It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Norway and others intentionally faking their Corona virus death count?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Now THATS ironic.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

n - thats accurate - deal ith it

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

there are 2 types of people

those who comprehend statistics

you

I have a univ. degree in maths, statistics compromising a large part of my courses, so I would say I have a pretty good understanding of it.

-MM

As you say you have a uni degree you are able to understand what exactly is measured right?

The world is not capable of measuring all suspected cases. So in the severely effected countries you get tested when you are at risk, not when you have symptoms but seem to manage. Then you're ordered to stay home, infected but not measured and not in the stats.

It's the same in Norway, you're only tested if you are at risk, only people that have travelled to abroad in an infected region and show Coronavirus symptoms are tested - or those that have been in direct contact with someone that has been infected in Norway. Source: Learn to use Google Search engine.

-MM

Taking one statistical number and extrapolate it onto a local region and scream wrong implies you take the statistical number as static while we are still exploring this as it is too new and too fresh hence the numbers (percentages to be clear for you) keep changing. It's gonna take a while before we know the true numbers.

Good luck though and welcome to my Legion.

Get educated. Extrapolating worldwide statistics and applying the data to local areas is common - many of the larger universities does virology corona prediction daily, here is a Nature magazine article on just that:

www.nature.com...

You, sir,/mam/gender neutral person, has been served and defeated.

-MM
edit on 6-3-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

"Yeah"

(post by ignorant_ape removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Learn to use Google Search engine.

So Google is the Ultimate source of all data? That might be part of the issue.

Google would never censor anything.....

Are you claiming that my numbers of 100,000 people infected and 3,400 people dead are lies, here is a link that proves that YOU ARE a lier.

news.sky.com...

-MM

100,000 KNOWN infections and 3,400 KNOWN deaths.

You think those numbers are fully accurate? What is you level of certainty of those figures?

China's central province of Hubei, excluding the provincial capital Wuhan (the epicentre of the outbreak), has reported no new cases of coronavirus over 24 hours for the first time.

There were 126 new cases in Wuhan.

You think those are accurate?
edit on 6-3-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

(post by Dumbass removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

So, first my numbers where wrong because I use Google, then, when I present to you a link to the same numbers from a credible news source; the official data is suddenly wrong - I really don't know how I can help you here, perhaps you should call the WHO (or a psychologist).

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Can't we all just get along?

As for Norway and their pined for fjords, fudging at this point would be detrimental down the road ...so maybe their lower pop density and better health care has an impact? Perhaps they know plain ol' vit c can mitigate a viral infection?

Dunno, as I am deficient in many ways and statistics rank high in personal deficiencies ... up there with manners and the conjugationism of certain verbages.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

This was actually a reasonal argument, you caught me by surprise now. But, people usually get seriously sick a period before they die from the infection, and as I said, the officials claim there no seriously sick of the infected population.

-MM
edit on Fri Mar 6 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
and reply to: MerkabaMeditation

What I've tried to explain to you multiple times is the recorded numbers of infected probably are very low. There are almost a certainty of there being far more than 100k infected world wide.

You take such numbers as Gospel. For someone claiming a math and statistics background, you should be wary of the uncertainty factor of the data.

For the final time from me: Do you think the total number of Infected people is accurate?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I base my statistics on the officially reported numbers of Coronavirus infections and deaths, so that argument is not applicable here(although you are totally correct in regards to underreported data).

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Do you think the actual number of infected is more than 100k?

If so, how much more?
Remember China's population and population density.

All your other percents depend on this one variable.

Also, one would expect 1st World Countries to have higher survival rates. For example you can't compare Iran and their late response and lower standard of care, to Norway's.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If so, how much more?

Hard to know, there have been some reseach on this that seems find that the number of infected people are a lot higher due to the speed of spread.

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF?

Many of the tracking websites are not subtracting out those who have recovered. Their agenda is to make the virus look as bad as possible, for one reason or another.
edit on Fri Mar 6 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

If so, how much more?

Hard to know, there have been some reseach on this that seems find that the number of infected people are a lot higher due to the speed of spread.

-MM

Exactly....

We don't know.

200k infections becomes a 1.7% mortality rate.
400k infections becomes a 0.8%.

It's a serious virus, but not as deadly as 3%.

It sounds like Iran isn't reporting actual numbers of deaths either so it works both ways. I'm positive some deaths by CV haven't been reported as such.

We need more accurate numbers.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Another good question: What IS the recovery rate of this? Again, we will need to break it down demographically.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If so, how much more?

-MM

Exactly....

It sounds like Iran isn't reporting actual numbers of deaths either so it works both ways. I'm positive some deaths by CV haven't been reported as such.

Iran is also at nearly 3% mortality rate; they have 4,747 infected and 124 are dead from Coronavirus, equals 2.6% mortality rate. The same mortality rate percentage pops up all over the world, locally and worldwide - with the exception of some countries, like Norway, which have 0% serioulsy sick and 0% mortality rate.

-MM

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

If so, how much more?

-MM

Exactly....

Iran is also at nearly 3% mortality rate; they have 4,747 infected and 124 are dead from Coronavirus, equals 2.6% mortality rate. The same mortality rate percentage pops up all over the world, locally and worldwide - with the exception of some countries, like Norway, which have 0% serioulsy sick and 0% mortality rate.

-MM

Iran's cases and number of deaths can't be considered accurate. hell they lied about shooting down a plane you think they're not going to lie to their own people about up a virus? actual numbers of cases are probably far higher and there's probably a higher death count. Unfortunately we don't know the real numbers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join