It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Punished with life: Sometimes still being alive feels like a punishment.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
What's it all worth?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not planning on doing anything stupid but sometimes life really feels like a punishment.

With all this #@! we have to endure we'd be better off dead.

I sometimes wish some would keep their mouth shut for a minute, I don't need all these useless thoughts to think about.

What a pathetic world it is.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Would we be better off dead?
Life is for the living. We have opportunity to do what we want and enjoy the simple beauties of life. Be that the spring blooms, the people in our life, or however else we define beauty.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I dont know if this will help or not but there was a story I heard along time ago .

A farmer was standing by his fence one day and a stranger pulled up to it and asked him a question.

I just left a town were the only people I found were mean, cruel and not worth talking to. What are they like in the next town.

the farmer said, "well thats what you gonna find in the next town as well"

later another person pulled up to the farmer and asked him a question as well

the town I left I found kind, generous and sympathetic people. What are the ones in the next town like.

the farmer said "well thats what you gonna find in the next town as well"

the moral of this story was whatever you are seeking you are most likely gonna find.

I am not saying some parts of life are not hard and there are not times (bluntly) life can suck.

but its up to you to decide if your happy or sad
its up to you to decide if its worth it or not.

not for "life" or others to make it for you.

my grandfather was never a rich man and life really threw some curve balls at him
but I never found him sad or questioning his situation. He made his own happiness and for the most part was happy with his life. No matter what was thrown at him (some of it was truly bad).

If you think life is pathetic it will be
if you think its good, it will be

hope this helps

scrounger

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

What's it all worth?

That is completely 100% up to you.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not planning on doing anything stupid but sometimes life really feels like a punishment.

It might as well be a punishment. The question is do you allow -whatever is punishing you- to punish you or do you endure this on your own terms.

It would be better to not be born in that sense. No point in getting here wishing to leave.

I sometimes wish some would keep their mouth shut for a minute, I don't need all these useless thoughts to think about.

You don't need to listen, nor do you need to be connected to that. I recommend a bit of solitude to enforce only your own thought to be in control.

The world has nothing to do with the reality humans fabricate for themselves. Again, solitude. Be your own world and ignore the others for a while they are only worth the value you impose on them.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Oh, snap out of it. Try to change your perspective. Go out. Have a drink. Meet people. Stop watching YouTube. Hike for 20 miles. Take ownership of your life and grow up. If you have a mental illness, then seek professional help.

Remember the world is less poor then it has ever been, and conflict is low. Granted, humanity is also presiding over the destruction of the world's ecosystem, but sitting on your arse moping around is not going to help change that, otherwise your apathy is just part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Ignorance is bliss. The rest of us are doin' time.

And as a prisoner I suggest doing some exercise outdoors occasionally, enrich yourself with books before lights out, fashion some interesting food with ramen noodles, find a social group that won't shank you, and get a little creative with sex sometimes.

Serve your life sentence as best you can.

edit on 6-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made.

If you want a different result make different choices........

Your life is in your own hands..... be the difference you want!

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made.

Come on now..

Does anyone really make a choice to be depressed? Or raped? Maimed, or stricken with disease?

I appreciate that one's attitude can have an effect, but be real, people don't choose a lot of the terrible crap that happens in their lives.

Life isn't all rainbows and cherries for everyone.

edit on 6-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

Come on now..
Does anyone really make a choice to be depressed? Or raped? Maimed, or stricken with disease?
I appreciate that one's attitude can have an effect, but be real, people don't choose a lot of the terrible crap that happens in their lives.

No one sails through life without sh1t happening........ Its how you handle it

that counts, Having a 'pity party' and wallowing in it only results in more of

the same. Only you can be the change you want?... No one else can do it for you!

Life isn't all rainbows and cherries for everyone.

You could say "No one's life consists entirely of rainbows and cherries" Its down

to how they play the hand they got dealt?

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Lost my Dad it will be 5 years in April and have learned so much that he kept from the whole family for decades really. The burden he must have felt, but he never complained and I have no doubt he would have been ultra-successful if he abandoned his original plan but he stuck it out made the most of it. He was able to put away the bull# and not only still be happy to make his wife happy he also raised a healthy and happy family. The weight knowing now what he endured, mostly things that weren't his fault and instead, he still brought light and contentment to his family and was widely regarded in his chosen profession. This was a man that had beautiful women that he worked with love him and powerful men that wanted him to be on their team. He lived it all never sullying his reputation or the family business he built

We are still trying to pick up the pieces but every day the man's light shines through on what was a truly dismal situation, his strength, character, and commitment with so little personal reward were and still is what makes him a breed apart in not only his era but most of the others.

I found this scribbled in his handwriting in his wallet

Live for the moment, lift up others, it's never as bad as it seems. This along with the don't quit poem he used to quote us also in his handwriting. I don't know how he kept it all together but he did.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,

As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than

It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out -

The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yeah I'm not going to BS you with saying things will get better, lighten up, behind every cloud...blah blah.

Who knows, maybe it is pointless...you are here now, might as well see where it'll take you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

What's it all worth?

What you mean sometimes??????

Take time to just watch the world go by, like actually go into town sit in a busy spot - i.e shopping precinct and just watch human behavior - its disgusting, abhorrent at best with roughly 8% a watching session actually giving a positive worth knowing vibe.

It's called your awakening so awake and realize that you need to be thankful that you are no longer part of the flock.

Better of dead - NO, better of awoken.

"If the world hates you know that it hated me before it hated you, if you were of this world the world would love you, but as i have chosen you of this world the world hates you".

Simple really, it's not a burden to feel this way if you truly understand your path.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Be Strong And Be Patient.

The trick is to listen, hear, think, feel, see, touch, love, live live live.

I'd rather have a spanner in my eye and know I'm blind than have it in my brain and not.

YOU just made YOUR world more pathetic by stating so.

YOU must carry that thought and feeling.

I don't carry baggage unless it's my own and I keep it in my pocket.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Be Strong And Be Patient.

YOU just made YOUR world more pathetic by stating so.

I don't carry baggage unless it's my own and I keep it in my pocket.

Says you, hypocrite much. Wheres your strength and patience with that second line of yours above. You actually made the and your world more pathetic by saying that.

You dont carry baggage unless its in your pocket????? Yet you declare the OP's world more pathetic - if that's your baggage in your pocket then let's see you take it out.

What a hypocrite indeed. Talk about fuel the fire.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Oh, snap out of it. Try to change your perspective. Go out. Have a drink. Meet people. Stop watching YouTube. Hike for 20 miles. Take ownership of your life and grow up. If you have a mental illness, then seek professional help.

Remember the world is less poor then it has ever been, and conflict is low. Granted, humanity is also presiding over the destruction of the world's ecosystem, but sitting on your arse moping around is not going to help change that, otherwise your apathy is just part of the problem.

Yup. Nail on the head buddy. Sometimes bad things happen to us randomly but generally life is what you make it

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Hi, Out6of9Balance,

I don't know if this will be useful, but here it goes.

I used to feel my life was punishing me and it felt like whenever I felt good about something, wave after wave of bleh crashed on me. I endured as best I could, but was just going through the motions.

When I was in my late 40's, a young adult (I'd never met before) struck up a conversation with me. He told me of what he'd been through & was going through at that time. Even though I couldn't relate completely, I was able to relate for much of what he said. I shared my experiences and he later stated how he felt nobody could ever relate to what he was going through. When he shared with others, they responded with negativity, mocking his trauma, etc. His life got worse and it pushed him to the line & he was heavily considering expiration. But, he said because anyone was able to relate to what he had been through, especially an older person, and make it through the decades of icky times, it helped to inspire him to not give up.

While there, my life started to make sense. I thought about how my life felt like punishment and began to see my life's bleh experiences not as punishment, but as training me to possibly be an ear, open my mind more, etc. to be there to relate someone I'd never met (or maybe even already knew) so maybe they won't feel alone in life, even for a few moments. I shared that perspective with him and he wanted to adopt that into his life, too.

Maybe it's a silly way of thinking, but it helps me to cope. And if that encounter (of being there) doesn't cross my path, then I wasn't the one to be there for that person.

Thank you for reading & take care

edit on 2020 3 6 by oldme because: Fixed punctuation a bit.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Please be nice.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Says you, hypocrite much. Wheres your strength and patience with that second line of yours above. You actually made the and your world more pathetic by saying that.

Are you sure?

I do not need your strength and patience to say what you want to hear.

I LOVE YOU.

You dont carry baggage unless its in your pocket????? Yet you declare the OP's world more pathetic - if that's your baggage in your pocket then let's see you take it out.

I need no pockets unless I need pockets.

Others may place things in them but they are MY pockets and I am responible for their contents, not those who wish to deposit something.

If someone wants something, they musn't pick my pocket or they never find what they are looking for.

I have magic pockets though and it's amazing what comes out sometimes.

What a hypocrite indeed. Talk about fuel the fire.

Without a fire, what are you? We all start as SPARKS that reflect and absorb the moment we are CONCIEVED.

Being born is just the bit where we step off onto a platform.

I'm sorry if I upset you. My words are still there for you to read JUST the WORDS. NOT how they SOUND.

Nice avatar you have. Does he purr or does he only roar?
edit on 6/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Lets assume that the souls is something that evolves and that there are different levels of awareness it can evolve to.

All souls have potential to someday become behavior wise Mutualistic (for the benefit of both/all parts) different from ego driven animalistic behavior.

Because of how the majority of human behave Empaths, Deep thinkers, Mystics become disconnected from the majority and become introvert/hermits.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Posted this previously as I've got decades of thinking "Is Today the day?" that has 'motivated' me to push on.

I talked with the wispy guy with the scythe once or twice upon a time - and
He said, "It's not your time. YOU haven't suffered enough. I'll let you know."
SO now the plan is to live forever because I can't possibly be punished enough for my 'sins'.

My daily motivational thought: If it hurts you're still living. (nobody said you have to like it)

ganjoa

edit on 2020-3-6 by ganjoa because: Really I'm a cheery guy - or blunt as hell - with most folks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join