It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD officers on video beating and kicking unarmed black man while he screams for help and cries

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Believe me. I'm white and have been in cuffs, then an officer waited til we were on an elevator to the holding cells when he repeated slammed my face into the wall because no cameras there. I despise most police. They don't just target black people.
edit on 6-3-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Yea there's a possiblity he was a suspected drug dealer and had warrents. I'd bet 1000$ he's not and was stopped for being black.

Look at stop and frisk in new york. History of racism there.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Fair enough. But i watched the video. The guy was asking a plain clothes officer why he was being stopped with no response until he got hounded like he was el chapo.

All i see is bad policing in every second.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

He wasn't resisting either. Sorry for the initial comment that's not what i meant. Yes resisting physical arrest is a bad idea. He was resisting the idea of arrest.

Not sure you understand what “resisting” means.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

He wasn't resisting either. Sorry for the initial comment that's not what i meant. Yes resisting physical arrest is a bad idea. He was resisting the idea of arrest.

Fidgeting and asking "what crimes did i commit" by a plain clothes officer is resisting arrest?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't put a grand on lack of suspicion for whatever reason. Wouldn't put a grand on it being simply rasicm. The guy was waving his hands around and trying to walk away. That's resisting. All criminals say they did nothing wrong, too. All he had to do was wait for the police to arrive. If they take him in for see BS, lawyer up.

You don't know if he has a weapon. You don't know any facts about the incident other than a small clip.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
So. What crime did he commit ?
edit on 6-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Fidgeting and asking "what crimes did i commit" by a plain clothes officer is resisting arrest?

Oh come on, if you’re going to make things up and pretend it’s what happened you can do a lot better than that.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
All of these videos seem to start mid-encounter, it's difficult to get a full understanding of what transpired prior to the video starting so you cannot form an honest opinion of what prompted the actions at the end of the video.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
What am i missing ?a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

All of these videos seem to start mid-encounter, it's difficult to get a full understanding of what transpired prior to the video starting so you cannot form an honest opinion of what prompted the actions at the end of the video.

I'm sure all those people in your freezer feel so much better knowing that, if only they could have convinced you otherwise.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I watched that twice.
Nobody was kicking this guy.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I'm sure all those people in your freezer feel so much better knowing that, if only they could have convinced you otherwise.

I'm not a cop.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not a cop.

So how scared should I actually be right now.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

So how scared should I actually be right now.

Very, because I don't have to read people their rights before I detain them.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Rights...more like a menu, for you and mates, coleages, ahem thats what I meant.
edit on 6-3-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
What am i missing ?

The cause, the lead up, the police report and the conclusion. Basically everything but 2 minutes of somewhere in the middle.

ETA: Nothing in that article really lines up with the video. He wasn't "savagely beaten", he wasn't "wrestled to the ground" (slumped down himself), and they weren't kicking him. Everything else is hearsay from one person with their own opinions, and we've seen how wrong those often are

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
He was sure desperate to leave for someone who did nothing.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: coop039
He was sure desperate to leave for someone who did nothing.

That's not really a good way to judge things, if I was being detained for nothing I'd want to leave too.

We need to know what happened prior to the video commencing.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I see a glimpse of the person grabbing or shoving the police officer's hand . (briefly as whoever was taking the video turned away at exactly the right time) . I see resisting arrest all the way. What I do not see is the kicking of that person. Looks as if the police officers are trying to kick something away from that person.

Like Paul Harvey would have said , "and now , for the rest of the story"

You DO realise that there is a difference between being physically hurt and there being involuntary movement that you have no control over and resisting, right?

Just want to make sure you do. Because that was complete BS. Unless someone had just been raped, murdered, molested or something more sinister, which I do not know, that level of brutality for one man is obscene.

And having been on the receiving end of it personally, I can tell you that having your limbs twisted beyond normal means and knees in your back, cause you to regain some sort of control over your own body without even thinking.... "Stop resisting, stop resisting" is just a god damned weak ass excuse to inflict more pain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join