It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officers on video beating and kicking unarmed black man while he screams for help and cries

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The initial cop with the suspect looks like a minority to me.

More than 1 of the responding cops were black.

Explain to me how they are racist.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

What if he ran because he had a bag of weed or was simply terrified of Police?

The Police put him in that position, and at the end of the day, that's pretty clear.

And a hell of a way to go about it, plus if he had a gun i imagine they would have blown his brains out from behind.

What if Police are simply a shower of bastards since we are playing the "What if" game?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The Police put him in that position, and at the end of the day, that's pretty clear.

The police didn’t put him in the position of committing a crime and then running from them. So....no.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You know, some cops will probably be killed because of this video.
People will be fearful, they will shoot first

Serves them right

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
and in that moment...you lost him.

Too bad for him, not illegal.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It wasn't a Rodney King event by no means. The title is hype in this case. They detained an unrelenting suspect and that's about it. Just happened to be video of the incident.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just imagine if he was smoking a vape or tobacco instead of a joint... He would have been shot immediately..

But seriously...
You run from cops and that's when bad things happen.
It never starts..

Yes officer.
He's my ID officer.
Have a nice day...

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I didn’t see any officer kick or punch him. What I see is a man who was not still or quiet for a moment. He was getting increasingly agitated and his friend who recorded it was egging him on. Then when all the other officers arrive and try to cuff him, he starts struggling, and screaming like they’re killing him. He knew he was being recorded and put up a big show for the benefit of the camera.

This kind of behavior is increasingly common, because a lot of people, especially young ones, and a lot of black ones, believe they don’t have to follow the law or obey police officers.

And they know video cameras are carried by just about everyone now, and bystanders love to record the police while trying to do their dangerous, thankless jobs.

Thank God for the police, even though there are some bad ones (with 800,000 LEOs there will be some bad ones). You couldn’t pay me enough to deal with the very worst things known to be happening, and the very worst people in our society.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Serves them right

You are a coward with that last line.
Let me guess some self professed bad ass wanna be criminal right?

I'll apply your ridiculous logic going the other way.

You know , some possible criminals will be probably be killed because of this video.
Cops will be fearful, they will shoot first.

Serves them right.

Yah..Sounds just as stupid as your post.
edit on 6-3-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

why is it racism?

where is the rest of the video?

did the guy commit a crime?

why did she stop filiming the officer at the time he was brought down?

why the f was he arguing with the officer and didnt STFU?

this sh1t is why police brutality wont get addressed , they take the easy way out and prematurely assume racism instead of looking at police training, compensation, qualifications, work hours, mental state, background, mkney, cry wolf, etc.

whute people are also victims of Police brutality it just doesn't get the attention.

edit on 41331America/ChicagoFri, 06 Mar 2020 10:41:34 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnarley

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: Gnarley

originally posted by: sine.nomine
The video doesn't show anything before the plain clothes officer was already there. The filmer was correct to ask "am I being detained." If he says yes, don't resist. Lawyer up. At least him telling you why would help you in court if you truly didn't do anything wrong.

Police should be trained better in cuffing someone when it's 6 on 1 though. That doesn't help most situations and they know most citizens will screw something up. The guy had his hands up regardless of strafing back and forth.

Maybe they got a police report about him. Maybe it was wrong. Lawyer up. Don't resist.

Just the way it is, unfortunately. There are plenty of videos where people handle these situations better and don't get violently thrown to the ground.

Sadly, in a world denied any sentiment of true justice, this is exactly the way to go...

Akin to being told "Shhhh.. Shhhhh just let it happen... " before being molested, and then having to take it down a legal avenue.

This... is not a world I want to exist in. Miscreant pedestrians are met with barbaric policy enforcers, and innocent victims are left wondering wtf just happened.

Well if any actual criminal could choose any point of their altercation with police, they could all point to a 2 min section of them saying "I didn't do anything! I didn't do anything" and we'd just solve all crime that way?

None of what you just responded with makes any sense in the context of what I said. None.

But this casual acceptance of overt barbarism is something I find completely abhorrent.

FYI, the woman who recorded this posted this on her twitter.

I see. So he breaks a law and then plays the police brutality card. He’s yet another “victim.” The woman recording thinks the suspect shouldn’t have to obey that particular law. So typical. If you don’t like a law you don’t have to obey it and the police are racist brutes for enforcing it.

I happen to agree that weed should be legalized, but I know it’s illegal in Texas and if I get caught with it I’ll have to pay the price. I frequently drive over the speed limit, but if I get caught, I’ll tell the officer “you got me” and hope he’ll let me off with a warning. If he doesn’t, well I knew the risks.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So breaking the law results in the beating and kicking of an unarmed man whilst on the floor screaming for help???!!!

What's the point in even having laws if Police are going to be dealing out justice in such a manner?

That's barbarism period perfectly illustrated for all to see imho.

At what point do you observe kicking or beating? I see a bunch of cops trying to control a wildly thrashing idiot screaming like he’s being murdered. Seriously, when did they kick or beat him? I find this absolutely fascinating.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Serves them right
You mean it will serve a perfectly innocent cop right if someone shoots him because of this video? Wow. You must think every one of the 800,000 LEOs in America deserves to die. Some cops are actually good people you know, but you don’t seem to care which of them gets shot. “Serves them right.” Just wow.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What if he ran because he had a bag of weed or was simply terrified of Police?

And a hell of a way to go about it, plus if he had a gun i imagine they would have blown his brains out from behind.

What if Police are simply a shower of bastards since we are playing the "What if" game?

What if he ran because he was a criminal and knew that getting caught would result in severe punishment.

By running and not complying he put himself in that position, at the end of the day, that's pretty clear.

And a hell of way to go about it, plus if he had a gun I imagine he could have pulled and used it on the responding officers.

What if criminals are simply a waste of flesh that burden society since we are playing the "What if" game?

How is what I said any different, less likely or less applicable then what you said?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnarley
Looked kinda bright for 7pm for that to be the same video at this time of year. Especially on East Coast. That's all I'm saying.

Perhaps someone has a direct link to that NYPD statement.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I watched a black man get horribly harassed and violated.

He had it coming.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

Serves them right
You mean it will serve a perfectly innocent cop right if someone shoots him because of this video? Wow. You must think every one of the 800,000 LEOs in America deserves to die. Some cops are actually good people you know, but you don’t seem to care which of them gets shot. “Serves them right.” Just wow.

Sounds harsh doesn’t it, “serves them right”
Self regulate, police should step up and demand justice.
Stay quiet and they are just endorsing police brutality

Sorry it upsets you but if you stand for the law and deny helping the innocent it will reflect on you, serves them right

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Serves them right

You are a coward with that last line.
Let me guess some self professed bad ass wanna be criminal right?

I'll apply your ridiculous logic going the other way.

You know , some possible criminals will be probably be killed because of this video.
Cops will be fearful, they will shoot first.

Serves them right.

Yah..Sounds just as stupid as your post.

If you think so
But as I said.
Police are supposed to stop crimes and criminals.

This reflects badly on every cop who doesn’t stand up and say it’s wrong and they won’t, thick as thieves

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

There you go... It's an election year, time for democrats to pretend like they're there for blacks.

Do black lives matter? Hell yeah black lives matter! Until it comes to power, that belongs to those old white men on the left. They'll toss out a few scraps for the blacks to fight over though. The 80's hit describes the democrats relationship to the black community perfectly...

"Why do you keep a comin' around playing with my heart?
Why don't cha get out of my life and let me make a brand new start?
Let me get over you the way you gotten over me, yeah, yeah
Set me free why don't cha babe
Get out my life why don't cha babe (ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
'Cause you don't really love me
You just keep me hangin' on
No, you don't really need me
You just keep me hangin' on"

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Imagine a president immediately taking one side over the other. Especially a president taking the side of a law breaking citizen. That would be bad wouldn't it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join