It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DESPERATION THREAD -- Please post ANYTHING that is NOT about the virus, politics or ...?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Stumbled across a cartoon of a guy sitting at his desk on the computer telling his wife in the background. That's odd my Facebook friends who were constitutional scholars a month ago are now infectious disease experts"

Lord that's so true LOL and I'm bad about spouting about stuff I just read five minutes earlier. Im trying to quit I know its not good for me, but when I'm sick there isn't much to do.

That said let's take a walk on the wild side you got paranormal, you got aliens, you got cryptids, time and space anything at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Anything? I thought about creating a thread the other night wondering why mortgage rates seem to drop so slowly or barely at all when the Fed cuts. Ive been checking rates on bankrate.com and things have barely changed. I think rates could go to zero and the banks would still charge homeowners or potential buyers or people looking at refinance almost the same rates as now. Some type of consumer relief could attempt to drop those rates to people with good credit more drastically than the banks are doing. The Fed does an emergency cut of .5 Bankrate shows zero change in rates one day later from the banks day to day. 15 year rates show about 2.75 or so from Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Maybe 2.65 but that's a far cry of showing any change after a .5 cut from the fed. I saw 2.75 or so last week. It's like the Fed would have to cut 2% to get the bank mortgage rates to drop another half a percent. I'm watching. I'm not ready to refinance yet but wondering why everything moves so slow or barely at all. I guess banks want to get as much money as they can.

If it takes 2 or 3 months to see that half point fed cut reflected in mortgage rates, that might work out good for me but somehow I doubt banks will cut rates that much unless the fed cuts even more.

If rates go negative, you can believe banks will still charge interest for loans. Makes me wonder if the fed cuts have diminishing returns. One way the Fed could boost economic activity would be instead of cutting rates that banks pocket would be a grant program where the fed pays the points to drop consumer loan interest rates directly. Banks would be swamped with people refinancing if the fed paid the points to drop rates an extra one or two full percentage points lower on mortgage rates and other loans. If red tape could be reduced to eliminate most of the closing costs, it would be an even bigger economic boost.

If I give an idea away that helps me and the US economy, I'm all for it.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

Waat bored already?

Supernatural preferred but at this point, I'm desperate for anything that is NOT related to Covid19 or politics!

Well I have a whopper that would possibly have an connection to God and UFO's. Most of the occurrences happened from May 2018 into February 2019. However I am not ready to write it up yet in this venue as I have two University experts that I want to contact first for an opinion. Both of whom allege a possible and potential connection in several books they have authored. However I have kept what amounts to a basic diary of my experiences in another OPs thread. Yes right here on ATS. Its in the "Paranormal Studies" Forum and is titled

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

So all you have to do is do a keyword search by my OP name within that Thread around December 2018. You can see all of my statements and what was ongoing. then if you wish to discuss further you can PM me.

Otherwise I read somewhere that Honey Boo Boo is going to return to TV with new episodes so you can amuse yourself watching Hillary's deplorables. A basket full of morons.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

So you too want action?

All major news networks are now reporting out that the Coronavirus has mutated. One outlet has written that its 1000 times more deadly than the first.

Since you are also in dire need of amusement look this up; Bill and Melinda Gates + Universal Vaccine + Digital ID + ID2020. Its all out there and real and factual. But if its too much work for you to research then the ID2020 could be a fit just for you. Now that's a conspiracy.

Oh, by the way Bill Gates has been videoed many times giving speeches about how vaccines can also prevent overpopulation. He seems fixated on it such that he may very well be a mad scientist who wants to rule the world.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well done 👍

The bullies will be along shortly to derail your thread into something political as always.

On topic : I am a master hypnotherapist In Erickson hypnose and have just finished a seance with one of my clients who (In my opinion) is suffering from one of the worst cases of PTSD that I have ever witnessed).

To be continued...

Lags

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Please post ANYTHING that is NOT about the virus, politics or .

I checked on my underwear, decided to have a shower and used a clean pair of jocks. Toilet roll sales are being limited to 48 rolls in some parts of Australia. I'm avoiding using my toilet paper till about May, when they think the virus will peak.

(post by Lagomorphe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnarley

There's a lot of us around.

Did a lot of DJ ing in the 90s and been collecting for years. I can see how those "hoarder" types, like the TV show, let things go. The record room is quite intimidating at the moment.

As for the books, I'm sure some might be quite valuable but there's just too many. They have to be removed. No one seems to read actual books these days so these will end up in a charity shop somewhere local.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I agree ATS has changed direction over the last few years. Annoys me too. Just gotta change the way you use the site. Go on the forums that interest you and try ignore the homepage.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Ironically, your mock post is exactly what a large section of the site has become. Much ado about BTS.

It's what I used to call "threads thought up while on the terlet threads."

I miss the days when this was a fringe site. And I say this as someone who made plenty of toilet threads myself.

edit on 5-3-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

So you too want action?

All major news networks are now reporting out that the Coronavirus has mutated. One outlet has written that its 1000 times more deadly than the first.

Since you are also in dire need of amusement look this up; Bill and Melinda Gates + Universal Vaccine + Digital ID + ID2020. Its all out there and real and factual. But if its too much work for you to research then the ID2020 could be a fit just for you. Now that's a conspiracy.

Oh, by the way Bill Gates has been videoed many times giving speeches about how vaccines can also prevent overpopulation. He seems fixated on it such that he may very well be a mad scientist who wants to rule the world.

Only link I semi trusted was the Atlantic www.theatlantic.com... ill-gates-fears-most/559007/

So you are surmising the Bill and Melinda Gates are billionaire eco-terrorists that set off Co Vid 19 as a doomsday weapon, using their contacts in to infiltrate the Wuhan Bio Lab and they picked a virus with a 3.4% mortality rate. All this when today's medical science can figure out if it's man-made or not. But are doing this to lower the world population sell their flu vaccine on steroids ?

help me out it early and reefer isn't legal in mt state it hard to follow your train of thought besides we were trying to get off the Co-Vid19 and political train

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I count 18 threads on the "new" page that have nothing to do with either politics or corona.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

yeh there was a supposed UFO over south korea and a video of it .

But yet as operation said, go into nature , set a fire and just relax

I havent read the news online or in paper for over 5 years now
I dont regularly look at news media , if I hadnt seen the posters in my office about corona
i probably wouldnt have noticed it , until I came onto ATS

In other news

I listened to the entire back catalogue of scottish OI / anarcho punk band OI POLLOI
and was so fueled up by their awesomeness I wrote a punk song
called pay freeze
it's about my 12 year pay freeze working for the man

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Sorry I should not have wasted my time on you. Since your too indolent to do the math and research for yourself. Bye bye.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
wild hog hunting with my 44 w/ garrett dangerous African game ammo.....what about that.....theres an ugly one with a bristly snout out back my fenceline on govt property.....he needs human pressure put on him....i could get into talkin bout ....naw

a reply to: GBP/JPY

Lol all of your topics interest me some more than others.

You are in prime wild hog country that's for sure, been hunting a few times made a few kills. But I understand you guys have or had a real wild hog population problem. Starting to get one here in South Georgia, our farmers have to deal with them all the time. I have watched loads of videos on trapping and hunting, night hunting and those helicopter hunts too. Those nasty chits breed like rabbits

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
relief is here

on 29 April... there will be a 2mile X 3 mile... NEO asteroid (near-earth-object)… passing by Earth at 19,000 MPH

but will not strike Earth & cause an ELE because it will be 3 million miles distant

the asteroid fly-by has a stupid all number Name... and was tracked for a couple years already

april 29th is notable to me for a reason

that wild hog problem might be Peccary & not Hogs
edit on th31158341436505192020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

see: www.bing.com... =AS&pq=peccary&sk=EP1AS1&sc=8-7&cvid=7422de5dceca46cee58e1ce349945d16&cc=US&setlang=en-US
edit on th31158341451605212020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I've followed the paranormal/UFO threads for years and they ALL always come down to "Pics or it didn't happen"...or..."It's a rock".

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I’ve seen what I believe to be several ghosts through out my life. When I was five years old, there was a morning when I went outside, and there were several inches of fresh snow. It was still early in the morning, around 830. I want to the back of my grandmothers property to her barn where my sled was stored. I walked all around the barn looking for a way in because the snow was piled against the doors. I finally was able to scoot one of the doors open enough to slip inside. The barn was dimly lit by a few windows, and I found my sled. I remember looking up as I turned the sled from the pile of boxes, and there was a boy about my age sitting up in the rafters looking down at me. Our eyes met, and there was no emotion on his face. He was just watching. I became very frightened, dropped the sled and dashed back to the slightly open door, and outside to run back to my grandmother.
When I told her about it, she quickly put on her boots and coat and came out to investigate with me trailing behind. She walked all around the barn looking for foot prints that were not mine. Then we ended up coming back through the same door, which only had my one set of footprints. Inside the barn was silent, but my grandmother called out, asking if anyone was there. Complete silence. And then she asked me, and chuckled, “are you sure you saw someone?”
Many years later, when I was an adult, She asked me if I remembered that morning. She believed she asked me if I remembered that morning. I think that she may have thought it was a ghost to.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24993473]Gnarley

edit on 5-3-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

LOL! But only kinda sorta.... Because you're not wrong. And it is sad.

At the moment, it seemed the best way to make the point though, for whatever that was worth!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join