It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweating in an Airport? You Could Be A Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Dont Sweat it

ARE YOU SWEATING TOO MUCH?

Another prospect in store for air travellers is "hyperspectral sensing" that will check for chemicals called pheromones, secreted by the human body, which may indicate agitation or stress.

"People under stress tend to exude slightly different pheromones, and you can pick this up ... There are sensing techniques we're working on," Stringer said.

The stress may have an innocent cause, such as fear of flying, but could also betray the nervousness of a potential attacker. The point is to alert security staff to something unusual that may need further investigation.

As with MMW, the technology could function at a distance and without the need for people to wait in line. By conducting such checks while people are approaching the airport and moving through it, authorities could avoid bottlenecks and queues.

I love modern technology, dont you?

Tip: If you sweat, take the bus instead.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have no problem with this one bit. 1st they complain not enough was done to prevent 9/11, now too much is being done to stop another attack?

Profuse sweating could be a sign of heatstroke or a heart-attack. Think of all the lives that could be saved, all in the name of safety.

Seriously, when I see someone sweating profusely in normal conditions, I have suspicions about that person, and they should be checked out. No harm done.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
But what about all the agitated people who have been screwed by airlines? What about those people who get nervous before flying or even going through the security checkpoint? It's pretty obvious to any security people when someone is nervous and sweating, not to mention the 9/11 hijackers were cool as cucumbers when they went through security. I really don't see much advantage for this type of detection.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You've had a hard day, you rush packing the kids, making the suitcases and get to the airport, you almost missed your shuttle, you worry you will miss your flight, you grab the kids (while they cry the whole time because they saw something at the Airport shop they want) you rush thru the airport (you finally got there in the nick of time) walk thru the terminal and you arrive at the check point .
You place all your baggage on the belt and you notice a security person eying you up and down.....STOP...please follow us.
"It has come to our attention that you look frazeled. Homeland security Department will be here momentarily- we need to ask you some questions"

This is acceptable to you? Sweat is a tell all sign of terrorism

NOT.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Tip: If you sweat, take the bus instead.

Just please don't sit next to me, thank you.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Jsobecky,

I dont sweat at all. I'm a girl. You're safe with me.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I remember that scene from Total Recall where Arnie gets suspicious about his staged world because that cool corporate guy sweats.

I say go for it! I would want to have a portable odor-detection device when politicians give press-conferences in my area...

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
>I love modern technology, dont you? Tip: If you sweat, take the bus instead.

LMAO!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The next thing will be Homeland Security issuing warnings for Middle Eastern men buying this:

Everyone knows they don't use the stuff, so they must be up to something!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My god how about "hot flashes" if a women is having an episode of hot flashes it will be mistaken as a terrorist.

So ladies if you are over 40 avoid traveling in airplanes and stay away from the airport security.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Oh so first heavyweight people have to buy 2 seats and now they could be packing under those big clothes!?

Man... 5'11, 140lbs...stay in shape stay off the FBI watch list!

top topics

join