It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Critical Thinking Ability of Liberal Media Journalists has Significantly Deteriorated.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Friday, March 6, 2020

After Democratic Presidential Candidate Michael Bloomberg dropped out of the race, Brian Williams of NBC/MSNBC, and Mara Gay of the New York Times, were discussing how the $500 million Bloomberg spent in advertising, could have benefited every American:

"Bloomberg spent $500 million dollars on ads.

The population of the U.S. is 327 million.

He could have given every American $1 Million Dollars, and still had some money left over!

A $1 Million Dollar Check would be life-changing for most people!

Yet he wasted it all on ads, and STILL LOST."
Video of their conversation at: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Even though $500 million dollars, spread over 327 million U.S. residents would have given everyone "something", it would be far less than $1 Million Dollars for every man, women and child. The actual amount would be more like $1.67!

It's sad witnessing so many Mainstream Media personalities steadily lose common-sense, and critical thinking ability, as the years pass.

-CareWeMust

edit on 3/6/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Critical thinking and liberal media have not been tied together for at least a decade.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Critical thinking and liberal media have not been tied together for at least a decade.

It's been a slow-motion train wreck for awhile. President Trump calling them out for misleading the public, seems to have hastened the process.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Fox news has been an abysmal source of bias news. Start calling out both sides and maybe ill agree with you.

edit on 6-3-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Carewemust you are a cancer on ats. All you ever do is post politically biased news. You hate democrats. No need to post nonstop shiat because Qanon failed at delivering anything real.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

It's been a slow-motion train wreck for awhile. President Trump calling them out for misleading the public, seems to have hastened the process.

President Trump has the journalistic skills of a small child. I hate that he gets unfairly bashed because people like you can cult worship him just because he gets hate.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

edit on 6-3-2020 by Chance321 because: Decided not to feed the t.

edit on 6-3-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The Critical Thinking Ability of Liberal Media Journalists has Significantly Deteriorated.

Letting ideological fervor do the thinking has that effect.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
All news is becoming click bait and I am starting to read less and less.

Many headlines here are click bait so I just pass them by.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It's the liberal elites with the "we are educated and know what's best for you" attitude and stance. Hey San Francisco how is that attitude working for you? Your residents are tripping over used needles and face planting in piles of s**t on the sidewalks!

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Dear god. Go ____ your self. Fox news has been an abysmal source of bias news. Start calling out both sides and maybe ill agree with you.

Carewemust you are a cancer on ats. All you ever do is post politically biased news. I got it mate. You hate democrats. No need to post nonstop shiat because Qanon failed at delivering anything real.

No need to get triggered. If you don't like what he posts, why do you read it? Your reaction only highlights what he mentioned regarding "critical thinking ability".
edit on 6-3-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

If you post endless crap im going to say something. It smells.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The thinking portrayed by the media is just a reflection of how everything is in society at this point. With social media and all the other information out there people don't want to do their own homework and just want to be spoon-fed small bits of information that are quick and easy so they can go about their life.

There are very few good news sources anymore because people don't want to read the whole story. This is why I prefer to get most of my news directly from complete video interviews so I can actually see what people are saying rather than reading or seeing edited snippets of of the conversation that said organization is providing to align with their agenda.

There is not one main stream news source I totally trust to give me good coverage. All of them are in in for not only news but entertainment purposes. There was a time when I was a kid that news was also a way to educate yourself to a certain point but not anymore. If you want the news you need to seek out and take time to see both sides of the story.

This is the main reason I want to ban all political ads and require more townhall meetings and debates. That is the only way you can really get a good view of candidates. The money could be spent other ways and you eliminate all the misleading and biased advertising used to steer the truly uninformed. It is unfortunate but a reality, you have to really seek out the truth from multiple sources available

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You ain't wrong. The standard was very different, even in 2016. I covered the local senate race and spoke with the Republican candidate on two occasions. He was bright, articulate and funny and could form complete sentences. If he had been a raging mumbler with a mouth full of magic mushrooms (Biden) I would have called him on it. To not do so would have been a failure to report.

Now, I've never worked in TV news, but I'm fairly certain TV journalists are supposed to work from the same essential framework and to the same standard of reporting, but each time they interview Biden, the defer to him as if he was their boss and never call him out on his obvious mental decline. I'm not sure how they keep their jobs. Will they be mortified when President Trump turns from his podium on the debate stage and asks him on live TV if he is suffering from dementia?

The job of a free press is to seek truth and report it, not "do PR for Joe cos' orange man bad." Sadly, the TV press is no longer capable of performing this function and as you have noted --often speak before thinking through their sentences.

500 million (dollars) is a big number but so is 325 million (Americans). The fact that the later is roughly two-thirds of the former is fairly easy to spot by anyone who doesn't drink on the job. One million dollars divided by one million Americans is one dollar each in the same way that ten dollars divided by ten people is one dollar each.

Go ahead and throw the whole journalist out. They aren't fit to man the drive-thru window at Burger King.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The critical thinking of liberals has something very wrong with it. I am starting to realize more and more just how bad it is through conversations I have.

One blew my mind by initially believing that Republicans didn't vote on Super Tuesday.....even calling me a idiot....i then pointed out that Trump had almost the same amount of votes in TX as all the dems combined.

The person then resorted to name calling.....it is crazy to me. It is like they are viewing and listening to some alternate world than the one I live in

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

They are. It's' a superbubble of vacuous horse-snip called cable news. It gives anyone who watches it eyeball cancer and brain rot.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

If you post endless crap im going to say something. It smells.
How about trying to challenge it as opposed to this school girl tantrum?

If you can't dispute it, then carry on, you're simply making a fool of yourself.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

The critical thinking of liberals has something very wrong with it. I am starting to realize more and more just how bad it is through conversations I have.

One blew my mind by initially believing that Republicans didn't vote on Super Tuesday.....even calling me a idiot....i then pointed out that Trump had almost the same amount of votes in TX as all the dems combined.

The person then resorted to name calling.....it is crazy to me. It is like they are viewing and listening to some alternate world than the one I live in

I don't even know how you can expect civil discussions with leftists these days. My brother is the only truly left Democrat I know and we've had to come to an agreement that anything about politics is off limits between us.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It is crazy to me because some of these folks I have known for a bit and had previously thought they were somewhat intelligent.

The fact that they can't even comprehend they are wrong is just so odd....it really is baffling.

It is like they just don't want to hear or see truth anymore....it is all about what they feel or believe....almost like a overly religious person who takes the Bible literally or something.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Fox news has been an abysmal source of bias news. Start calling out both sides and maybe ill agree with you.

The slant on why this was posted might have been biased, but surely even you can see that this is a stunning example of stupidity.

$527 million dollars and 327 million people comes nowhere near making $1 million/person although there would be enough for all of us to get a bit out of it if it were redistributed and shared out equally, roughly $1.60. And that's assuming Uncle Sam doesn't feel like he needs his 30 to 50% cut off the top.

Whoever made that comment was barely thinking.

But truthfully, you cannot deny that comments about how that money could have been better spent to benefit people hasn't been all over on both sides of the political spectrum.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join