It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acne Cures?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Any one know any acne cures, i am suffering from the dreaded teenage acne problem all around my cheecks and stuff, I have tried multiple amounts of acne mediations and nothing seems to work. Recently I subscribed to proactiv and instead of helping it made my acne worse!
any one know any home remedies or anything that can help in acne?

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
yeah, get on birth control pills

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
yeah, get on birth control pills

Seriously though, being not a woman, I found that washing my hands and my face quite often helped.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
when I got the slightest hint of acne, I'd just stop eating crisps, chips and anything else greasy.......stopped it all together for me!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Seriously, just get some kind of "abbrasive" sponge or pad or such, and just scrub and scrub your face in the shower, and shower like twice a day...don't like rub your skin off, just scrub hard, but it's not supposed to be like steel wool lol...but that is all you really need, give it about 2 weeks to show improvement...just don't rub the face raw but just scrub, you're getting all that dead skin and crap off, it also seems to aid your "healing process".

Vitamine E ointment helps heal fast too, and makes scars heal up if you got those anywhere so learn to use Vitamine E instead of that neosporin crap

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
not much you can do but change your diet and start taking vitamins.

its an internal problem, under the skin, no matter how much you wash your face, it wont all go away. mediction is out there. ask your dermatologist.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Have you spoken to your doctor about a referral to a dermatologist? In the past couple years, there have been several new acne medications that are taken by mouth.

Also, Phisoderm medicated soap (non-fragrance) works well for keeping oil build-up to a minimum. Pay close attention to your "T-zone" which consists of your forehead, eyebrows, nose, and chin. Blackheads are most likely to build-up in these areas due to the increased oil deposits.

To prevent scarring, try to avoid popping the really large acne sites. If you MUST pop them, be sure to clean the area with over-the-counter Hydrogen Peroxide, it will minimize scarring.

Its a normal part of growing up, but if it is causing you to feel self-conscious, go see a dermatologist!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Age is the only real cure I know of. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sorry, I gave bad advise. I am an old fart and still get acne. Stay away from the alcohol based treatments. All they do is dry out your skin. Honest advise is wash frequently and avoid fatty foods.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wash your face with eggs.
May sound funny but it works.
My grandma told me to do it, when i had a pimple once.
She said after a week it should help with the acne.
Does not hurt to try it out.
You can just cook the eggs right after and eat them with catsup.
Deep

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Drink lots and lots and lots of water.....

I am talking like 4 litres a day....It removes all the nasties in your body that are likely to cause acne....

Helped me when I was younger..although I was a little blessed and never got them too much...My brother had to go on drugs to help him.. but they made him VERY moody and he had a non existant fuse which used to explode quite frequently....

There are quite a few side effects to unti acne drugs...

Chris

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Have you tried prescription topicals? Like Differin etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm not kidding, just scrub your face with something like a net or one of those abbrasive pads, nothing like sandpaper, that will have MAJOR improvments regardless of hormones.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What a painful remedy. But if it works I suppose

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It can be a stress related acne too, if your anxious or stressed you should look at it.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If it is getting really bad see a dermatologist.
DO NOT PICK OR POP EM!
You could end up with scars.

What Freddie said is good too about staying away from the alcohol based treatments and I would add booze as well.

Drink just water and lay off cola and anything with grease in it or cooked with it.

Also do not eat rice it clogs up your pores.
But I recommend seeing a doctor that is a dermatologist.

Good luck kiddo!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sweat cleans out your pores aswell and allows oxygen to clean them.
Stay healthy and work out. Have a good diet.
The natural cure is always the best cure.
Deep

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Thanks for your tips guys, and as for scrubbing my face with a sponge I don't think that will be much pleasant and will aggravate the skin more, but what the heck I�ll try it along side with some vitamin e capsules...... never knew sweat helps get rid of acne to, keep feeding me feedback thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Drink loads of water!!!!! I mean, loads. Probably about 3 litres a day.

Water flushes all the impurities from your system and it will probably help your spots.

If you don't see any improvement, at least you are still keeping your insides healthy. But I'm sure you will.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This probably wont help but Anti-Malaria (Doxycycline)tablets help prevent Acne, because it is an anti-biotic. The only other thing that could really help is changing your diet like already mentioned before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join