It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Of Georgia Covid-19 updates and developments

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Liquesence
I have a new neighbor!

Gov. Brian Kemp’s office has confirmed that a Cherokee County COVID-19 victim has been transferred to Hard Labor State Park for isolation.

On Tuesday, the governor announced the state park was going to house seven emergency mobile units as a precautionary measure in accordance with the state's strategic plan to prepare for any and all scenarios as it relates to COVID-19 cases in Georgia.

First coronavirus patient transferred to isolation site at state park

Gonna bring some pasta. Maybe introduce myself. Just 15 mins away.

This actually isn't a bad idea like it better than putting them in hospitals around more people,limiting exposure

I completely agree, it just happens to be in my neighborhood.

It will always be "near someone," so it is what it is. I'm not worried for myself, just hope it doesn't make its way to my 90+ year old grandmother or my uncle who has bone cancer, the the other myriad at risk people in the area.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Salander

Why wouldn't they talk about vitamin C?I

That's a good question. I don't listen to much TV, but I do watch the evening news fairly regularly. I have not heard anybody mention it, have you?

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Talking to my brother today and he told me you have a very nice golf course at Hard Labor Park.

Maybe they will let the infected play some golf.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I don't golf, but the course seems nice.

The reporting from WSB seems to suggest the isolation trailers are near the (only) boat ramp, and I like to take the canoe out from time to time.

They say the park is still open, but there are several areas in the boat access area other than the ramp, including a few residences.

I haven't been over there yet to check it out.

posted on Mar, 11 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I don't play myself. I would go swimming in the summer when I was growing up, not play golf. I thought my brother was crazy doing all that walking in the heat. While I was swimming with half naked girls.

If you happen to pass by get us a few pictures if you can.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
State confirms first coronavirus-related death in Georgia

State officials confirmed the first death from the coronavirus in Georgia on Thursday.

The 67-year-old patient was a man who died at WellStar Kennestone hospital. He tested positive on March 7. The governor’s office says the patient also had underlying medical conditions.

edit on 12-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Least 1 base is reducing to mission essential only with the first steps already taken for lockdown.

Moody afb.
edit on 12-3-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Hadn't heard that one.

Moody AFB announces Coronavirus case

Moody Air Force Base leadership has been notified by the Georgia Department of Public Health that an employee at the base dining facility has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.

As a result, the DFAC temporarily closed for health and safety precautionary measures and sanitization, with a planned re-opening of the dining facility for breakfast at 6 a.m., March 12.

In response, Moody has declared a public health emergency and changed its Health Protection Condition (HPCON) level to B.

In accordance with HPCON B measures, Moody AFB will execute procedures designed to mitigate a moderate health threat to base personnel due to a heightened exposure risk. Recommended protection measures include: continued strict hygiene, no handshaking, and sanitize common use items.

The Moody AFB clinic is not able to conduct testing for COVID-19. Moody AFB will collect samples if necessary.
WALB10

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

yea I am an ART at moody and we just got sent to the house with a re-evaluation on Monday which as of right now doesn't look good.

was briefed this morning that a cashier at the DFAC had it left work to go to the hospital with Pneumonia like symptoms, commander said business as usual nothing to worry about 5 hours later they recalled all the airborne jets told all civil service to take admin leave and go home not to report before 0600 Monday.

But considering the location of patient Zero I expect the numbers to go up quick, and would not be surprised if the base is on lockdown by the middle of next week.

ETA: had at least 1 other confirmed case before I left for the house.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
High Museum of Art closed indefinitely.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Thank you for the firsthand info.

Keep us posted.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

will certainly pass on anything I can.

Household preparedness.

South health district information was passed to us through text and email just now, the above link checked clear on my computer.

Pretty basic stuff but the only thing that's changed since 2 pm est was the DFAC is now closed for 2 weeks even after their scrub down yesterday.

EDIT to Add: I find some parts of the especially amusing since I had been asking my leadership for 3 weeks what the plan was and I was told repeatedly to not worry about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Moody AFB mission essential personnel only till march 30th.

1 confirmed case multiple in quarantine waiting on results of tests, actually had drive through testing up and running on base today.

practice separation, no on base functions of any sort.

We are on standby for return to work if nobody else tests positive before the 30th.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Georgia is building a new quarantine center for COVID-19. It is being constructed in the city of Forsyth in Monroe county. At a Georgia Public Safety training center.

Hopefully this will eases the flow of plague victims your way Liquesence.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Hopefully this will eases the flow of plague victims your way Liquesence.

Haha,

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Georgia Dept of Public Health website devoted strictly to showing the number of cases in the State of Georgia.

Maps, Graphs, Charts, Data, updated Daily.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Presidential primary delayed, National Guard deployed in Georgia over virus fears

Georgia election officials are postponing the state’s March 24 presidential primaries until May because of fears over the coronavirus.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said in a statement that in-person early voting, which began statewide March 2, will be halted and the election will be moved to May 19, when Georgia’s other 2020 primary elections are being held.

edit on 14-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Why don't they just use the FEMA camps?
They have the caskets and stuff all ready to go.

edit on 3/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh, the supply yards full of casket liners aren't very far away...

posted on Mar, 15 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Georgia reports 33 new cases of coronavirus

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the state increased by 33 in a span of 24 hours.

The state reports there has been one death as a result of COVID-19. Gov. Brian Kemp and the state Department of Public Health previously confirmed a 67-year-old man who had tested positive for the coronavirus had died at a hospital in Marietta.

The governor announced during a news conference Saturday that he was declaring a public health emergency.

---

Georgia's coronavirus case count reaches 99

On Sunday, the Georgia Department of Public Health update their COVID-19 Daily Status Report, outlining that the number of confirmed cases has hit 99. There has been one death reported as well.

The largest number of cases remain in metro Atlanta, primarily in Fulton, Cobb and DeKalb counties.

The breakdown by county is as follows: 20 in Fulton County; 19 in Cobb County; 10 in DeKalb County; 9 in Bartow County; 6 in Cherokee County; 6 in Dougherty County; 5 in Fayette County; 4 in Floyd County; 4 in Gwinnett County; 2 in Coweta County; 2 in Clayton County; 2 in Clarke County; 2 in Lowndes County; 2 in Lee County; 2 in Gordon County; 1 in Newton County; 1 in Charlton County; 1 in Henry County; 1 in Polk County.

---

Florida and Georgia first responders prep for COVID-19

“The public is going to need to be patient with us,” Jacksonville Fire Chief Keith Powers said. “We have to make sure we are preparing our first responders with the information we need. At the end of the day, we are prepared.”

State health officials reported late Thursday that a 57-year-old man in Clay County tested positive for coronavirus and has been isolated as he is being treated. In Jacksonville five firefighters who responded to an 83-year-old man who tested positive late last week have been quarantined, Mayor Lenny Curry said. That man is also isolated until cleared by public health officials.

As for four Jacksonville fire-rescue members who self-quarantined after attending an EMS conference in Tampa where a man tested positive, Powers said they have been cleared and returned to work.

---

Kemp authorizes call of Georgia National Guard for COVID-19 response

Gov. Brian P. Kemp issued an executive order Saturday afternoon authorizing Adjutant General Tom Carden - at the request of Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Director Homer Bryson - to call up as many as 2,000 Georgia National Guard troops to active duty to address novel coronavirus and COVID-19 in Georgia.

"Through extensive emergency preparedness training, the brave men and women in the Georgia National Guard stand ready to serve above and beyond their traditional military duties. In states of emergency, they are equipped to take necessary action to protect the health and safety of Georgia families in every region," said Kemp. "To assist with COVID-19 mitigation and critical services, including the transfer of Georgians currently at Dobbins Air Reserve Base to their homes, the Georgia National Guard will now be available to communities to ensure the steady supply of medical equipment, food, shelter, or related materials to keep Georgians safe in the weeks ahead."

The Georgia National Guard is already assisting with the transfer of 31 Georgians - formerly passengers on the Grand Princess cruise ship - from Dobbins Air Reserve Base to their homes Saturday for isolation and monitoring by Department of Public Health officials.

---

Georgia Power, Jackson EMC suspending disconnections for non-payment during coronavirus outbreak

As a result, the energy cooperative is limiting public access to their offices. From Monday, March 16 to Friday, March 27, their main offices in Jefferson, Ga., will be open to drive-thru traffic only.

During the same period, the EMC says they will suspend disconnections of service for non-payment.

Any Jackson EMC customers or members with questions are asked to call them at 800-462-3691 or email them at [email protected].

---

Gov. Kemp announces Georgia's first-ever public health emergency

Amid the spread of coronavirus around the globe, Georgia's governor has announced the state will be under a public health emergency, effective Saturday.

It is believed to be the state's first-ever declaration of its kind, according to state records.

The announcement follows President Trump declaring a national emergency for the United States, during a Friday press conference.

Last week the official cases were in the single digits. Now we have almost 100 confirmed cases in GA. How many will it be next week?

edit on 15-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join