It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Of Georgia Covid-19 updates and developments

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
More cases in Georgia:

The Georgia Department of Public Health is awaiting confirmation on four new presumptive positive tests for COVID-19, Gov. Brian Kemp announced Sunday night.

The results have been submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for verification.

Of the new cases:
Content Continues Below

-- One is from Fulton County

-- One is from Cherokee County

-- Two are from Cobb County, but they are not connected to each other.

All four individuals are hospitalized, and the source of their infections are unknown.

There are now six total presumptive positive cases in the state.

WSB

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I just saw an alert on my phone that Kemp is preparing to use a State Park outside metro Atlanta to potentially house Corvid patients.

Turns out, this park is about 15 minutes from my house, and where I go hiking once or twice a week when the weather is warm.

Go figure.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: one4all

weaponised viral bug that uses an already insitu Plemorphic Bacteria as its host

First time I have heard that.

I did a quick search and didn't find that info, do you have a link?

That would be a bad thing. If it is true, it would seem that the virus is weaponized.

Although human blood is believed to be a sterile environment, recent studies suggest that pleomorphic bacteria exist in the blood of healthy humans.

Pleomorphic bacteria-like structures in human blood

If it's true, it will be suppressed by MSM. If it's true, you will never hear them talk about it, just as they are not talking about the potential role of Vitamin C as prevention.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

H1N1 of 2009 was a bird flu.

It was never on Obama to declare it anything.
That went to the WHO and the CDC who did declare it a pandemic because every year there is a pandemic of flu.
Every year.

Why is this a competition between trump and Obama to so many? Why is everything a competition to trump?

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Why wouldn't they talk about vitamin C?I

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Gov. Brian Kemp, state officials say Hard Labor Creek Park could be used as isolation spot for coronavirus patients

Kemp and state officials say they are preparing the site for patient placement by delivering and installing seven emergency trailers at the park.

"Officials are utilizing an isolated section of Hard Labor Creek State Park where emergency trailers and operations will be separated from the rest of the property," a statement said.

That sure is hitting close to home.

I think it will hit at least that close to home for most before this is over.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Gov. Brian Kemp, state officials say Hard Labor Creek Park could be used as isolation spot for coronavirus patients

Kemp and state officials say they are preparing the site for patient placement by delivering and installing seven emergency trailers at the park.

"Officials are utilizing an isolated section of Hard Labor Creek State Park where emergency trailers and operations will be separated from the rest of the property," a statement said.

That sure is hitting close to home.

I think it will hit at least that close to home for most before this is over.

That's what I was talking about. I live 15mins from there and go hiking regularly.

Reportedly, there are already 7 isolation trailers on standby.
edit on 9-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Close to 200 Georgia residents are being monitored for coronavirus

Late last year, health care organizations and officials across seven Southeastern states conducted training exercises on how to deal with a U.S. outbreak of Ebola, a disease that appears to have a much higher mortality rate than the latest coronavirus, said Curtis Harris, the director of the University of Georgia’s Institute for Disaster Management.

Georgia hospitals and other health care facilities have developed plans to accommodate sudden increases in the number of patients seeking care, he said. In some cases, they could put more than one patient in otherwise private hospital rooms or convert offices into treatment space.

Emory and other hospitals didn’t want to discuss their specific plans in place.

200 Georgians In Self-Quarantine To Watch For Coronavirus Signs

ATLANTA, GA — Nearly 200 Georgia residents who have recently traveled to China are self-monitoring for symptoms of the deadly new coronavirus, state health officials said Tuesday.

The residents are under self-quarantine, which allows them to stay at home for two weeks, the period experts say is needed to develop the disease. So far, no one in Georgia has shown any symptoms of the virus, officials said.
Great, self-quarantine. Not that it will really matter much. We are past the point of containment.

ETA info from the New York Post.

Georgia residents returning from China forced into ‘self-isolation’ over coronavirus fears

Americans returning from the rest of mainland China need to undergo additional screening at airports and potential self-administered quarantine, the White House has ordered.

Health officials in Georgia have called the recent travelers to explain the requirements — and stress the importance of notifying authorities of any potential coronavirus symptoms, the Journal-Constitution reported.

Anyone who shows symptoms or tests positive for the illness will be immediately hospitalized in a quarantined area.

edit on 9-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I know, I was saying that it is hitting close to home for you.

Guess I could of been clearer.

Thanks to the Mods for changing the title!

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I know, I was saying that it is hitting close to home for you.

Guess I could of been clearer.

Thanks. Dm'd you.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Infection source for recent Georgia virus patients a mystery

Health officials say they don't know how the most recent COVID-19 infections happened in Georgia, though all of the cases are in metropolitan Atlanta.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp said late Sunday the people in the four recent cases are from Fulton, Cobb and Cherokee counties, but have no connection to each other. They were hospitalized as of Sunday.

Test results by the state health lab are awaiting confirmation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Eleven Georgia residents have now tested positive for the COVID-19, and five of those tests have been federally confirmed.

This sure looks like community spread. That is why we are beyond the point of containment.

These cases can not be tracked back to someone who has the virus. That means people are still spreading it around.

Confirmed and presumptive cases of virus in Georgia increase to 17

The number of Georgians infected by the disease caused by coronavirus is quickly rising, with six confirmed diagnoses now and at least another 11 that are “presumptive positive,” according to the Department of Public Health.

The cases of COVID-19 are mostly centered in metro Atlanta, with patients in Cherokee, Cobb, DeKalb, Fayette, Fulton and Gwinnett counties. Two other cases were reported Floyd and Polk counties.

At a press conference Monday, Gov. Brian Kemp urged the public to take precautions. “If you’re sick, do not go to work. Do not attend large events. You will put others at risk,” said Kemp, who said he wasn’t ready yet to call for the cancellation of large gatherings.

It was just 5 the other day.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I really doesn't matter to me who is in charge. I don't trust any of them when it comes to stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: putnam6

H1N1 of 2009 was a bird flu.

It was never on Obama to declare it anything.
That went to the WHO and the CDC who did declare it a pandemic because every year there is a pandemic of flu.
Every year.

Why is this a competition between Trump and Obama to so many? Why is everything a competition to trump?[/quote

I apologize Silly I tire of that as well, I was honestly referring to his national emergency statement in October 2009 wasn't trying to sully Obama's rep this time. I barely remember any disruptions but vaguely remember his address and something about the colder months to follow. Definitely watching Trump and how he handles this with an increasingly critical eye.

www.snopes.com...

From Snopes
In sum, the PJ Media article claimed that Obama “waited” until millions of people were infected with H1N1 before he declared an “emergency.” But that isn’t the case. The Obama administration started to address H1N1 just as the disease emerged in April 2009. A public health emergency was declared on April 26, 2009, when there were about 20 confirmed cases in the United States. The Obama administration renewed this declaration twice in the ensuing months before declaring a national emergency in October 2009.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Metro Atlanta Waffle House employee tests positive for coronavirus

A Waffle House worker in Cherokee County has tested positive for coronavirus, Waffle House officials confirmed Tuesday.

The employee worked at the Waffle House at 1849 Marietta Highway in Canton.

Twelve employees who worked at the same Waffle House are now under self-quarantine until Saturday and the store is closed. So far, officials say none of those employees have showed symptoms of the illness.

Officials said the employee only worked at the store for one day during the last two weeks, on March 1. The patient went to the hospital but has since been released and is in isolation.

At least the employee only worked for one day, but who knows how many people he or she potentially contacted on that day.

The company is implementing enhanced sanitization measures at all of its other stores.

The 10 hourly employees who are on self-quarantine will be paid while they are in quarantine, the company said.

That's good.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Coronavirus Spreads to 8 Georgia Counties

Posted: Mar 10, 2020 10:37 AM CDT - Health officials say five more people in Georgia have tested positive for COVID-19, and the Centers for Disease Control. That means a total of 17 people in the state have now tested positive, though some of the tests have yet to be confirmed by the CDC.

Gov. Brian Kemp said late Monday that the cases are from eight Georgia counties: Cherokee, Cobb, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Fayette, Floyd, Fulton, and Polk.

For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia.

(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)

Georgia physicians can order test now and they can be processed by private labs.
We are getting ready to see some truer numbers soon.

More testing in Georgia resulting in more coronavirus cases

That contrasts with earlier requirements that doctors consult with state health departments, which had the final say on whether a patient should be tested for the new coronavirus. Testing was approved only for patients who fit the then-narrow criteria, and all specimens were then routed to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The limited testing was at least partly due to faulty test kits being sent out to state health departments by the CDC several weeks ago. New kits were sent out in early March to health departments and state labs.

The state Department of Health said that, as of Tuesday afternoon, there were 17 confirmed and presumed cases of COVID-19 in Georgia, but that number is expected to change daily. The six confirmed diagnoses have been reported in Fulton County, Cobb, Polk and Floyd counties. Eleven presumptive positive cases, meaning yet to be verified by the CDC, have been reported in Fulton, Cobb, DeKalb, Gwinnett, Fayette and Cherokee counties.

Georgia voting locations try to prevent spread of coronavirus

“We want to have a clean, sanitized environment when you’re at a polling location,” Raffensperger said. “Everyone needs to be as cognizant and safety-conscious as possible.”

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that election officials encourage mail-in voting and early voting. The CDC also suggested that poll workers disinfect voting equipment.

Any Georgia voter concerned about in-person voting can vote by mail. Georgia offers absentee voting to all registered voters who return a form to their county election offices.

Georgia Port Authority sees March slowdown because of coronavirus

America's fastest growing port is likely to take a hit this month from reduced shipments from Asia due to the coronavirus.

But Georgia Ports Authority Director Griff Lynch still expects the Port of Savannah in Georgia will gain in its usage and shipments over time as a quicker turnaround port in the Southeast than the biggest U.S. ports on the West Coast or Northeast.

"The (Savannah) port has been doing great and is on a record year pace," GPA Executive Director Griff Lynch Monday during a visit to one of the port's newest users, GE Appliances' Southern Logistics Center in Crandall, Georgia. "But March is going to be a slow month and slower than we budgeted. We are looking at three or four weeks of a trough. During the time that China was having its challenges (from the Coronavirus and the extension of the Chinese New Year's holiday) they weren't loading a lot of cargo."

Georgia-produced reality show impacted by Coronavirus after SXSW cancelled event

"GAMEMASTER", an upcoming unscripted competitive series set to film in Georgia, is one of the industry projects impacted by Coronavirus.

The show, which is hosted by Will Wheaton, was set to have a string of events tied to SXSW in Austin, Texas.

Laurie Lockliear, executive producer for “GAMEMASTER,” told the A-Scene its production is taking health precautions as the show picks up filming in the coming weeks.

Georgia leaders discuss efforts to battle coronavirus

“Dobbins has a capacity now of 151 evacuees. We have additional at the Clay National Center in case we need 190 beds. We have significant capacity of what we are tracking,” said Adjutant Gen. Tom Carden.

The DPH has tested 60 people for coronavirus in Georgia right now. They believe 12 have tested positive; The CDC says six and are waiting on the other six.

The state insurance commissioner is asking urgent cares and insurance companies to waive off any costs for patients who want to be tested for Covid, and it is free for those who are uninsured.

Savannah member of coronavirus task force offers advice

He also told News 3 that even those in generally good health who aren’t always considered “elderly” need to be cautious as well.

“It is a serious illness the older you are if your immune system is not as good,” said Watson. “What is old? In the United States we’re telling people 60 years and above, but certainly, as you get older if you have chronic illnesses then that makes you at high risk.”

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I just saw an alert on my phone that Kemp is preparing to use a State Park outside metro Atlanta to potentially house Corvid patients.

Turns out, this park is about 15 minutes from my house, and where I go hiking once or twice a week when the weather is warm.

Go figure.

A State Park to house patients? But...but...but...it's just a cold!

Can't they just wash their hands with Virus-B-Gone soap?

Stay safe!! and keep us all informed.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What happens if coronavirus hits Middle Georgia jails? Local officials are working to prepare

Officials who oversee some of Middle Georgia’s jails are taking what precautions they can to keep coronavirus from spreading to county lockups.

But they acknowledge there would be little they could do, aside from isolating those infected, if it does.

Some area jails, the larger ones in Bibb and Houston counties, are small cities behind bars. The Bibb lockup, which houses nearly 1,000 inmates, has a greater population than more than 200 towns in Georgia.

Savannah senior-living homes restrict visitors to prevent coronavirus spread

Savannah-area nursing homes and assisted-living communities are taking stringent steps to prevent the spread of coronavirus among their elderly residents — who are considered most at-risk of contracting lethal cases of COVID-19 — including the restriction of guest visits.

On Monday, March 9, the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living distributed comprehensive guidelines to prevent coronavirus from entering senior-living facilities, primarily recommending that facilities limit or restrict visitors and group activities.

Other suggestions include requiring or encouraging hand-washing among all individuals entering group homes for seniors, and setting up processes for residents to use remote-communication technology to replace visits.

Georgia daycare worker tests positive for COVID-19

The Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning was notified by the daycare located in the 4800 block of Baker Grove Road of the positive test result. As a result, the daycare will be closed March 10 -11 for a deep cleaning. This is the first daycare to be impacted by the global virus.

A spokesperson with DECAL issued the following statement in regards to the daycare closing:

"Childcare Network followed the correct procedure in responding to this situation, by immediately contacting their local health department, who alerted the Georgia Department of Public Health, and notifying all parents of the situation on Monday, March 9, 2020. The decision to close this facility is a decision entirely up to the child care provider, and not mandated by DECAL or the Georgia Department of Public Health, which is currently in its exposure investigation phase working with all children and families affected. According to the CDC and Georgia Department of Public Health, COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreaks in young children are uncommon and severe symptoms are rare in children. Even so, in order to prevent the spread of illness, we are encouraging our providers to stay alert for signs of illness in their children. In addition, we all should encourage good health practices such as appropriate handwashing; covering coughs or sneezing with a tissue; and disinfecting surfaces. At DECAL, our top priority is the health and safety of our state’s young learners.”

Just another COVID-19 day in Georgia.

Stay clean out there

edit on 10-3-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I have a new neighbor!

Gov. Brian Kemp’s office has confirmed that a Cherokee County COVID-19 victim has been transferred to Hard Labor State Park for isolation.

On Tuesday, the governor announced the state park was going to house seven emergency mobile units as a precautionary measure in accordance with the state's strategic plan to prepare for any and all scenarios as it relates to COVID-19 cases in Georgia.

First coronavirus patient transferred to isolation site at state park

Gonna bring some pasta. Maybe introduce myself. Just 15 mins away.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
I have a new neighbor!

Gov. Brian Kemp’s office has confirmed that a Cherokee County COVID-19 victim has been transferred to Hard Labor State Park for isolation.

On Tuesday, the governor announced the state park was going to house seven emergency mobile units as a precautionary measure in accordance with the state's strategic plan to prepare for any and all scenarios as it relates to COVID-19 cases in Georgia.

First coronavirus patient transferred to isolation site at state park

Gonna bring some pasta. Maybe introduce myself. Just 15 mins away.

This actually isn't a bad idea like it better than putting them in hospitals around more people,limiting exposure

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join