It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Democrats Hate Putin? Putin Proposes to Enshrine God, Heterosexual Marriage in Constitution!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Has Waterglass outed themselves as a Russian plant? 🤔 They're really Putin' in the work.

I'd tell you to quit Stalin and speak your mind but you did.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Has Waterglass outed themselves as a Russian plant? 🤔 They're really Putin' in the work.

I'd tell you to quit Stalin and speak your mind but you did.

Seemed like Krusch-ial info.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

You get high Marx from me on that one.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

There are slaves mentioned throughout the bible and they used the bible to justify slavery.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That secularism that has destroyed so much of the West had to come because Christianity/ religion was to powerful
It is the pendulum swinging
Christianity, for all its good became a law, a religion forced on people when it is a choice not a command

God gave humanity free choice, christianity can’t force against what God has given freely, it’s force not love

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

It’s not just the church who has issues with rampant sexual abuse.
That’s a strawman

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That’s a strawman

It doesn't matter. It still contributed in a huge way to people no longer attending churches.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

That and it's all about guilt and control.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

That’s a strawman

It doesn't matter. It still contributed in a huge way to people no longer attending churches.

There are plenty of atheist secularists who abuse kids, didn’t argue with why people leave the church
Don’t pretend child abuse is just a church issue, non believers have a big list of sex abuse as well

Denying that are you? Really, that would be stupid atsbhtc

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

That’s a strawman

There are plenty of atheist secularists who abuse kids, didn’t argue with why people leave the church
Don’t pretend child abuse is just a church issue, non believers have a big list of sex abuse as well

Denying that are you? Really, that would be stupid atsbhtc

No one is denying that. You're just making up dialogue to suit your agenda.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's amazing how many people that believe a government using its power to provide healthcare to all of its citizens is evil also believe that it's a good thing for a government to dictate morality based off a single ideology.

I wonder if these people have actually read the Bible/understand Christ's message.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'd like to remind everyone that "separation of church and state" is only supposed to stop the government from creating laws that require it's citizens to be a member a particular religion to have full citizen's rights.

Atheism is not a religion, but the government can't make a law that deny atheists a marriage license. Homosexuality is not a religion, no sexual preference is a religion, so I believe that the government could make "marriage" a straights only deal as long as there was another law allowing non-straight couples a legal union with the same terms. This would be merely be a legal definition, not denying rights based on any religious beliefs.

Marriage is culturally an institution that bound the man and the woman legally because of the interests of the extended family as well as the couple and their future family unit. Being natural for humans to procreate and being no birth control, marriage was pretty much exclusive to a male and female couple. Now a days a non-straight couple can form a family unit and they certainly would involve the legal interests of their extended families. So the situation is basically the same with any marriage.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

So you're arguing that homosexuals should be treated as "separate but equal" under the law? I think there's quite a few people in this country that can tell you how that has worked out in the past.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You should keep goddamned religion out of goddamned politics.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Just goes to show that the United States is more of a free country than Russia, even post-"PATRIOT" Acts.

I don't need government to tell me what I can/should/am allowed to believe. If I did, it certainly wouldn't mean much.

I'll take the US version of freedom of religion. Practice what you want, or don't. Government has no business regulating it.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

Exactly, they intentionally put forth the separation of church and state.

Heck, the general public even had fears of electing JFK (a Catholic) over concerns that the Vatican might then be running the U.S. from abroad.

The separation was not to keep religion out of politics but to keep politics out of religion. We need to remember the vast majority were very religious and they came from a county with a state run religion and that is what they were trying to prevent happening in America.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

So go start your own thread on another topic. I am writing about Democrats, God and Putin.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There are slaves mentioned throughout the bible and they used the bible to justify slavery.

Correct but your referring to the Hebrews who were enslaved in Egypt by Pharaoh? Right? Then Moses led them out of Egypt as God promised them Holy land. Right?

Over a thousand years after Abraham, the Jews were living as slaves in Egypt. Their leader was a prophet called Moses. Moses led the Jews out of slavery in Egypt and led them to the Holy Land that God had promised them. The escape of the Jews from Egypt is remembered by Jews every year in the festival of Passover.Jul 6, 2009 Religions - Judaism: Moses - BBC www.bbc.co.uk › religion › religions › judaism › history › moses_1

Right

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Leviticus, Deuteronomy, and Exodus all condone slavery as long as the slave is not a male Israelite.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Pardon me but have you ever come out of the political closet? What I mean you are a Democrat right? I mean whenever something is written that you disagree with instead of debate all you do is yell and scream to get out, leave the country, go to church, etc.

I attached several factual documented stories that support the title. Yet you attack the writer who put all the MSM writers articles together as one.

Why is it you have free roam to go against all of the written mantras, procedures and rules. Deny Ignorance right?

Or has the word God set you off?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join