It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the statement by a quarantined nurse from a Northern California Kaiser facility

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: FredT
Couple of things here:

1) PPE is not 100% and Im well versed in it. End of a 12 hour shift and your exhausted mistakes happen

2) If she is sick, and has a known exposure, then why test her? We do not have enough tests anyway so have her wait out her 14 day period and make sure she is well. The hospital IS not going to let her work anyway. There not enough tests and if you test every nurse that has the sniffles you will burn through them at a rapid rate.

3) $3200 a week is includes housing but, no doubt it means 7 12 hour shifts to achieve it. Its very similar to the terms they give scab nurses

YOU CALL YOUR FELLOW NURSES, THAT COME IN FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY, TO TAKE CARE OF THE SICK AND INJURED THAT YOU NEGLECT, IN A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT YOU CREATED, ' "SCABS!!!"
HOW DARE YOU!
HOW DARE YOU!!!
YOU ARE THE TYPE OF TRASH THAT CHANTED AND HELD UP SIGNS, HARASSED AND THREATENED CARING AND COMPETENT NURSES THAT TOOK CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS AT LOS ANGELES M.C!
YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!
YOU HAVE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY AND NEED TO LOOSE YOUR LICENSE FREDT!

Talk about #ing unhinged.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

YOU CALL YOUR FELLOW NURSES, THAT COME IN FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY, TO TAKE CARE OF THE SICK AND INJURED THAT YOU NEGLECT, IN A HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT THAT YOU CREATED, ' "SCABS!!!"
HOW DARE YOU!
HOW DARE YOU!!!
YOU ARE THE TYPE OF TRASH THAT CHANTED AND HELD UP SIGNS, HARASSED AND THREATENED CARING AND COMPETENT NURSES THAT TOOK CARE OF ME WHEN I WAS AT LOS ANGELES M.C!

LMAO Woah you sound like a hospital administrator shilling that less nurses, less wages and more patients is a good thing.

SCABS are the lowest forms of human scum. They sell their souls for some extra $$$$, provide crappy care, and then return to whatever NON union state they come from. THEY do nothing to advance the profession or improve working conditions or patient conditions. They are literally prostitutes who lacking the ability to function by and large in a meaningful way long term, rather they hop from strike to strike where there little accountability.

SCABS are dangerous and mostly can't get any other job or are tired of working for nothing in their home state. Parasites that they are instead of working to improve conditions they become the parasite that they are and SCAB. Don't take my word. Scabs increase a hospitals mortality by over 18%.

dspace.mit.edu...

And BTW are you referring to last October at Kaiser LA? That wasn't even nurses. And even if it was nurses, given how hard the job is and the fact that a BSN is basically entry level in California, and all that it entails we deserve anything and everything we can get.

Are you even remotely away that most strikes are over stuff like staffing ratios and other things that improve patient care, reduce wait times, and reduce patient mortality?

Funny thing is despite your preference for these scum we will still give you 110% if you are sick and sacrifice everything from family life, to our own bodies to get you better. Your welcome

FYI: Nurse deal with this type of hostility and violence both verbal and physical everyday that Violater1 showed above. In fact that would be a mild form since we are online. We get spit on, hit, verbally assaulted, sexually assaulted, basically all manner of abuse and that is a daily occurrence. No other industry seems to accept it but healthcare and nursing does. But that is changing thankfully but we still deal with Violater1's attitude all the time.
edit on 3/6/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Couple of things here:

1) PPE is not 100% and Im well versed in it. End of a 12 hour shift and your exhausted mistakes happen

2) If she is sick, and has a known exposure, then why test her? We do not have enough tests anyway so have her wait out her 14 day period and make sure she is well. The hospital IS not going to let her work anyway. There not enough tests and if you test every nurse that has the sniffles you will burn through them at a rapid rate.

3) $3200 a week is includes housing but, no doubt it means 7 12 hour shifts to achieve it. Its very similar to the terms they give scab nurses

HOW DARE YOU!
HOW DARE YOU!!!

Talk about #ing unhinged.

Right? Sheesh

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Just put him in rockstar restraints and keep him tied down until the meds kick in.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What this tells me is that there is another vector for this virus or she (the nurse) got it from someone else.

It's a nightmare scenario where you could have just one individual unknowingly infect an entire hospital and staff.

Frightening.

It's also why I would strongly recommend universal precautions and proper PPE now and not wait until you might need to because by then it's probably too late.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

HOW DARE YOU!
HOW DARE YOU!!!

SCABS are the lowest forms of human scum. They sell their souls for some extra $$$$, provide crappy care, and then return to whatever NON union state they come from. THEY do nothing to advance the profession or improve working conditions or patient conditions. They are literally prostitutes who lacking the ability to function by and large in a meaningful way long term, rather they hop from strike to strike where there little accountability.

SCABS are dangerous and mostly can't get any other job or are tired of working for nothing in their home state. Parasites that they are instead of working to improve conditions they become the parasite that they are and SCAB. Don't take my word. Scabs increase a hospitals mortality by over 18%.

Removed, it's not worth getting banned over.
edit on 6-3-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

HOW DARE YOU!
HOW DARE YOU!!!

LMAO Woah you sound like a hospital administrator shilling that less nurses, less wages and more patients is a good thing.

SCABS are dangerous and mostly can't get any other job or are tired of working for nothing in their home state. Parasites that they are instead of working to improve conditions they become the parasite that they are and SCAB. Don't take my word. Scabs increase a hospitals mortality by over 18%. dspace.mit.edu...

And BTW are you referring to last October at Kaiser LA? That wasn't even nurses. And even if it was nurses, given how hard the job is and the fact that a BSN is basically entry level in California, and all that it entails we deserve anything and everything we can get.

Are you even remotely away that most strikes are over stuff like staffing ratios and other things that improve patient care, reduce wait times, and reduce patient mortality?

Funny thing is despite your preference for these scum we will still give you 110% if you are sick and sacrifice everything from family life, to our own bodies to get you better. Your welcome

FYI: Nurse deal with this type of hostility and violence both verbal and physical everyday that Violater1 showed above. In fact that would be a mild form since we are online. We get spit on, hit, verbally assaulted, sexually assaulted, basically all manner of abuse and that is a daily occurrence. No other industry seems to accept it but healthcare and nursing does. But that is changing thankfully but we still deal with Violater1's attitude all the time.

WHY DID YOU LIE ABOUT THE CONTENT OF YOUR LINK?
dspace.mit.edu...

dspace.mit.edu...
Your link states," Hospitals now represent one of the largest union sectors of the US economy, and there is particular concern about the impact of strikes on patient welfare. We analyze the effects of nurses' strikes in hospitals on patient outcomes in New York State. Controlling for hospital specific heterogeneity, the results show that nurses' strikes increase in-hospital mortality by 18.3 percent and 30-day readmission by 5.7 percent for patients admitted during a strike, with little change in patient demographics, disease severity or treatment intensity. The results suggest that hospitals functioning during nurses' strikes do so at a lower quality of patient care.
You have lost all credibility.
You are no different than Sasha Fail, Snopes, WaPo or CNN.
edit on V512020Fridaypm31America/ChicagoFri, 06 Mar 2020 20:51:23 -06001 by Violater1 because: trying my best to obey T&C

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I said " Don't take my word. Scabs increase a hospitals mortality by over 18%" my link and your confirms it.

scabs kill and again are parasite scum who prostitute themselves for a few extra $$$$ at the expense of patients and nurses who are fighting for yep better working conditions, patient safety issues and the like.

My credibility is just fine. My mother told me so

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

HOW DARE YOU!
HOW DARE YOU!!!

Removed, it's not worth getting banned over.

Yes.
I understand.
Nothing ill-mannered about the above post.

edit on V122020Fridaypm31America/ChicagoFri, 06 Mar 2020 21:12:21 -06001 by Violater1 because: ;ltyd

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

A Chinese doctor gave some results that indicated that virus attacks the central nervous system.

And you can be reinfected.

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: LookingAtMars

A Chinese doctor gave some results that indicated that virus attacks the central nervous system.

And you can be reinfected.

Another scary dilemma.
I fear we have not even seen the worst of this virus.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
How can anyone have an opinion or tell others how to stay safe if the virus is so new?

I heard one dr on tv said he really couldn't comment because the strain is completely new and unknown.

Not enough studying or time has passed to report anything 100%

Of course the station didint seem to like that response.

Just seems like eveyone has an opinion on something they know nothing about.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Any virus or bacteria in your blood will have to go to your brain. The whole body is infected not just portions. I would be more concerned with how anybody can catch a disease that no on else catches wearing protective gear. That would tell the tale for me. This virus doesn't use acids to penetrate protective gear. That I can guarantee. How can you catch something when you follow the protocols indeed? I suspect something else involved is my reason. It is possible to be CV-19 but not likely unless they had it before they came to nurse the infected.

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: YouAreLiedTo

The reports that they are finding the virus in the brain and stem of many patients and test animals is what has me most concerned.

edit on 7-3-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well this is not a blood born vector for the pathogen per say, but it has to move in either your blood stream our your lymphatic system to reach your cells in your body. If it gets in your gut instead of your lungs the acids destroy it, but it will bypass the gut in the bloodstream via the lungs. When you breathe the smallest particles enter your lungs that transfer molecules from the air with the capillaries in your alveoli sacs to enter the blood stream. Viruses typically are inhaled and survive in our respiratory system or thru the eye sockets. That initial infection is how it gets transmitted to the rest of our body. That is why we should be concerned with the Nurses techniques for protocols. Well she still might not have CV-19, but Epidemiologists are pouring over this data by now and will give us a follow up. Even if the CDC is holding back somewhat in peoples minds. I bet these nurses will get a test performed before the weekend is up.

originally posted by: CharlesT
The virus is not a bloodborn pathogen, as the first screen indicates. It's airborn.

It's not bloodborn.

edit on 7-3-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
EXACTLY THIS

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

you are assuming tat :

1 - the person is competant and actually follows the PPE protocols correctly

my experience - does not extend to medical pandemic response - but i have annecdones from mates who have - and some of the incompetance witnessed = frightening .

i believe them because my own experience = hazmat // hazchem work in industry - and i have seen mind blowing ineptitude

2 - infection vectors OUTSIDE the hospital // facility dont go away - just because you have a infection control crisis at work

Besides the damn virus has been out so long we all are likely exposed right now. Seriously, too many people have moved throughout this new Globalized system with exposure. The unreliable tests will give false positives and false negatives and require months of testing to nail down. The Chicom data is compromised by Communist puppet masters working a scam of some kind that is probably sinister and 100% on purpose designed to confuse the data review.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
IDK?

I think what the CDC has to do is balance panicky people with hard facts.

But here are some common sense guidelines to share that we should all be well versed on to live thru these things.

www.thetomahawk.com...

originally posted by: drussell41

Really upsetting. The CDC pulled the same # with ebola in 2014: inadequately protecting nurses and front-line healthcare workers.

So are they stupid or really don't care if anyone is adequately protected/dies as long as they themselves have gear like your pic?

BTW, I'm not interested in CDC apologists. Go talk to a wall or each other.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
While who has placed the death rate of this virus a little over 3%, using the numbers I got as far as the cases in the us... it works out to be over 5%..
Does that mean we have a deadlier strain or that we just have a crappier healthcare system, no...
I shows the value of actually taking proactive measures to test the population. Trump says that 3% number is too high, he is probably right.. at least what it would be in the developed western world and the us.. but, at the moment, our death rate sits at over 5%....

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
While who has placed the death rate of this virus a little over 3%, using the numbers I got as far as the cases in the us... it works out to be over 5%..
Does that mean we have a deadlier strain or that we just have a crappier healthcare system, no...
I shows the value of actually taking proactive measures to test the population. Trump says that 3% number is too high, he is probably right.. at least what it would be in the developed western world and the us.. but, at the moment, our death rate sits at over 5%....

That's because the US barely has any cases. It's too small of a sample size to get an accurate reflection of what the death rate would be if it goes nationwide.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Has anyone pointed out that it's possible this woman didn't get infected treating patients, that the protective measures in fact did work, and that she just got infected some other way when she wasn't at work? Community transmission appears to be confirmed. How do we know she didn't just come into contact with an infected person during her time off?

I know, I know, no one wants to hear that because it doesn't induce the amount of fear most in these threads seem to thrive on.
edit on 7 3 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

??? We dont know how many cases we have.. just how many are showing up in the hospitals sick and then trying to trace back who they came in contact with..
We might never know if this nurse contracted it. She might spend her time in quarantine without any symptom and just go back to work after the quarantine time has ended.

While in some other countries, they are going out of their way to test the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join