It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen Chuck Schumer Attacks Justices Kavanaugh and Gorsuch. Chief Justice Roberts Rebukes Schumer.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

For christsake, I saw it on the news two or three times. If you're so rabid about it look for it on YT.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I saw it also. Give me the direct quote!! The same accusation was made about the New York law they passed, again a bunch of misinformation!!
There are state laws against infanticide, there are federal laws against it also. And that law that says all infants are to be treated in like manner regardless of how the came into the world is a federal law. All of which means. It wouldn't matter what crazy law any state chose to write, a baby is just a baby, infanticide is illegal, and federal laws supersede state laws!!!
edit on 5-3-2020 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Can you provide anything credible to this discussion, like what news?

And since when is YT a credible source by itself?

You're sounding willfully ignorant of your own argument.

Here's Ted again with some alternative facts

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
And, the results of his words, at most, may lead to a few unhinged liberals writing some nasty letters to a couple of justices.

Just like trump and the rights talking heads have lead to nasty letters being written to:
A certain ambassador and other civil servants that were called to testify in the impeachment hearings.
Schumer, polosi, Schiff, and other legislatures.
The judge and jury members in stones trial.

And... let's not forget the families of dead children and the survivors of school shootings that are targeting, harassed, threatened.. of which I was just reading an article. It seems some guy in California has been sentence to something like 5 years for cyberstalking and harassing the families of the parkland school shooting victims.

Schumer did go too far with his words. But, I dont see how it's any worse than what trump and gang have been doing when it comes to those involved in the stone trial or the impeachment hearings. And, I imagine that any threats against supreme court justices would get taken far more seriously than those jurors and those being targeting because they had the horrible experience of having some lunatic shoot up their kids school possibly along with their kid!!!

By the way...
It's illegal to kill a baby after it is born. It doesnt matter how it came into the world. Once born the law sees it as a baby, protected under the same laws as any other baby.
They arent killing babies or writing laws hoping to make it legal to kill babies!! What the law does allow every person is the ability to decide how extreme the measures used to keep them alive should be, and if they are unable to voice their desires, their closest kin to make that decision. In the case of a non-viable newborn, that would be its parents, irregardless if it came into the world via natural childbirth, miscarriage, or botched abortion attempt. Once born, a baby is a baby and are all to be treated equally under the law. Think carefully about what you want. A baby is also a human and is to be treated equally to all other humans under the law. If something were to happen unexpectantly to you tomorrow that put you at deaths door, would you want to be the one deciding just when to stop the chemo, or pull the plug and be allowed to walk through that door? If you were unable to voice you opinion, who would you want to decide, you family under consultation with the doctors most familiar with your condition? Would you rather it be a decision made black and white, rigid and inflexible by lawmakers with no medical background? Or maybe you would prefer that your heartbroken family heads into court to fight for your right to live, or your right to die, depending on which way the political winds blow the current interpretations of those inflexible and rigid laws? Both my parents left this world via a decision made by the ones closest to them, when they were ready to make that decision, when they were convinced that my parent wasn't coming back to us. A baby, once born into the world has the same rights as you do, regardless of the how it came into the world. A baby has the right to have this decision made by those closest and most emotionally attached to them and not by court decisions or inflexible laws. To take that right from even a small group of babies is to take that right away from all of us!
But, who cares, right? Ya, just twist the words to suit your agenda and spread the misinformation far and wide. Who cares if it condemns a few already doomed babies of days or maybe weeks of repetitious seizing. Who cares if it causes civil servants, judges, or jurors to live in fear, and have to hire security they cant afford. Who cares even if your nonsense drives the parents of dead children hundreds of miles from their child's grave and keeps them on the move even. As long as it is your agenda that is promoted, that is all that matters!

No, schumer shouldnt have said what he said. But the only message I am hearing from you guys of late seems to be...
"How dare they open up our playbook and start playing by the same rules we have been playing by the past decade or longer!"
Tell ya what, you sit down and write a letter telling trump to knock the crap off and I will sit down and write one to schumer telling him the same.

Really? I have a niece that was a premie born way way to early, they didn’t expect her to live. She had tubes all over her for months. She’s now 37 with two beautiful kids. Do you think they should’ve pulled the plug on her pending on what some mother said? I’m sure some people out there wouldn’t have wanted to deal with her. I think your ideology sucks.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

Can you provide anything credible to this discussion, like what news?

And since when is YT a credible source by itself?

You're sounding willfully ignorant of your own argument.

Here's Ted again with some alternative facts

Heres trump backing him up

It's pretty cringy.

Heres schumer being creepy...

Abortions a pretty fuc ked topics without the lies

Heres brett doing his lawyering

edit on 5-3-2020 by sunkuong because: Forgot brett

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I think that as a whole, your niece, as well as every other baby born with severe problems is better off if this decision is made by their parents with their doctors guidance rather than by lawmakers or court decisions!!!
But, make no mistake about it, this kind of decision will have to be made sometimes, either by families or laws and courts.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I think that as a whole, your niece, as well as every other baby born with severe problems is better off if this decision is made by their parents with their doctors guidance rather than by lawmakers or court decisions!!!
But, make no mistake about it, this kind of decision will have to be made sometimes, either by families or laws and courts.

I would liken that to murder.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Do you consider it murder when you hear that one of the big causes of death in this country is the lack of health insurance also?
Did I help murder my mother when. I participated in the decision to remove her from life support instead of letting her remain. In a coma with no hope or waking up? Ain't no one wanting it to be legal to go around slitting babies throats! But gee, they can keep dead bodies alive for a very long time, heck they probably could make it into a very profitable business by harvesting their healthy organs when the need arises. And, I am sure there are some sick sobs that would love to do just that if we let them!
Deciding just how far we should go to preserve the life of our loved ones or ourselves just isnt something I see as negotiable. No spirit should be trapped in a useless body unable to interact in the world or even express to others they are in constant unbearable pain. And only the most sadistic of people would actively strive to keep someone alive with no hope of recovery if it's obvious that the are suffering a great deal.
If pulling the plug is murder in your book then you have more to worry about than just the few babies that are born from botched abortions because that plug is probably being pulled quite a few times everyday!!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Yeah ... because who cares if the kid itself wants to live? It's not like he or she can talk yet, so it must not be human. All that matters is that it's uncomfortable or expensive for other people to be inconvenienced by those early medical issues.

"It's more convenient for me if this child dies ... Pull the plug doctor." Is what we're all talking about and what the laws are being written to accommodate.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That's not what we're talking about though, and you know it.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
I am all for protesting.
It is our right in out country to do so.
What Schumer did imo was not protesting, it was threatening.
An ordinary citizen doing such would most likely get a visit from the authorities to gauge the seriousness of such; Schumer should be subject to such imo.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Retroactive abortion for lifetime political wonks should be mandatory up to the 227th trimester!

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

No spirit should be trapped in a useless body unable to interact in the world

Well I believe you should be first to go

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Beware of pathetic rabid Democrats throwing more fits than usual as the Joe Biden saga continues to get riddled with gaffs and mental lapses. The Democrat Brownshirt/BeerHall violence will get worse too. 🤣 🥳 🤣

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Schumer is inciting violence and possible rioting !!!! 🤣🥳🤣

He's cracked and snapped 🤣🥳🤣

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

He crossed the line when he started naming names. It was iffy before but more rhetoric. Naming names is making threats.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I agree
He should have to answer for such

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Guess I am not sure why the politicians (either side of the aisle) get a pass on items such as this. If anything they should be held to a higher standard than the general public for specific actions. Specifically related to this occurrence, I know in every job I had a threat directed at specific individuals was immediate termination, even in a union environment where much more BS got by, threats were treated as very serious and typically did not have the same backing.

The whole political system is so divided that I don't remember over the last 30 years where it has ever been so bad and so divided. The hatred on both sides has really created a dangerous situation where the people are not getting anything accomplished that these individuals were elected to do, its just very sad.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It doesnt matter what you are talking about.. the question is what was the governor talking about when he made his comments. Of which no one can give me a direct quote to..

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

When trump does!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join