people in some of their stores, and the line outside stretch through the parking lot, with people being kept 6' apart. Also, Last week the local Kroger had these, and the news said they were installing shields at check out counters.

edit on 30-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Nice links.

Saw that the National Guard is sending a medical unit to Albany, since that is a hot spot removed from the metro area.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join