It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT: Coronavirus is AIRBORNE and washing your hands will not protect you

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

It is still describing direct contact as six to eight feet is the range for wet heavy droplets.

Measles you can get just walking down a hallway someone with measles breathed in.
The particles are small enough to float.

Coronavirus cannot do that.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

FACT: The word "FACT" in a post title indicates that everything following that word is BS.

Wash your damn hands and stop touching your face.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: tjack
This thread is failing to monger the fear it was seemingly intended to rouse.

It's NOT an "airborne" disease in the context of infectious diseases, and washing your hands WILL protect you from the most common vectors.

That you keep railing against these facts is entertaining.

The fact that you did not bother to read how the virus mostly spreads is entertaining for me, no mention of handshakes here but rather virus particles landing near the mouth and nose:

The new coronavirus spreads mostly mostly person-to-person contact within about a 6-foot (1.8 meters) radius, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). People with COVID-19, which is the disease caused by the coronavirus, spread viral particles through coughing and sneezing. The particles can land in the mouths or noses of those nearby.

Sometimes fear is justified in the face of the alternatives.

-MM

Hmmm... maybe my reading skill isn't what it once was, let me see...hmmm....

It says mostly spread by person to person contact. Hmmm...these words...mostly and contact...I shall ponder them awhile.

And what's this? It can spread by particles landing in the nose or mouth. I think I get that straight away.

Ok enough snark, I'm all out. What it means is an infectious person is emitting a small radius cloud of contaminated material. While some of it can land directly on entry points, nose, eyes, mouth, most of the cloud ends up coating nearby objects, which are then touched by your hands, which is why we need to do what more often? Anybody? Bueller?

Wrong. Person to person contact. Like when you meet the new guy at the office and you shake lungs.

It's also spread on toilet seats so everybody should start making those little tp seat covers. Don't hear the media telling you about that. Shills.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Droplets.. That's direct contact.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

That is describing direct contact.

Airborne means no contact. Breathe in the virus that is floating in the air.
A sneeze is kinetic not floating in the air.
This is NOT airborne in that sense like say TB is.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yeah if someone sneezes in your direction.

I'm out of this discussion.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
if the COVID does not have an Airborne Infection ability...
Explain how many dozens of new cases pop up hundreds of miles away in persons that were self isolated or had no contact with other persons from COVID saturated communities

I guess we will need a comprehensive blockchain ledger history of every product ever produced to be able to vouch for the pathogen free status of everything made or sold or traded

I wrote a post days ago which addressed the Airborne capability of CV to remote locals or persons
the Jet Stream is one such airborne highway to get spread world-wide in no time at all
the forces which developed the 'novel' CV strain are not Natural but super-natural, in my book

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

How to explain? Sick people touch things with their nasty little hobbit fingers and not-sick people touch things and then touch their face with their nasty little hobbit fingers.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It is referred to as particle-borne.

It needs attach itself to something. Like a raindrop. It falls to a surface quickly.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The washing your hands crap all over in the healthcare of this country is stupid. The virus is airborn, as soon as you touch anything or even walk into a store it will be in the air and get on your hand. Viruses have a charge on them that is attracted to humans. They also say not to touch your face, your face is in contact with the air. They believe that we are all stupid and if you wash our bodies protective layer off of our skin, it will be worse actually. Humans excrete enzymes and anti-microbial chemistry from our skin, washing it off is bad. Now, I can see washing your hands more often if you are at more of a risk, like in a hospital or place where there are lots of sick people. But humans do have an immune system, we are not helpless, when our immune system is interfered with, then we have to worry more.

I am not on any meds that block my immune response, the only time I will take Benedryl is when I have a real bad reaction to something in the environment that is causing me some problems. I eliminated bananas, that helped. I eliminated green peppers and cantalope in high risk times, they have some of the chemistry of ragweed, so I do not eat them when ragweed pollen is around. But remember, if they trigger a reaction, they boost immunity, so I will not give up green peppers or some melons that contain this chemistry, they can help me boost an immune response if needed. I just put them in mild consumption. Now the Banana, it cross reacts with potatoes and some other veggies that are better than bananas for nutrition. I just gave those up so I do not react to my latex in my underwear, that is different than how the ragweed allergy could help. I also have a problem with tomatoes, they seem to boost my histamine too high, but histamine is an immune system chemical too, so I can see some benefit for me to eat them when I need them.

I have found a lot of things that at first seem bad but then I find a use for them from studying pharma and plant defense chemistry. So I no longer think what I initially thought was bad is always bad. Sometimes it can be beneficial under the right conditions. Tomatoes increase histamine levels, sometimes that is beneficial, sometimes it is really bad.

Strangely when I discovered how these things work, I am no longer afraid of microbes that much, yes, you have to lower risk, like staying away from sick people as much as possible. If the Corona virus is around here, I sure the hell do not want to be going shopping every day, We are stocked up to lower our risk of exposure and if enough people stock up beforehand, there will not be as much of a shortage for those who are not stocked up when the SHTF. They will have more chance of getting food, I will only maybe need some milk and some eggs or something. I get my eggs from some people who raise chickens, so that will not take away from those who go to the stores, but I will probably only be able to get a few dozen every two weeks instead of the eight dozen I get because I am sure that she would want to supply some other people too. You may say....eight dozen...that can't be good, but I have two daughters with families and one granddaughter with a family, so that is for four families.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Read this article guys and gals. It talks about antibodies in eggs. This article is about cows, but applies to humans as well. It is the basis of growing antibodies for vaccines. If that chicken has had the coronavirus, it will pass antigens in it's eggs. Now when the chickens get sick here in America, they kill them off, even if the chickens might survive. If they survive, their eggs then contain antibodies, over easy eggs would have more than scrambled overcooked eggs.

Now this is a new virus, so chickens might not have antibodies to it, but they will have antibodies to the bird flu if they have had it. Taking care of your chickens instead of just killing them when they sneeze is beneficial. But that means that chickens won't produce as many eggs, and older chickens have more antigens we can benefit by....they are often killed because the cost of feeding them cannot produce eggs to sell cheaply though. but they make decent chicken soup, any chicken that has lived longer will have more antigens in the meat to pass on, but they are tougher even though they are more flavorful. At boiling temperatures, there is not too bad a degradation of antigens, but over baked they are destroyed. So, find a supplier of old laying hens for your soup, the soup is full of flavors, same with beef, the older the cow, the more tasty the beef, after two years it kind of maxes out, they get tougher when they get older and are out in the fields.

Oops, forgot to link the article. www.progressivedairy.com...
edit on 7-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It's not airborne per-say but coughing and sneezing can spread the Covid 19 virus via droplets that contain the pathogen.

Its not "The Stand" just yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
It is referred to as particle-borne.

It needs attach itself to something. Like a raindrop. It falls to a surface quickly.

A raindrop ... you know as things get smaller the air has a larger effect on them your trying to compare a boulder to a speck of dust and saying they fall out of the sky at the same rate

The little droplets u get from a cough can stay suspended in air for up to 10 minutes indoors outside with wind who knows

www.sciencefocus.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's not airborne per-say but coughing and sneezing can spread the Covid 19 virus via droplets that contain the pathogen.

Its not "The Stand" just yet.

A sneeze can project sneeze droplets up to 200 ft. there's no escape. Even wearing one of those masks won't help because eventually you will touch that mask to adjust it....uh oh.

slate.com...

edit on 7-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I dont see anything wrong with some speculation and discussing of thoughts. No one should be taking what is said here to be official professional medical advice, however more credible or legit that would even be anyway. But most certainly recent years have required me to start questioning many things i took on faith and trust from people deemed "authorities," of whom have proven to not be trustworthy. And the nature of this current situation is that not even the authorities know the full nature of what we are dealing with.

So when it comes to whether it is airborne or not? I think it most certainly should be classified as airborne, from my observations. I do think the level and speed of spread can only be explained by that. I do not know the full context of what is meant by the virus being spread by "droplets," this could just mean that that is the main mode of transmission, but it also may be able to attach to other things like simple dust. I do not see why not, and we can all see how easily dust blows around in the air.

This though leads into certain claims about the effectiveness or lack thereof of masks. Because if it's not airborne masks would still be effective, even surgical masks, because they presumably would be stopping the "droplets" from entering your nose and mouth wouldnt they, especially if someone coughed on you? Some people have claimed they wont work because they arent air sealed, or just that most people wouldnt put them on properly so that they would be air sealed, but why would that matter if it wasn't airborn?

It's just a whole lot of inconsistent advice coming from many avenues, specifically professional avenues. And yes washing of hands is mainly a thing that can only be done once home, beyond that your hands are moving through the air and touching many things, and you are not going to be able to wash your hands every 5 seconds. At least it isnt really practical for many peoples normal daily jobs/activities.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

washing your hands will not protect you

Absolutely false.

My point is this, the mainstream media only focusing on their mantra "wash your hands" makes the impression that the disease is harmless

It does not make the impression that the disease is harmless. Washing one's hands is the single best and most important thing one can do when transmission is from inanimate objects (door handles, phones, faucets, armrests, counters, etc) where the virus can remain alive and active after an infected person has touched or sneezed on or near it, and until a non-sick person comes in contact with it and transmits it to his/herself.

THAT is why hand washing is so important, and washing is not over-hyped.

Wash your FN hands.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It is still describing direct contact as six to eight feet is the range for wet heavy droplets.

Measles you can get just walking down a hallway someone with measles breathed in.
The particles are small enough to float.

Coronavirus cannot do that.

Close contact can occur while caring for a patient, including:
being within approximately 6 feet (2 meters) of a patient with COVID-19 for a prolonged period of time.
having direct contact with infectious secretions from a patient with COVID-19. Infectious secretions may include sputum, serum, blood, and respiratory droplets.
If close contact occurs while not wearing all recommended PPE, healthcare personnel may be at risk of infection.
CDC Link

Any ATSer can easily read between the lines: If you stand next to an infected person for 13 milliseconds ... you've got a 6-in-10 chance of becoming infected.

How easily the virus spreads
How easily a virus spreads from person-to-person can vary. Some viruses are highly contagious (spread easily), like measles, while other viruses do not spread as easily. Another factor is whether the spread is sustained, spreading continually without stopping.

The virus that causes COVID-19 seems to be spreading easily and sustainably in the community (“community spread”) in some affected geographic areas. Another CDC read-between-the lines 'admission'

A possible difference: COVID-19 might be spread through the airborne route (see details below under Differences).Hopkins Link

Fact: The size of COVID-19's smallest particles are 0.06 microns, and the largest are 0.14 microns.
Fact: The size of Measles is + or - .12 microns.

It's airborne ... whether your government wants to admit it or not.

edit on 7-3-2020 by Deplorable because: REEEEEEEEEEE

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't imagine masks will work much considering the average person touches there face 3 times a minute, nevermind have their hands come into contact with all sorts of surfaces that could potentially contain the Covid 19 pathogens.

But the virus does not affix itself to the Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, nor Carbon Dioxide molecules that make up our atmosphere, hence its not airborne in that manner.
edit on 7-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't imagine masks will work much considering the average person touches there face 3 times a minute, nevermind have their hands come into contact with all sorts of surfaces that could potentially contain the Covid 19 pathogens.

But the virus does not affix itself to the Oxygen, Nitrogen, Argon, nor Carbon Dioxide molecules that make up our atmosphere, hence its not airborne in that manner.

Prevention is the key to staying healthy....especially from a marketing standpoint. A new industry in the making.....

I wonder if the market is ready for "vitamin prevention packets" especially formulated for cov19, that you can put into your bottled water

Or spray squeeze bottles you can squirt up your nose.
edit on 7-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I tend to agree with that assessment.

Short of washing one's hands every 3 mins or so i really don't see it having much impact on the spread of Covid 19 all the same.

And will probably turn out to be one hell of an expensive habit.

End of the day the virus will run its course just like any other pathogen, as its kind of what they do.
edit on 7-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join