It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indulge me, Please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I am doing a report on UFOs, whether they are truth or fiction.

My question is this: Why do you believe that aliens have visited earth? What evidence do you have, or do you even need evidence?

There is an absense of scientific evidence for your cause. Why do you still believe in Aliens and the such?

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That is a lot of information for us to type out for you. Most of us have typed it out already somewhere on the board. I recommend to help yourself on the report, you can read what posts have already been made.
Read, read, and read some more. There is a lot to read on the UFO board. All that information will help you for sure.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
BTW, if you are curious, I believe in Aliens but do not believe they have been to Earth. I do not ridicule any of you in any way, I just need to know more.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is a simple bump. I still would like a few short responses.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well......yes, I believe in UFO's, I have seen them with my own eyes. I ALSO believe our government are attempting to create such vehicles, so WHAT I have seen may be of this world.
I believe in ALiens coming to this planet....HOW else has our society come up with such AMAZING leaps in techknowledgy in the last 50 years???? They are reverse engineering other worldly craft that they have SOMEHOW aquired.

To many people see these Alien creatures............for it to be some kind of mass delusion.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm a believer, and I think about it this way. What would it mean if there is no conspiracy and there are no aliens visiting eart? It would mean that:

1) Roswel never happened and that the people at the US Air Force are bunch of idiots. They have given four different explanations to the Roswel incident. First one was simple. They actually gave a statement saying that they have found a chrashed flying saucer. But they were mistaken. It was a weather balloon. How they managed to mistake a weather balloon for a flying saucer is beyond me. Later because the weather balloon story didnt hold water, they changed their story two more times. Even though there are no aliens The Air Force still has to lie for some reason.

2) Stanton friedman, a nuclear physicist and the most trusted man in ufology has been fooled partly by the clowns in the USAF.

3) General Ramey's hobby was writing science fiction, and this explains the famous picture of him looking at the remains of the weather balloon, while holding a memo on his left hand. This wasn't a memo, just his latest story. Ofcourse at the time Ramey didn't know that eventually technology would enable us to read portions of the paper he’s holding. On the paper it says: "THAT A 'DISK' IS NEXT NEW FIND.", "THE VICTIMS OF THE WRECK"... and so on.

4) Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell is a loonie and they should put him on better medication.

5) The Disclosure Project is a scam. The over 400 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses they have are just actors, and somehow they all profit. The debunkers are so unskilled, that they cant prove that Dr. Steven Greer is a conartist.

I could go on and on. There is too much evidence around. My take is that the whole UFO thing is for real. It's just that the mainsteam media ignores it. Just look what Peter Jennings treated the subject with his BS UFO special.

Check out stantonfriedman.com and disclosureproject.org for more info. Hope this is helpful for your report.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Flying Flyn]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

My question is this: Why do you believe that aliens have visited earth?

Yes, as the evidence suggests it.

What evidence do you have, or do you even need evidence?

Look to my "Case for Roswell" threads and you'll see a TON of evidence just on that one case alone. Or check out my "Battle of LA" thread also. Also, every major leader of Project BlueBook has come out stating that the project was strictly a PR move to get it out of the public eye. There are numerous examples of gun camera footage from combat aircraft. Numerous sightings by military and civilian pilots. Sworn affidavits by credible witnesses, including police, high ranking military, even ex-presidents, a military press release announcing the capture of a flying disc, etc. Of course one NEEDS evidence, at least imho, and believe me, there is PLENTY of it.

There is an absense of scientific evidence for your cause. Why do you still believe in Aliens and the such?

As seen above, there isn't an absence of evidence at all....this absence....THAT is the myth. It isn't a question of belief...it's simply the only logical conclusion that can be made when examining all of the available evidence.

new topics

top topics

join