It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA about to quarentine CA, NYC, Likely others

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis
With the huge crime increase in NYC due to the new no bail law in NYC I can not see anyone complying with a quarantine, it would take the military to enforce it.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
LeBron James says if there are no fans in the arena he's not playing.

mobile.twitter.com...

Who? Oh, just another irrelevant, self-important athlete that contributes little to society. Who cares what they think or say?

I've had several discussions with friends about the severity of this and what it might lead to. Most are being sensible but one friend of a friend actually suggested we close ALL schools in Michigan NOW, to head off the spread even though there isn't one single case in Michigan yet. I'm so tired of the hysteria already, it just proves how stupid some people are. Is it serious? Sure. Is it going to be catastrophic? I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Which will I dispute first?? Ok, the city wide quarantine of NYC.
And for second, I will dispute the statewide quarantine of California, but I will let it go down to Los Angeles county.

You saw a job posting for positions in those cities. Your speculation and your speculation only says this equates to soon to passass quarantine.

And as I stated in some of the hundred other disease of the season threads, there will be a constitutional battle at my home if someone tries to force my quarantine. I know it sounds laughable because your society is accustomed to bending over when Simon says without even a question or hesitation.

But this individual is a believer, and the one thing the State hates about believers is their lack of fear of death. I mean #, if you cannot get a man to be afraid of death, how you supposed to program and order them at a whim like cattle??

I don't stop living because Simon says be afraid. In fact my whole family is going to the Chinese state owned AMC theaters to watch Sonic on Tuesday. You must think I am just begging to die or something I bet.

But you'd be wrong. I already made multiple bets and claims in other threads that this hysteria is wrapped up by late May, right in time for Summer Blockbusters and travel season. Will also see the market rebound with double digit gains as well.

Now I'm not telling you to do anything different than Simon right now. Please, by all means! Be AFRAID!

Not sure what you're talking about be honest, why do people keep saying im not going to panic, stop causing panic, im informing you... nothing more... you said panic i said prepare

Moving on...

You clearly know better than WHO CDC and just about every expert in the relevant field who are saying, you must do this this is the method that will work best

NO QUARANTINES YOU SAY, Ok shoot what you proposing?

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
With the huge crime increase in NYC due to the new no bail law in NYC I can not see anyone complying with a quarantine, it would take the military to enforce it.

And they will along with the police and volunteers

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

If coronavirus is serious, then the flu's 61000 deaths it brought in America last year, should be defined as a catastrophic emergency.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If coronavirus is serious, then the flu's 61000 deaths it brought in America last year, should be defined as a catastrophic emergency.

Look at the number of infected versus the number of deaths. That's why typical influenza has a mortality rate of less than 1% and currently, of know cases, CorVid has a 3.5% rate.

Stop spreading disinformation.

Hopefully it won't' be bad but stop with the BS.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

I agree.

Even if they used the military, there are not enough to cover all the people who are likely not to comply. I doubt there would even be enough volunteers to make it work. The more aggressive they become, the more likely the number of those resisting will become.

The best way to protect yourself, in that situation, is for the non-infected to isolate themselves, rather than taking a risk against the non-compliant infected. Just like in all the zombie movies.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I wonder how many people are exposed. I believe it will be hard to get any kind of handle on this for any kind of full blown quarantine.
Just read about an Uber driver in NY who tested positive. How many did he expose?

You're probably in the thousands right now

official stats are weeks behind, in the USA is significantly more due to the tester kit failure

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Look at the number of infected versus the number of deaths. That's why typical influenza has a mortality rate of less than 1% and currently, of know cases, CorVid has a 3.5% rate.

This isn't BS, you're ignoring the situational stats like everyone else that's spreading hysteria. Meaning, the vast majority of deaths are in old and/or already unhealthy people. Hell, even the Chinese are saying their kids aren't being nearly as affected as adults, older adults, are. Yes, the mortality rate is higher than normal flu, right now, but you also have to look at the areas affected and how they're treating people, the unknown number of people around the planet that developed symptoms that weren't bad enough to test for, the number of people who have had this and have fully recovered, which we'll never know because it goes unreported, and so on.

As I've said many times, could this be a serious issue? Yep. But I don't think it will be because in most other well-developed and sanitary countries (Italy not being very sanitary from what vacationers I've talked to have said) will deal with it calmly and fully.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Exactly. So the question is, why hasn't it been? Have we come to accept that tens of thousands will die from a mostly preventable virus? Seems so.

edit on 7-3-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I am noticing political propaganda towards the pandemic, by trying to generalize it to the flu. Red flag went up immediately after I heard this. That means they are trying to prevent panic, yet the truth is in the details.. look closely. Also, if you think trump, would not try or quarantine a city, you don’t know trump. I think he would...
edit on 7-3-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

I am noticing political propaganda towards the pandemic, by trying to generalize it to the flu. Red flag went up immediately after I heard this. That means they are trying to prevent panic, yet the truth is in the details.. look closely. Also, if you think trump, would not try or quarantine a city, you don’t know trump. I think he would...

I don't recall Trump's name coming up in any of my discussions, but as he did with shutting down travel from China to the US, I think he would do what needs to be done for the good of our people.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I'll be honest, considering how effing loony people are treating this, I'm fairly sure anyone who has caught this communally and hasn't found themselve at death's door (which is by far and away the majority of people who have it) have kept their mouths shut and gone about their lives... that skews the numbers tremendously. It has a 3.5% death rate IN CASES KNOWN. Compare to the flu, please.
www.cdc.gov...
CDC estimates there have been 34 million flu illnesses in the USA this season. Yet read down a ways... CDC verifies there have been 207,466 confirmed positive specimens for the flu. This oft-regurgitated "flu mortality rate in the US is only 0.1%!!!" line is from the number of deaths divided by the ESTIMATED number of flu cases in the US any given year, NOT the actual confirmed number of cases. To date, the CDC is ESTIMATING that there have been 170 times as many cases of the flu as there have been specimen confirmed diagnoses of the flu. Coronavirus... we're presently trying to compare a mortality rate that only considers those lab confirmed cases, which means we are seeing an overdramatized mortality rate.

A better comparison, let's say 0.1% of people who get the flu die from it... per the CDC that would equate to 34,000 American deaths from flu during the 1019/2020 flu season. Now, just to compare apples to apples, let's determine a mortality rate for those 34,000 dead the same way the overdramtic media and manipulative peckerheads out there are doing for Coronavirus. 34000 dead / 208,000 lab confirmed flu cases = 16.34% HOLY EFFING JESUS!!! THE GODDAMNED FLU GONNA KILL US ALL!!!! By the same metrics as are being used for Coronavirus, the motherloving flu is between 4 and 5 times more deadly!

Welcome to the pleasant world of being a puppet on a string. We should be trying to find whoever is pulling our strings, rip off their arms, and beat them to death with them instead of continuing to do this lame little dance they want us to do.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Here it comes

NYC

LA

I hope you guys stateside have made your preperations like we told you to do 7 weeks ago, if youre in one of these quarentines youre likely going to be rationed by the army

My best guess is where we see community transmission occuring you'll also be also on strict lockdown meassures to tackle the RO to lessen the pressure on the hospitals which in turn will drop the CFR /mortalitity rate

So far, tonight was the first time I heard the radio news say "the WHO (or the CDC I forget) is recommending that the elderly and immune compromised systems stay home as much as they can right now". Other than that, from everyone I have talked to (friends, family and strangers) out of about 30 people I have talked to...all but 3 have laughed it off.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think the CFR is closer to 1.5%
when you take into account the untold thousands of carriers who never needed hospitilization,recovered or expired at home,not counted in the total.
I am reluctantly open to being wrong though.
edit on 7-3-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Its the only thing which will work or the deathtoll will be massive...

This is the fear, but no one knows for sure what's going to happen.

...you have to slow the R0 to bring down the mortality rate...

RO?

If 80% of the country gets it withing the coming months april - may...

Keep in mind that as the weather warms the virus will begin dying its natural death... at least for this season. So the rate of contraction, and therefore the rate of transmission, will decrease accordingly as we get into spring and then summer.. In the southwest, we're in the 80s right now. By April/May, we'll be in the 90s. And will most likely hit triple digits before Memorial Day.

Then 15% could become critical care ICU If theyre not given hospital beds, medicine, ventilators etc, the mortality rate will be massive...

People have never been better prepared to battle illness and disease. Modern medical technology continues to keep many people alive that would have died even 50 years ago. But also, we know more than ever about food as medicine, including vitamins and other nutrients. Our bodies today are better nourished and stronger than previous generations, who suffered chronic scurvy, pellagio, rickets, night blindness, etc., all because of nutritional deficiencies.

We've had plenty of warning. Most people who are so inclined have already taken preventative measures to protect and strengthen their bodies. Many of us because we've been doing it for years, so we were prepared. Others because they recognize the reasonable risk and are taking reasonable precautions.

May I ask what you've done to prepare? Do you have a plan? Are you concerned because you don't think there is any way to prepare? Or because you don't think you can prepare enough? Or because you don't know how to prepare?

I only worry when I have no plan. If I have a plan, I'm good to go.

Maybe you feel that way because you’re not really watching and listening?

What you just wrote is nothing short of wishful thinking

Your healthcare system will be crippled within weeks

Is this fear or is it reality?

The head of the Lombardy's intensive care crisis unit says the health system is on the brink of collapse, intensive care being set up in hallways. By March 26 they predict ~18,000 #Covid19 cases in Lombardy, of which ~3,000 will need intensive care.

twitter.com...

Why do people feel this virus has changed since it crippled China? ever since it’s crippled every other country? Why do you feel it’s fear-mongering?

He says: “If the population doesn’t understand that they need to stay home, the situation will become catastrophic.”

Yes I’ve planned and made plans, no I don’t feel they’ll be enough the world is in uncharted territory, it depends how well the worlds governments perform and come together, it’ll be a year or two to remember that’s for sure

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Feels like more doom-pron.

The job postings DO exist..

Do you think Italy wanted to start quarantining cities?

normalcy bias.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

I think the death rate is closer to 1.5%
when you take into account the untold thousands of carriers who never needed hospitilization or expired at home,not counted in the total.
I am reluctantly open to be wrong though

I'm going to say it's probably lower even than that. I am open to the idea that this is a serious bug... certainly very contagious and nothing to ignore, but so long as we are seeing death numbers purely compared to lab confirmed positives, the 3%-6%+ figures some on here love to run up the flagpole are histrionic. It's that same reason anytime a new bug appears, the first year it exists seems so horrific to everyone... they tend to restrict it purely to lab confirmed positives while in subsequent years they recognize most people who catch it will shake it on their own and never see a doctor for it, let alone see a doctor who runs lab tests to confirm what strain of the flu it is.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It has a 3.5% death rate IN CASES KNOWN

Cases known, which I've said several times, on several threads.

CDC estimates there have been 34 million flu illnesses in the USA this season. Yet read down a ways... CDC verifies there have been 207,466 confirmed positive specimens for the flu

Look at the CDC chart. I did, and I did the math. I only did a few years (2010 & 2011), but symptomatic illnesses compared to deaths is around 0.1% (for those years).

WHO also says, of cases known (again) or Corvid, mortality is 3.5%.

Are there cases unknown? Absolutely. Probably many.

Could there have been deaths from but not attributed to? Sure, because it's still new and could be attributed to typical flu.

ETA:

I'm not worried, but I don't think it should be summarily dismissed as "nothing serious" as so many are wont to do. Don't underestimate viruses, ever, especially known ones.
edit on 7-3-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: blueman12
Feels like more doom-pron.

The job postings DO exist..

Do you think Italy wanted to start quarantining cities?

normalcy bias.

The job postings are for quarantines of migrants and foreign sourced produce and animals... they oversee major ports of entry.

jobs.cdc.gov...

Public Health Advisor (Quarantine Program)
Apply Now
Job ID 14136286
Date posted 11/15/2019
Location Dallas, Texas, El Paso, Texas, Houston, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Anchorage, Alaska, Los Angeles, California, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, Miami, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia, Honolulu, Hawaii, Chicago, Illinois, Boston, Massachusetts, Detroit, Michigan, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Newark, New Jersey, New York, New York, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, San Juan
Department: Department of Health And Human Services
Agency: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Job Announcement Number: HHS-CDC-D3-20-10640010
SALARY RANGE: $51440.0 to $93077.0/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: 2019-11-15 to 2020-05-15
SERIES & GRADE: GS--9/11

Did CDC know about this back in November?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join