It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officers on video beating and kicking unarmed black man while he screams for help and cries

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Police would be better off searching the perp for other items or objects rather than assaulting the fellow if indeed that was the case.

It's standard to run from Police in this day of age given there overt totalitarian manner and response.

If you stand there, it don't even matter if you have committed a crime, because they will find one if so inclined to do so.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

BTW, that literal series events happened when we were also 19. Cops shined a light on us, we said whatever ya got us, then were told to leave because it was just a joint and we were respectful.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

The guy pretty clearly resisted arrest and refused to cooperate. I don't care what skin color you are, when they go to handcuff you and you fight them they are going to fight back.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Police would be better off searching the perp for other items or objects rather than assaulting the fellow if indeed that was the case.

It's standard to run from Police in this day of age given there overt totalitarian manner and response.

If you stand there, it don't even matter if you have committed a crime, because they will find one if so inclined to do so.

How are they supposed to search him when he's flailing and kicking after having already fled once?

And no it's not standard to run from police. That's absurd.

And they were busted before the police got there. He could've just been a normal person and taken his fine.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

He can be restrained and searched without kicking the crap out of him, Police are trained to do just that.

Standard where i hail from to run from Police, even when i was a kid, and nothings changed that much other than the attitude of Police.

He should have taken the fine rather than the beating, that's a given.

Lucky he was not shot in the back whilst trying to escape really as stranger things have been known to happen where Police are concerned.

edit on 6-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
Really ?

Yeah, really. If I'm not being detained for suspicion of committing a crime I would ask to be on my way. That's how the law works.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

He can be restrained and searched without kicking the crap out of him, Police are trained to do just that.

yeah..it easy when you watch it on TV. There is multitude of reasons why cops have to be careful and firm when dealing with suspects. Many have died by the hand of a suspect, for being too relaxed about their duty.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Someone is full of.....

So two guys are walking in a park blazing a blunt in a state where pot is illegal. One gets away, the other gets confronted by an undercover cop. The suspect:
- Failure to identify
- Resists arrest

I didn't see where police beat this guy though that many cops on one guy is pretty excessive but all this means is that the cops there are pansies. No they didn't break the law and no they didn't beat him. At least from the vid that I've seen.

oh yeah....

Looks like someone is also quite possibly distributing drugs.

"You arrested him for a joint"?

Here I thought people got arrested for breaking the law. Ticket offence? He should have just shut up and took the ticket. It looks like he escalated the issue himself.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I would ask to be on my way

Asking and leaving on your own are two different things. The latter gives off a vibe of disrespect, which in turn...gets the cop going. One thing leads to another.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Asking and leaving on your own are two different things. The latter gives off a vibe of disrespect, which in turn...gets the cop going. One thing leads to another.

You're not from here, let me explain how it works.

Citizen: 'Am I being detained for suspicion of committing a crime or am I under arrest?'

Cop: 'No.'

Citizen: 'Then am I free to leave?'

Cop: 'Yes'.

That's how it works, pretty much anything else is a civil rights violation.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

that's fine man....but if the cop says...you're not free to leave. do you just take off ? I mean...even if you "think" you didnt do anything, you would still need to let him finish his busyness. At least to me that sounds like..respecting the authoritz which was granted to him by the law.

And yes...Im not from US, so we might have different laws, and obviously different understanding of it.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Well just like soldiers they are paid to do so and understand the risks that go hand in hand with such a profession.

Smacking people who are on the ground is a criminal act all the same government-sponsored or otherwise.

I do that it's a serious assault, possibly too severe injury or endangerment of life.

Police do so and they are simply doing their job???

One rule for some another for the rest is the colour of the day.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

that's fine man....but if the cop says...you're not free to leave. do you just take off ?

If the answer were 'no' to each of those questions I'd ask again with my cell phone recording him as it's a civil rights violation.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: Gothmog

Even if there was any type of resistance which I am sure there was and rightfully so (I know if I was confronted by a dozen cops and not told what I did wrong I would not just roll over for them) there is no excuse for what I saw in the video. The police are trained to de-escalate situations and handle confrontation. The officer at the start of the video did nothing to help the case by not stating what the person was accused of doing and placing him in handcuffs to detain him if he had cause and continue that way.

I am sure there is more to the story as to why this individual was confronted in the first place but over all what I saw was bad police work and gives a bad name to the men and women that do it right everyday and avoid situations like this. Not a good optic when you have a dozen men taking on one person.

You DO NOT resist arrest....

BINGO! Just STFU and have your day in court to explain your side. That's what Incident reports are for.

"Would you like to fill out a statement"? While I was a LEO, this was mandatorily stated once you were in the station and being booked.

Did you watch the video 3 times on a 47" 4k LED screen , putting it in to slow motion ?
Or , did you see what you had already determined to be there ?
Am i kidding you , or are you kidding you ?

And correct.... I did the same and though I don't think it was a gun, it may have been his phone but the cops that arrived after probably didn't know that.

Still... No excessive force used. Just a bunch of weak asses that were watching each others back. Kind of like a football team tackling the guy with the ball... apparently that guy had the ball.

I scrutinize the hell out of police take downs - as anyone can see in any of my posts dealing with brutality but this time, it's not on the officers. I might disagree that it took so many people for one guy but a takedown is a takedown. It's not illegal to back another officer. It's not illegal to be such a weak ass that you need 10 guys to help. Then again... It's not always easy for just a couple guys to detain someone who's resisting with all of their body weight. Still... the law is the law and apparently this guy broke it and that's why he was detained. He resisted and that's why he got his ass beat.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You are just incapable of seeing they didn't beat the guy. It's all you keep saying. Watch the video. No kicks or punches. Just cops restraining a resisting criminal.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No excessive force whatsoever? LoL

Just doing their job once again i suppose.

Just cops mangling another perp is my take on the matter, and rather a few at that.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

One rule for some another for the rest is the colour of the day.

without knowing what your law stipulates, I would say yes. I actually expect that a cop can do to me stuff and get away with it. It's kinda "unwritten law". For that very reason, I dont bait them, yell or start demanding "my rights".

And to be honest...I dont believe in honkey dorey rainbow colored police with funny sticks. Such cops would get eaten alive on the streets. I want police to be firm, and even sometimes brutal if the situation demands it.

You know...I smoke weed. But I wouldnt presume to tell the cop.."oh its just one joint man, let me go. I didnt do anything !!!". The law is the law. No buts about it. Otherwise..we are all lost.

I am willfully breaking the law, and have paid a couple of fines for it. Deservedly.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

If the answer were 'no' to each of those questions I'd ask again with my cell phone recording him as it's a civil rights violation.

and in that moment...you lost him.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Personally i simply try and avoid any and all contact with the Police as it seldom ends well.

Always nice to be nice and treat people how you find them, even Police all the same.

As you catch more flies with Honey than Vinegar, something Police could be doing with remembering from time to time, instead of all this zero-tolerance nonsense that breeds nothing more than hatred and discontent.

As to law well again there is one for some and another for the rest imho, so justice is really neither here nor there, and probably the reason why she is blind to some.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

No excessive force whatsoever? LoL

Just doing their job once again i suppose.

Just cops mangling another perp is my take on the matter, and rather a few at that.

What if he ran because he had an illegal firearm? You don't pussyfit around when someone is flailing all around after fleeing, they could be grabbing a weapon. There were excessive amount of police probably, but they didn't "mangle" the guy. He put himself in that position at the end of the day.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join