It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the statement by a quarantined nurse from a Northern California Kaiser facility

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Has anyone pointed out that it's possible this woman didn't get infected treating patients, that the protective measures in fact did work, and that she just got infected some other way when she wasn't at work? Community transmission appears to be confirmed. How do we know she didn't just come into contact with an infected person during her time off?

I know, I know, no one wants to hear that because it doesn't induce the amount of fear most in these threads seem to thrive on.

People aren't understanding that it can live on surfaces (including on PPE) for 9 days. A cough can send droplets 6-9 feet away. Which minimum wage janitor do you trust to disinfect Every. Single. Hard surface. In the hospital?

After you remove your PPE and wash up... You gotta touch something on the way out...

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT
Nobody is stopping you from going to the Northern California Kaiser Hospital.
I'm sure you being very very experienced and very very dedicated to the care, curing and comfort of our fellow man, they will welcome you with open arms.

Please provide the details of your caring for the people with CoVID19.

We await your thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Nobody is stopping you from going to the Northern California Kaiser Hospital.
I'm sure you being very very experienced and very very dedicated to the care, curing and comfort of our fellow man, they will welcome you with open arms.

Please provide the details of your caring for the people with CoVID19.

We await your thread.

Ready willing and able. But I'm fully employed at this time at a Northern California hospital that is designated to receive these patients. Our (we me etc) Nurse led critical care transport team is qualified to transport patients with SARS, Ebola, MERS, Covid19 etc etc etc by ground, rotor, or fixed wing from anywhere in the Western United States. Heck we can even move you if you are ECMO. Should NorCal Kaiser have a COVID19 patient we will transport the moment we are called and without hesitation.

What Ebola isolation looks like (I'm on your right) Covid19 isolation will be a little less dramatic and one less layer, but we will be in PAPRs

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Really?
Really!
After reading all the CoVID19 threads warning you that N95's are worthless, your wearing THAT!

left hand wave is for you brah.

And yes, I too have danced with Ebola, and Zika, and you would never catch me in a spongebob suit.
Please, stay in California. I'll work with travelers any time. At least they are experienced and smart enough
to NOT wear a spongebob suit with a PAPR (filtering down to 300nm, the same as an N95, but you knew that, right).

Me in SCIF and a dog named Blue.

edit on V292020Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2020 21:29:42 -06001 by Violater1 because: go mods

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: face23785

??? We dont know how many cases we have.. just how many are showing up in the hospitals sick and then trying to trace back who they came in contact with..
We might never know if this nurse contracted it. She might spend her time in quarantine without any symptom and just go back to work after the quarantine time has ended.

While in some other countries, they are going out of their way to test the people.

That's a great way of not answering the substance of the post. Our mortality rate is calculated by the number of known cases and the number of deaths. Both are too small at this point to be a useful sample size, so saying our mortality rate is higher than average at this point is statistically meaningless. No amount of speculation about how many cases we might have will change that. And if we do have a lot of unreported cases, that drives the mortality rate down anyway, which is the last thing ya'll appear to want.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouAreLiedTo

Has anyone pointed out that it's possible this woman didn't get infected treating patients, that the protective measures in fact did work, and that she just got infected some other way when she wasn't at work? Community transmission appears to be confirmed. How do we know she didn't just come into contact with an infected person during her time off?

I know, I know, no one wants to hear that because it doesn't induce the amount of fear most in these threads seem to thrive on.

People aren't understanding that it can live on surfaces (including on PPE) for 9 days. A cough can send droplets 6-9 feet away. Which minimum wage janitor do you trust to disinfect Every. Single. Hard surface. In the hospital?

After you remove your PPE and wash up... You gotta touch something on the way out...

People do understand this, including me. Do you understand it's entirely possible she contracted the disease elsewhere?

Have there been a rash of healthcare worker cases that I'm unaware of here in the US of all the workers that have been treating the infected? Because it sounds like this woman is a one-off.

If it was as easy to get infected as ya'll think, and none of the protective measures work, all the doctors and nurses that have been treating these people should be getting sick right about now.

We brought over 100 people with the virus here in late January. It's been over a month. Why aren't all the healthcare workers that cared for these people, probably numbering in the hundreds, getting sick?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Really?
Really!
After reading all the CoVID19 threads warning you that N95's are worthless, your wearing THAT!
:

This.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

People do understand this, including me. Do you understand it's entirely possible she contracted the disease elsewhere?

Have there been a rash of healthcare worker cases that I'm unaware of here in the US of all the workers that have been treating the infected? Because it sounds like this woman is a one-off.

If it was as easy to get infected as ya'll think, and none of the protective measures work, all the doctors and nurses that have been treating these people should be getting sick right about now.

We brought over 100 people with the virus here in late January. It's been over a month. Why aren't all the healthcare workers that cared for these people, probably numbering in the hundreds, getting sick?

Because most health-care workers are aged 25-55 and not in the category that would likely show critical symptoms.

And there are LOTS of health care officials BEGGING for testing. They aren't giving tests out to be done.

Lack of positive testing does not equal lack of positive patients.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Because most health-care workers are aged 25-55 and not in the category that would likely show critical symptoms.

And there are LOTS of health care officials BEGGING for testing. They aren't giving tests out to be done.

Lack of positive testing does not equal lack of positive patients.

Not being critically ill doesn't equal not ill either. A proportion of them should at least be mildly ill. Where are the stories? You know the media would be reporting that like wildfire if it was happening in any appreciable numbers.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Right here.

www.google.com...=true

Up to 30,000 have died from the "flu" this season alone so far between Oct 19 and Feb 1, 2020. 300,000+ cases.

How many you think were undiagnosed CV19?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Right here.

www.google.com...=true

Up to 30,000 have died from the "flu" this season alone so far between Oct 19 and Feb 1, 2020. 300,000+ cases.

How many you think were undiagnosed CV19?

That's talking about the general population.

Where's the rash in healthcare workers getting sick?

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Based on incubation times.... Right about now...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Based on incubation times.... Right about now...

The commonly cited incubation time is 2-14 days.

We brought all those patients back from China over a month ago.

If the protections really are inadequate, many of those healthcare workers who cared for the sick should've contracted the disease. At least a proportion of them should be symptomatic.

Why aren't we hearing the stories about this? This is one nurse.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Current estimations put the far edges of incubation times out to 27 days...

Not just the cited 2-14...

We've known that for over 2 weeks now.

www.reuters.com... CN20G06W

I'm trying to stay civil... But back in the day, sources were everything. People really need to start backing up their opinions with research and sources on here when discussing a real-world pandemic...

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Current estimations put the far edges of incubation times out to 27 days...

Not just the cited 2-14...

We've known that for over 2 weeks now.

www.reuters.com... CN20G06W

I'm trying to stay civil... But back in the day, sources were everything. People really need to start backing up their opinions with research and sources on here when discussing a real-world pandemic...

Being civil would be to not make erroneous assumptions.

I've heard the speculation about longer incubation periods.

"could be as long as" is not definitive and not commonly accepted right now. The commonly accepted timeframe is still 2-14 days.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

It was documented in a government report. The date of infection is known and the date of symptoms and testing are all known.

This isn't being presumptive.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It was documented in a government report. The date of infection is known and the date of symptoms and testing are all known.

This isn't being presumptive.

Of course someone as "informed" as you about infections would know there are always cases outside the norm.

Look, I'm sorry it's not as bad as you want it to be. There's nothing I can do about that.

We should have seen a bunch of doctors and nurses getting sick by now.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sometimes you just have to laugh!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

We dont come to ATS for popcorn and soda... at least I dont.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join