It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grocery Shoppers with Masks in New Jersey.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Trueman

Then, by the groceries area, I saw for my very first time a person with a mask with a cart full of stuff to the top. 2 minutes later, a second one. then a third one. Other people buying great amounts of toilet paper.

That was a "Oh $h!t" moment, called my wife and told her I'll get my kart loaded too.

Then someone looks at you and you loading your cart, goes “Oh $h!t” and loads up their cart. Then someone sees them and does the same thing. Then again, and again, and again...

Next thing you know we’re naked covered with mud screaming in gibberish hunting goats with a spear in what used to be a Costco. This is how empires fall.

(Bold mine) Can you believe some call that a dystopian future?

Please tell me we'll be roasting the goats over the burning corpses of our enemies!

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You really are vile.
you just made his day

I find it ironic that all of this consuming of goods for preps, will drive economy even more.

If this teaches us two things, they will be that:
A) Just-in-time inventory for commercial businesses might not be the best long-term strategy (overly simplified, but it saves money once and then leaves things vulnerable.)
And
B) Just-in-time inventory for household goods might not be the best long-term strategy...

Heck, when we run low on TP, Costco isn't possible for me on days I work, and days off are usually busier than work days, so I'll end up buying twice from Walmart waiting for my opportunity to get to Costco. In the process, I'll spend the same on 12 smaller rolls as I would for 30 more luxurious a-wipes at Costco.

When you poop 5+ times a day, these are important considerations.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

if you were my neighbour i would make sure my gun was loaded

Yup. Along with my 1000 rolls of toilet paper I have 20,000 rounds of ammo. My neighbor made a similar threat to me years ago. I subsequently told him of my new-found appreciation for the NRA. He didn't like that much. But realistically, I'd share with him if it came to that.

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My neighbors are stocked up which means I am stocked up.

When I run out of supplies I come knocking, and if that fails I go from friendly neighbor to crazy raider.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i went to secaucus and north bergan walmart.
i use wet naps in my car, all the time, (i even took pics of my wet naps years ago and posted on ig! lol)
i did find a stash of wetnaps, so i snagged some. but i got babywipes to use mostly.

wetnaps were sold out basically except for the stash i found.

i saw one person with a mask on.

but i did find the new macho man masters of the universe figure lol!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

if you were my neighbour i would make sure my gun was loaded

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Tulpa

I don't have too much but I'd be happy to share with you a can of beans and a few items if all goes to hell. Just let me know

Please...
Do NOT give him any beans!!!

I have to. He told me about a good spot where to get mushrooms in Montclair.

go ahead and send some now and have everything squared away.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Next thing you know we’re naked covered with mud screaming in gibberish hunting goats with a spear in what used to be a Costco.

Not sure it goes that fast, but I appreciate the colorful visual.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Masks are next to worthless.

When you're out your clothes, items you purchased, even the cash you used will have the potential to carry the virus.

So many vectors for any virus makes simple masks just a placebo.

Contracting it just seems so inevitable.

I almost want to track down the first person in my town that gets it and shake their hand. Get it over with while there is still hospital beds available.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: Tulpa

I don't have too much but I'd be happy to share with you a can of beans and a few items if all goes to hell. Just let me know

Please...
Do NOT give him any beans!!!

I have to. He told me about a good spot where to get mushrooms in Montclair.

go ahead and send some now and have everything squared away.

No need now. I'll wait until his neighbors run out first.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Try small local supermarkets and bodegas in your area.

It started to feel like when we got hit by Sandy. We know Murphy won't do better than Christie.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Then someone looks at you and you loading your cart, goes “Oh $h!t” and loads up their cart. Then someone sees them and does the same thing. Then again, and again, and again...

Next thing you know we’re naked covered with mud screaming in gibberish hunting goats with a spear in what used to be a Costco. This is how empires fall.

ROTFL!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Masks are next to worthless.

When you're out your clothes, items you purchased, even the cash you used will have the potential to carry the virus.

So many vectors for any virus makes simple masks just a placebo.

Contracting it just seems so inevitable.

I almost want to track down the first person in my town that gets it and shake their hand. Get it over with while there is still hospital beds available.

Considering you can get reinfected and the second round is worse than the first......
edit on 5-3-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I work at Walmart and I've seen an increasing number of people wearing masks every day over the last week or so. We are completely out of masks in both pharmacy and hardware. Also out of every variety of hand sanitizer. I have not seen a whole lot of toilet paper, bread, and milk preppers but I'm sure it's coming. People around here buy a month's supply if they fear being snowed in for a day.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
So do you have the cannibals cookbook you know to maximize your loot I recomend jerky for trade over eating it yourself but to each there own

Teriyaki neighbor jerky is the best.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
You really are vile.

Thank you, that just made my day.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Yup. Along with my 1000 rolls of toilet paper I have 20,000 rounds of ammo. My neighbor made a similar threat to me years ago. I subsequently told him of my new-found appreciation for the NRA. He didn't like that much. But realistically, I'd share with him if it came to that.

I watched The Walking Dead, I know what happens when the toilet paper runs out and society breaks down.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
When I run out of supplies I come knocking, and if that fails I go from friendly neighbor to crazy raider.

I work on the 3 A's strategy: Armaments, Ammunition and Alcohol.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You missed avoidance.

Please....lay off the beans, man!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join