It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chance of a life time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you were given a second chance to start your life all over, would you take it or prefer continue to live the way you were?

I definitely would take it!!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
sometimes i wish i could make it all go away, and live in ignorance, but i can't do that. so i'll keep on livin. you can't turn away from the past.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
* ticks "happy enough to be me" box *

* edits tickbox to say 'happy' not 'happen' *

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I wouldnt do it. I am too afraid of the physical pain of death that I would have to pass besides I think that all the bs I went through to get here should be worth something and I know that it has contributed to the person that I am today and some say that isnt a bad thing. So no I wouldnt do it all over again.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wouldnt you think you might actually do better in life if you got a chance to start all over?

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Different, maybe, better, no.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I would love to start life over with all my discipline and knowledge. I mean you would become a prodigy and develop skills and knowledge no other person could because you would have had to lives to gain those skills and knowledge.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Different, maybe, better, no.

Masked...call me naive

How would you know your life wouldnt be better?

On the contrary, if you suggesting life would be different, why can't you believe that it might be better?

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I like me. I am made up of the genetics things of me, and the life experiences. It was VERY hard developing into me...aint no way I'm going back through that and maybe screw up worse than I did.

I'm headed forward...there aint no lookin' back!

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I definately would.
There would be so many women i would...
never mind... lmao

I would love to go back knowing what i know.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't want to live this life again. For a start I wouldn't want to go back through school......

And I wouldn't want to spend 16 years of my life being stupid again either.........even if I knew what was happening, I doubt I'd be able to stop it because a different ages you have different frames of mind and you would make the same choices.....

thats my theory anyway

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   

* ticks "happy enough to be me" box *

* edits tickbox to say 'happy' not 'happen' *

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

I would almost swear that you and Lysergic are kin MA. That was hilarious.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
damefool

No you are not naive, how could you be with that name?

I couldn't know a second chance would not be better.

I know it would be different.

I like what Valhall said.

I could have guessed what Fury would say.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   

damefool

No you are not naive, how could you be with that name?

I couldn't know a second chance would not be better.

I know it would be different.

I like what Valhall said.

I could have guessed what Fury would say.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
DF
In your scenario of "redoing" life would we know that we are reliving this paradise that we all love so much?
You mentioned that we could become prodigys and stuff well how would we know that we would do that. If that would be the case maybe I would reconsider my decision. On the other hand what if I came back and was like a politician or something gruesome and not pleasant like you make it sound?

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Of course most people would like to correct past mistakes. That is called 20/20 hindsight. But you are just a damefool.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkosOrrealus
DF
In your scenario of "redoing" life would we know that we are reliving this paradise that we all love so much?
You mentioned that we could become prodigys and stuff well how would we know that we would do that. If that would be the case maybe I would reconsider my decision. On the other hand what if I came back and was like a politician or something gruesome and not pleasant like you make it sound?

All I'm saying is that if I got a chance, I definitely would press the "reset" button, for better or for worst.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Of course most people would like to correct past mistakes. That is called 20/20 hindsight. But you are just a damefool.

that's exactly what I'm trying to say dude!
"the fool in all of us"

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
hmmmm, this is a very tricky question indeed.

Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't.

I think with regards to education and qualifications, etc, I would like the chance to go back and work hard, but then maybe I would be a university bod with a couple of degrees that I do nothing with and I would never have met the people I work with and made all the friends I have made. Also and this is a BIG also, I would never have met and fallen in love with the love of my life through work!

So no, I wouldn't go back. Sure, we would all like to change some things, but if that meant starting our life again completely, I don't think many of us would. I could be wrong, but?????????

new topics

top topics

join