It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest chit chat about the virus from a hospital director

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I just want to say that while I portray myself as an overweight, hard drinking, hedonistic, misogynist, I will remain serious and professional on this thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What about my Amazon orders? How do I detox those?

And are Avacados safe at Walmart? How should I handle.those?

And which alcohol is the best to sterilize my internals? Whiskey, vodka, gin, or bourbon?

Asking for a friend who is really serious.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

It is airborne. Face shields are actually a preferred "mask" over traditional masks.

Wouldn't your only protection be a pressure suite?

If it is truly airborne, as an aerosol.

.?

In theory.

That's why there is a push for PAPR's.

These are forced air units with face shields that maintain a positive airflow over the face.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
What about my Amazon orders? How do I detox those?

They should be okay.

And are Avacados safe at Walmart? How should I handle.those?

I hate avacado's I have no idea.

And which alcohol is the best to sterilize my internals? Whiskey, vodka, gin, or bourbon?

Yes.

Asking for a friend who is really serious.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Dumbass

Have you heard or any news about the in the UK announced instant (or at least) fast tests being implemented soon?

As now the amount of people tested and especially the cases that are tested seem to skew the numbers quite a bit. And as we all can notice that causes to much uncertainty with a lot of people.

The last I've heard, honestly, is that it takes 7 days to get test results.

7 days... That is much longer then I expected as I get (non US) reports of far less.

Appreciate your answer though

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Have you heard or any news about the in the UK announced instant (or at least) fast tests being implemented soon?

As now the amount of people tested and especially the cases that are tested seem to skew the numbers quite a bit. And as we all can notice that causes to much uncertainty with a lot of people.

7 days... That is much longer then I expected as I get (non US) reports of far less.

I asked the question specifically last week in a meeting and they told me 7 days.
edit on 5-3-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

forced air units with face shields that maintain a positive airflow over the face.

That sounds like a good thing for the caregivers to have. I hope they get them soon!

Thanks for the info and the serious OP.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Praise Jesus. I feel much better now.😂😅🤣

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

With all this cdc talk, I don’t know where you get the time on Tuesday’s to hunt your goats.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I asked the question specifically last week in a meeting and they told me 7 days.

I just asked here, she confirms that, 7 day test at the moment.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

What makes this virus different or more serious than the regular flu, other viruses, or general bugs that go around? Feels like it's not but it has a new name so panic ensues.

Should I be terrified that DB runs hospitals?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

What makes this virus different or more serious than the regular flu, other viruses, or general bugs that go around? Feels like it's not but it has a new name so panic ensues.

Because it is "new". That means, it is a strain that has not been seen before. So, just that fact means we cannot use previous vaccinations, nor can we know for sure the incubation period, spread factors, etc...

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yea, but what I'm saying is most people I know never get the flu vaccine anyway.

If they get the flu then after a week or so they get over it. Why should this concern anyone anymore than the regular flu?

Isn't the flu different every year anyway with the flu vaccine based off the previous years strain?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

The novel thing about this virus is that we don't have an immunity to it. We are all susceptible to it.

Absolutely.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Cuz there are 4 different strains of influenza....they guess which one will be prevalent on any year so you only get a 25% shot anyway.

a reply to: FauxMulder

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

That is concerning as that means the daily reported cases are the ones firstly checked a week ago.

Let's hope that announcement in the UK was no fluke and combined with the results of many test give a better view on the situation.
edit on 5-3-2020 by Dumbass because: Typos

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I just asked here, she confirms that, 7 day test at the moment.

Thank you for confirming. The more clear data we have the less confusion there is.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That is concerning as that means the daily reported cases are the ones firstly checked a week ago.

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hi DB, In your professional opinion, do you think the CoVid19 virus could be a weaponized corona virus; genetically altered to do the most damage? If you don't want to answer, could you give a percentage possibly to how much (or little) the virus could be weaponized; i.e. 100% - definitely a Ft. Detrick offspring down to 0% - no way in hell.

Another question, what seems to be working against the virus, if anything? Any anti-virals seem better than others or even antibiotics in IV solution?

Thank you,
NF

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Another question, what seems to be working against the virus, if anything? Any anti-virals seem better than others or even antibiotics in IV solution?

Forgive my ignorance, but aren't antibiotics useless against a virus? Not arguing--just don't know.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join