It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grocery Shoppers with Masks in New Jersey.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I work at Central Michigan University and I've noticed an uptick in Asian students wearing masks. Nobody else seems too concerned about it.

CMU did release a statement on the virus and traveling for the upcoming spring break. If students/faculty/staff visit a country with a CDC Level 3 or higher health notice, CMU is mandating a 14-day self-quarantine before you can return to campus. I have no idea how they would be able to enforce that.

Will the student be excused from class? Would a staff/faculty member be paid? No mention of this in their statement.
edit on 5-3-2020 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2020 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Trueman

My neighbors are stocked up which means I am stocked up.

LOL....with so many people expected to drop dead on their feet it should be fairly easy picking in terms of generic supplies.....lol...lol...everyone is preparing to try to hide from something you cannot hide from instead of going on the offensive and pro-actively setting the table for a battle to the death with the illness when it arrives by preparing te body to reject the attacks bacterially and virally. Prepare your belly and your blood...set the traps and wait for the bug....then simply kill it using your own auto-immune System.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

That's a rumor.

No proof that his is true...yet.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If you were going to rob a bank, "mask season" would seem like a good time to get your Jesse James on.

Loving and living the visual imagery in this thread!

At least the goat would be organic. Better than that crap you wait in line for, along the "fast food mile" near your work.

why the hell are we going to work, again?

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I don't get the whole mask thing, it won't protect you. We have them we are not using them. We stocked up with pantry stuff last Friday. I live in Northern New England and we will probably be the last state to get this, unless it exploded in MA or NH.

Our grocery stores here are fine, except there was no bleach, dishwashing soap, and bread?? We decided to stock up on perishables before it got crazy. Worse case it doesn't hit here and we have a # ton.of rice, beans and pasta. Lol

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It's also the first of the month for the masses. We get paid the first of the month like SS and welfare. It can be a mess.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Other people buying great amounts of toilet paper.

That was a "Oh $h!t" moment

Quoted for irony. lol

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You missed avoidance.

Please....lay off the beans, man!

If you are knocking at my door, you are the one who needs to practice avoidance.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Then, by the groceries area, I saw for my very first time a person with a mask with a cart full of stuff to the top. 2 minutes later, a second one. then a third one. Other people buying great amounts of toilet paper.

That was a "Oh $h!t" moment, called my wife and told her I'll get my kart loaded too.

Then someone looks at you and you loading your cart, goes “Oh $h!t” and loads up their cart. Then someone sees them and does the same thing. Then again, and again, and again...

Next thing you know we’re naked covered with mud screaming in gibberish hunting goats with a spear in what used to be a Costco. This is how empires fall.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy of insanity..sheep. They were interviewing a woman coming out of a Costco here with cases of TP, when asked why she bought that much..she said, I dont know, the person next to me did

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: underwerks

Then, by the groceries area, I saw for my very first time a person with a mask with a cart full of stuff to the top. 2 minutes later, a second one. then a third one. Other people buying great amounts of toilet paper.

That was a "Oh $h!t" moment, called my wife and told her I'll get my kart loaded too.

Then someone looks at you and you loading your cart, goes “Oh $h!t” and loads up their cart. Then someone sees them and does the same thing. Then again, and again, and again...

Next thing you know we’re naked covered with mud screaming in gibberish hunting goats with a spear in what used to be a Costco. This is how empires fall.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy of insanity..sheep. They were interviewing a woman coming out of a Costco here with cases of TP, when asked why she bought that much..she said, I dont know, the person next to me did

Nothing wrong with being prepared..but you cant eat TP

(oops, I just meant to edit my previous post..doh)
edit on 5-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Walmart update. We got an email today stating that supply is becoming a problem for many departments, and manual ordering is disabled for most of the store. The departments that stuck out were grocery (canned, boxed, bread, frozen), prepared meat (hot dogs, bacon, sausage, lunch meat) pharmacy, health and beauty, paper goods, pets, cleaning chemicals, and dairy. Sh1t may be about to get real. The rest of fresh food is in the clear for now.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
When I run out of supplies I come knocking, and if that fails I go from friendly neighbor to crazy raider.

I work on the 3 A's strategy: Armaments, Ammunition and Alcohol.

I don't drink, so any I find you can have. I'll be sure to carry a flask or two for ya if we ever cross paths.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Walmart update. We got an email today stating that supply is becoming a problem for many departments, and manual ordering is disabled for most of the store. The departments that stuck out were grocery (canned, boxed, bread, frozen), prepared meat (hot dogs, bacon, sausage, lunch meat) pharmacy, health and beauty, paper goods, pets, cleaning chemicals, and dairy. Sh1t may be about to get real. The rest of fresh food is in the clear for now.

I checked the Home Depot system for masks. All of the Home Depots are sold out, and there is no date for more. We won't be getting more for quite some time.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
As far as TP goes I'm more than prepared.

I only eat a full meal once a day. Somedays my intake is as small as a bit of bread, nuts, and a fruit. I only have to defecate once a day at most.

I drink plenty of fluids though. Thankfully though I'm able to piss just about anywhere if I wanted to.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

Man, the mask is not supposed to protect you. People in China are forced to wear it in case they got sick, so they don't spread it.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Thank you for the update👍

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I don't drink, so any I find you can have. I'll be sure to carry a flask or two for ya if we ever cross paths.

Two.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll carry a whole bandolier of flasks, and when people ask why a teetotaler carries so much alcohol. I'll say it's for my homies.

I shall be known as "Der Bandoleer Astemia."

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: underwerks

Am I scared of the Coronavirus? Hell no.

Am I scared we might run out of toilet paper or coffee? Hell yes.

COFFEE! Tuesday I stopped at a local auction warehouse and made the score of the year. 5 lb bags of Starbucks coffee beans for $5.00 each! They also probably had 10 pallets of 12 pack rolls of Angel Soft lavender scented TP for $3.50. I may be drinking stale coffee for the next year and will more than likely get stung by bees multiple times this spring as they confuse my a$$ for a flower.
But I wont be running out of either any time soon.
edit on 5-3-2020 by lostsock because: my spelling sucks

posted on Mar, 6 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: underwerks

Am I scared of the Coronavirus? Hell no.

Am I scared we might run out of toilet paper or coffee? Hell yes.

COFFEE! Tuesday I stopped at a local auction warehouse and made the score of the year. 5 lb bags of Starbucks coffee beans for $5.00 each! They also probably had 10 pallets of 12 pack rolls of Angel Soft lavender scented TP for $3.50. I may be drinking stale coffee for the next year and will more than likely get stung by bees multiple times this spring as they confuse my a$$ for a flower.
But I wont be running out of either any time soon.

That is a good price for those beans.

I think I would pass on the TP though, that scented stuff that smells like flowers could be dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join