It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acne Cures?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
arc

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
aw poor thing

thankfully I never got bad acne as a teenager but remember even a small amount as being too much. I'm a bit wary of some of the stuff you can put on your face and even warier of any medication, but I found tea tree oil (if you don't react to it) to be great stuff for drying out spots and preventing infection if you can't resist picking them. And yes, lots of water, decent food, and possibly cutting down on dairy products will help too.

Also lavender oil is supposed to prevent scaring and that is very gentle on skin

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sweat does help clean your pores but be careful when using topical gels/creams. If you use perscription medications like Differin be careful not to overexpose yourself to the sun and to keep sweat to a minimum.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hey beast, you can try visiting a beautician. I did that when I was a teen and it worked. Only thing is that I never told anyone of my peers back then, for male macho teenage reasons...

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
ahh teenage acne i got it too cept I just gave up on trying to make it go away. I just wash my face to keep the oily stuff away, but acne is mostly a genetic thing so you can't always get rid of it

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well, I can see that a lot of people seem to be suggesting that diet can signifigantly change your acne problems, I however, do not believe this to be the case. I am 16 years old and have had problems with acne during my teens (although it seems to have been at bay for the past year or so), and thus have done much research on the subject and had perscription creams perscribed for me and the such. I read that acne is hardly (if at all) affected by diet, except for people who have bad reactions with epsom (sp?) salts, which can cause some flare-ups. I therorize that if u ate a oily burger, why would the oil be secreted out of your skin, or rather, why would it even hit your skin in the first place? I would think it would be either 1) stored as fat 2) burned away for energy or 3) go to the place where all waste goes (ya know what I'm saying). I further believe that diet can play a psychosomatic role on a person's acne as well. So lets say that Joe is eating at Burger King and while he is eating he thinks "Man I am gonna get a bunch of zits from this", but he keeps on eating anyways. Then when he wakes up the next morning, he looks at his face and sees the start of several large ones. He goes "Damn, I really shouldn't have done that, burgers cause zits" and from then on everytime he eats burgers he gets zits ('cause he believes so strongly burgers cause them...follow?).

I have popped my zits over my teenage years with no problems, besides making some worse then they were to begin with. I tried Retin-a micro for a few weeks, and while it did reduce my acne considerably, my face began severly peeling and I was outta school for a while. Anyways, I am tired and it's 2:50 AM where I am so I am gonna hit the sack. Hope my info helps.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Gotta hate breakouts
I'm 30 and still get breakouts, it really sux as I'm dealing with wrinkles, grey hair AND pimples! Grrr!

Someone mentioned antibiotics, and YES they do work! Whenever I've had to be on antibiotics, my skin always looks so clear. My ex had to have a permanent prescription for tetrocycline (sp?) for breakouts and it kept him from breaking out as bad. However, it does and will compromise your immune system over long periods of time of use..so I wouldn't really recommend it for long. Look for something herbal and cleansing of the inside of the body. Water is the best thing, as was mentioned here many times.

Also, if you are taking anything or putting anything on your face as a trial..give it time. Because you may break out worse at first by these things, only because they are bringing impurities to the surface of your skin, where by removing them..Good luck!

Magestica

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Antibiotics help but seem to be temporally and have bad side effects in the long run,

I have been doing a lot of resource off and online, and it is actually paying off. I searched over the internet for acne help and came up with all types of "funky" remedies from garlic and honey pastes to bathing in citric juices and though this remedies have been known to reduce acne, they all seem to be the same as the antibiotic counterpart which only is temporally effective. One remedy I found over the net that caught my attention was cleansing your liver. It gets rid of :

* Chronic Fatigue
*Excessive Weight around the Waist
*High blood pressure
*High Cholesterol
*Skin Problems
*Hair Problems
*Allergies and immune dysfunctions
*Asthma
*Arthritis
*Re-current infections
*Irritable bowel syndrome
*Constipation
*Headaches & Migraines
*Acne ( All types )

I have used this cleansing diet and magically my acne has gradually disappeared! If you want a step-by-step of the diet that I used please u2u me and I will be happily to explain.

Here is a forum dedicated to acne for future references to acne :

acneforum.cjb.net...

[Edited on 7/16/2003 by Beast4rmDaEast]

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hello all,

I have been doing a lot of resource off and online, and it is actually paying off. I searched over the internet for acne help and came up with all types of "funky" remedies from garlic and honey pastes to bathing in citric juices and though this remedies have been known to reduce acne, they all seem to be the same as the antibiotic counterpart which only is temporally effective. One remedy I found over the net that caught my attention was cleansing your liver. It gets rid of :

*Chronic Fatigue
*Excessive Weight around the Waist
*High blood pressure
*High Cholesterol
*Skin Problems
*Hair Problems
*Allergies and immune dysfunctions
*Asthma
*Arthritis
*Re-current infections
*Irritable bowel syndrome
*Constipation
*Headaches & Migraines
*Acne ( All types )

I have used this cleansing diet and magically my acne has gradually disappeared!

Well cleaning the liver is a simple process of eating right. I will give you a list of foods to eat and foods to avoid. But before I do you have to remember you have be dedicated and stick 100% to the diet. There are no side effects and you will see results in as little as a day or so. Don't overlack on sleep and always remember to have at least 8-10 hours of sleep. ( Acne healing occurs during sleep ) Always remember to drink at least 10-15 glasses of filtered water a day ( if the water is not filtered you can have an excessive lead poisoning and can result fatal to your health ) so make sure you buy a water filter. First things first during this diet don't use any acne medications prescribed to you by your doctor and when washing your face wash it with a gentle acne medicated oatmeal bar ( they can be found at riteaid for $3.99 ) and finely don't be really stressful during this procedure and always think positive.

Here are the foods to Avoid

* Deep Fried foods ( burgers,fries,onion rings etc.. Avoid fast food places.)

* Dairy Products ( Believe it or not Dairy products are not as innocent as we think they are, items like milk and yogurt are full of steroids and growth hormones that its not funny.. avoid using Dairy Products for at least a month to cleanse your liver from unwanted growth hormones.. )

* Processed Foods ( Chips, doughnuts, etc.. Don't eat anything that contains artificial processed foods. )

* Margarines and Spreads ( Don't eat Margarines and other type of spreads like butter they cause your liver to overwork in cleansing them. )

* Sugary Processed Drinks ( pepsi, coke, dr.pepper are all enemies to your liver and if drank can make your liver go out of control. BTW most carbonated drinks like pepsi is so high in pH level that highway patrol officers use them on freeways to clean blood stains. Would you want that in your body? Think before Drink! )

* Alcohol ( Avoid Alcohol, not only can it give you a bad hangover but it can even damage your liver for life. )

* Artificial Sweeteners ( They are packed full of empty carbs and can be as dangerous as Processed Drinks. )

* Salt ( Try to avoid and limit your salt intake, overdosing on salt can be dangerous and can cause acne to worsen. )

*Limit Chicken & Turkey ( same goes here as the milk, to many growth hormones..! )

*Salad Dressing ( avoid using salad dressing full of empty caliores, replace salad dressing with a lemon or lime. )

well.. that are all the foods to avoid... here are the foods that are considered to be part of your diet...

Intake :

*Water ( Drink as much of it as possible! water is the magical poition to clearing up your acne! it helps to detoxifies the liver!

*Lean Red Meat ( 3 times daily, this will be your protein intake during the diet, you can replace it by tuna if you don't like meat or if its to expensive. )

* Raw Fruit & Vegetable Juices ( Juices are very healthy, and detoxify your liver. They also provide your body with important minerals to sustain your bodily requirements. I highly recommend you to make your own juices with a juice maker. )

* Rice milk, Oat Milk, or Soy Milk ( They are full of the same nutrients as milk but without the excessive amounts of hormones. )

* Honey ( Use this as replacement for sugar, Even though honey is very healthy it should be limited. )

*Raw Fruit & Vegetable ( Not only are they very cheap they are very healthy and can add years to your life. Grapefruit mixed with Epson salt can help you detoxifies your liver also.. )

and that is basically it... oh and also don't eat after 10 pm your digestion system slows down at that time. If you need any further help or have any question to be answered you can email me or message me. Good luck !

Beast4rmDaEast,

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have read that eating Salmon helps alot!
Or any other deep sea fish,Tuna and Mackeral.......Grill or smoked or in Sushi(sashimi...raw).....

Eating Chocolate does not make you break out in pimples or Acne.......so if you enjoy chocolate , go ahead.

Like the others said plenty of water and sweating is good.......

Or alternatively,you can use raw garlic mashed with a bit of olive oil and make into a paste (dont use too much garlic it will burn the skin!)
Garlic kills bacteria and it does penetrate the skin.....so using too much can actually burn it and it will scar.....

Use honey and oatmeal to scrub the face and then wash off ......Yoghurt (not the flavoured type!)left on for a few minutes and then washed off makes the skin soft!

Another good oil for the face is ''carrot'' oil used with a carrier oil which is less irittant to the skin(olive ,sunflower,almond,or grapeseed oil) and massage into face and wash off.

Washing the face too much will make your skin dry out and it will produce more oils to stop it drying out too much.....so not frequent washing!
hope that helps!
helen

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
First go see a Dermatologist b/c you may have a different type of acne like Rosacea or something....

Is it really red? Anyway it is possible you are using too much stuff on your face. That will cause your oil glands to over-produce and expand pores that cause bigger pimples. do not dallop it on your face either, whatever you use. just a little dab.

You need to exfoliate your skin w/ a type of scrub just like FreeMason said. Use St.Ive's Apricot Scrub once or twice a week and Neutrogena Deep Clean Face Cloths (in yellow box) use cloths on both sides, rough side first, then soft side morning and night daily.

For on the spot treatment at night, use a small dab of Acnomel (should by next to clearasil stuff) at night.

IT WILL WORK!!

dont ever try pH balance cleansers b/c you dont know what pH the moisture is on YOUR skin....no fragrances, no cream cleansers unless you use scrub before it, do not TOUCH your face w/ your hands during the day unless you must.

Use an oil-free moisturizer during the day, preferrably w/ s.p.f. 15 or something, but a very thin layer, not too much at all. Neutrogena Pore Refiner lotion is good.

Sounds like you've got a midnight Wal-mart mission.

[Edited on 7-18-2003 by Isis Fibonacci]

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i hear there is a new pill on the market that works wonders. its supposed to be better than proactive but however there is one downfall and that is; it requiers anal penitration in other words u have to take the pill up your butt

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Stay out in the sun as often as possible

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The best preventative is to keep your hands off your face. I'm finding pimples and blackheads around my lips and the sides of my chin. I smoke regularly, and my hands often touch when I bring a cig to my mouth. Once I payed attention to touching my face, I realized how much I touch my face in other ways, like hiding my face or brushing my hair away. It's a trip because they all have a psychological root.

There also seems to be a connection with yeast and the foods that feed them. Food and sugar residues on the hands, transfered to the face, feed the ever-present yeast, which clog pores, causing tiny infections that fill with oil & puss.

My secret is aloe vera, fresh from the plant. Anti-fungal, anti-microbial, purges impurities, moisturizes, and heals. Just don't wear it in the sun until it has dried or been rubbed in completely. I did once, and it continued photosynthesizing. Nothing stranger than going in public with a green face.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join