It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC, Brian Williams, and NY Times reporter Mara Gay all fail spectacularly at third grade math

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Brian Williams and NY Times writer Mara Gay think that you can take $500 million and give over 300 million people $1 million each.

YouTube

And this could not have been something spur of the moment. They had graphics ready to go for the segment. This was thought out beforehand!
One of the most spectacular fails of the media in the last 4 years!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

Dan Bongino Tweeted this story last night. I couldn't believe it.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yeah.. What gets me is at least a half dozen people had to work on that segment before they went on air with it. Besides the on air "talent" and his guest, there were the graphics people, producers, writers, editors. All these people had eyes on this before they went on air, and they all couldn't do simple math. And it was all based on a tweet by someone nobody ever heard of before!

And they all failed at simple math! This was a media failure of monumental proportions. And the best part is, MSNBC walked right into it. Nobody pushed them. The rest of the media is going to have a hard time topping this one... tho I'm sure they will as we get closer to the election.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
She is on the fvcking editorial board of the NY Times. She said the math is "disturbing". No. The only thing disturbing is she is on the editorial board of one of the biggest media companies with....wait for it: NO BACKGROUND IN JOURNALISM.

She has a degree in political science. No math skills, no editing skills, no journalism skills so this is not even a mistake. She is just plain ignorant and uneducated and pretending to be something she is not. Glad she is getting totally embarrassed.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They really didn't "fail" by normal definitions.

This was perfectly planned by the network to instill false information into voters 😃

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
She is on the fvcking editorial board of the NY Times. She said the math is "disturbing". No. The only thing disturbing is she is on the editorial board of one of the biggest media companies with....wait for it: NO BACKGROUND IN JOURNALISM.

She has a degree in political science. No math skills, no editing skills, no journalism skills so this is not even a mistake. She is just plain ignorant and uneducated and pretending to be something she is not. Glad she is getting totally embarrassed.

I doubt she's embarrassed. To be embarrassed you need to have shame. These people have none.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

I doubt she's embarrassed. To be embarrassed you need to have shame. These people have none.

Oh, she is totally embarrassed. Now the whole country knows she is an idiot and only got hired because she is black and female. I have worked with people like her before. I end up doing my job and their job just to keep the sham going for HR demographic statistics.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
That was almost hard to watch. It's not just math it's an ignorance to monitory values. They literally see 500 million dollars as 500 million 1 million dollar bills.

Brian needs to just go back to doing what he does best...

Giving us good sound bites to cut together into 90's rap songs...

edit on 6-3-2020 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
they should all lose their voting rights.

If you're that dumb, you should lose your right to # over everyone else like have for years.
edit on 6-3-2020 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
they should all lose their voting rights.

If you're that dumb, you should lose your right to # over everyone else like have for years.

Epic fail!
Might as well include about 60% of the general population if "dumb" excludes one from voting!

edit on 6-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Imagine how many people had to see that and believe it for it to make it on air.

Just goes to show these leftist talking heads will believe anything that comes across their twitter feed without a single second of self analysis.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Even if Bloomberg and ever other billionaire in the US gave all their money to Bernie or Warren it would still not be enough to cover 1/20th of their plans. Not even close. They are talking about spending TRILLIONS and don't even know for certain how many trillions. Every study done is all over the place.

They also leave out one fact; nobody gets away with taking money from billionaires without severe consequences. Bernie Bros say well, maybe so but we have to try. It has been tried many times and it ALWAYS fails.

It's crap reporting like this that focuses on the "horror" of billionaires wealth and not on the horror of what happens when trying to take it.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

They also leave out one fact; nobody gets away with taking money from billionaires without severe consequences. Bernie Bros say well, maybe so but we have to try. It has been tried many times and it ALWAYS fails.

Well, letting them pay less % than the great unwashed doesn't seem fair..unless you're a billionaire.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

To be fair, MSNBC fact checkers work exclusively on checking Trump statements only.

.....They would need at least 2 extra Fact Checkers for Brian Williams alone, let alone the New York Times.

The scary part is that NO One at MSNBC pumped the brakes on this.

edit on 6-3-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What did you expect from the Lamestream media? they're only Parrots on the payroll.....

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
60% ???? you're kidding.

more like 90% at least.

90% of people should not have the right to vote due to being too stupid in my opinion.

There needs to be a test.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Math and liberals are like oil and water....

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They are just pandering to their stupid base.

Progressives hate math because it exposes their BS.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The intellectual class. Tell I who 2 vote 4 plz

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The leftists on this site are still trying to work out what part of the equation is incorrect

They’re thick

All of them

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join